Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Finding the gems in midfield and defence will be key this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Anyone doing ok so far.

It's hard. I have one team floating around the 3k mark overall, but feels like a gap that might be hard to close already.

I'm 6k. Happy enough with my team but yea it will be hard to bridge the gap everyone having similar attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

288th and 694th so far. No transfers made. Will make one tonight on both because I wanted to do a 2 for 1 transfer for the two Everton matches. It's very early days. Most teams up there would have been going for the monthly prizes for August and September.

282nd

• Advertisement

Impressive start lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm at 16k ish with both teams

I was on my holliers in Spain during GW3 and couldn't make any changes or even log onto the app during to my location so missed out on some valuable captaincy points.

Is that a new thing? that the app only works in the UK and Ireland?

... In previous summers I'd always have been away in July - before the season started but I often spent many an hours sitting poolside, cocktail in hand picking my GW1 team.

Morale of the story, if your leaving the country pick you team/captains before you leave!

Are you serious? Going to Portugal tomorrow for 2 weeks. Not what I wanted to hear. Could you log onto the website and do the changes? Surely that works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

First season playing. Currently, first team is 17k and second team is 3k.

Have gone for Salah, Ronaldo and Lukaku up top for both teams now, have spent a couple of transfers so will obviously now need to keep them for a while.

Is there any prime time for using the overhaul from previous seasons or similar to the FPL game?

We have two overhauls, the one just gone and one around February. Going on what I saw last season if you have 20 or more transfers left by 2nd overhaul you are doing well. thunderdog had a lot of transfers left after the 2nd overhaul last season and came on with a great run. Should be easier to hang on to them this season as there are less gamedays to cover for captains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure, never thought of testing the website version my phone.

Skybet are only licensed to operate in UK and Ireland so probably same set up with the fantasy site. If you have a vpn it's worth trying it get around it

Capt Gray gave me a jump of around 1k places.

Need to resist hitting transfer button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Back into the top 1k. Had considered one of Decoure/Allan as an Antonio replacement but already had Gray so gave it a miss.

Webster and Antonio the issues for next week. Thinking of getting Marcal in for Webster given his form and fixtures.

not sure yet what to do with Antonio

Over in Portugal at the moment. Skysports app doesn't work. The website does though.

Kept Antonio, but sold Benrahma to get Gallagher in. Also got Marcal in for Webster. Just the 3 points from the two transfers but hopefully longer term will pay off.

might look at getting Mendy in for Sa in a few weeks. Rudiger and Mendy would be my preferred two Chelsea at the back

Made 2 transfers in my 1st team and 1 in my 2nd so far. 2nd team doing better than my first. Have a lot of players playing today in the 2nd one. I had Antonio in my 1st and took him out for Gray. 2nd team hasn't had the injuries or players dropped that the 1st one has.

That’s good going-I’ve made 2 transfers so far, one of which was taking Benrahma out for Gallagher. I really thought Benrahma was unlikely to start.

Brought in De Gea yesterday for Pickford and had Rudiger too so a good day's work. Jumped from 6k to 3k. I only entered the one team this season.

I keep forgetting to update. On Friday I only had raphina playing but it doesn't seem to auto select him as Captain?

• Advertisement

No auto captains unfortunately-each captain has to be selected manually for each gameday

I know Kane typically likes a goal against Arsenal but given current form I’m considering giving Kane a miss. I have two Wolves players for Sunday so will probably give one of them the captaincy instead

I have captain options in my best team for tomorrow and Monday so considering leaving Kane. Looking at it realistically you are taking out Salah or Ronaldo for him and you would be reversing the transfer in the near future. Will see how today plays out. Trying very hard not to waste transfers unless it's a long term injury or a 2 for 1 scenario.

Up to 79th and 143rd after today. Putting Gallagher in tomorrow as cover even though I already have a captain. Sa a hero today.

very impressive. Have you used many transfers?

I have made 2 transfers in the team in 79th and 4 in the other. The one with 4 transfers had a couple of injuries. Think I am well covered over the next while although Arsenal could be an option for that Monday match coming up with Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's brilliant going. Every chance of a high finish

Having a look at twitter a bit more this season. Have people used a few transfers already. Trying to keep it below the number of matches played so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yeah it's handy to have a few extra transfers in hand for later on in the season. I have 36 and 35 left myself - not the worst but obviously not the best either. A tonne of captain days to come - as we saw with Sa yesterday you can make good ground on any given match day!

• Advertisement

I see you are now 46th and only 19 points away from top 10. That’s great going. I’d say the majority of people ahead of you have already blasted through a good chunk of their transfers

Advertisement