Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭eagerv

Finally got the chance to test drive one today. Grey with light interior.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/PLjA3Vl.jpg[/img]

IMO looked much better than the dark interior.

Got a good run in the car today, mainly on ring road around Waterford and a good rural loop with poorer quality roads. Speed generally around 80km/h or less, except for a short faster bit. Didn't test the lane keep/follow, but from all tests I have seen is good. Not a great fan of the paddles, though used to them on our classic Ioniq. I prefer to drive with Zero regen, pity the Ioniq 5 doesn't appear have the smart regen when not using ACC, that I love with our ID.

Asked if the tyres were at the correct pressure (Thanks unkel!) which they were. Apparently when car came in they were at forty something.. Ride was very good, better than my ID.3 on the bumpy bits, but to be expected with the long wheelbase. Refinement also very good, but not noticeably better than the ID, with similar road noise (Low).

Tried the different modes, but normal(Comfort?) was as good as it gets apart from throttle response. It's not as powerful or as sporty on the steering as my ID.3, but perfectly adequate with a reasonable surge when you put your foot down. But a very comfortable drive and a lovely car.

I reset trip before leaving and apart from a few short checks on the power was gentle driving. Car showed 13.8kWh/100km for my drive which I thought was very impressive for the size of car. I redid the exact same route in my ID.3 giving her the same blasts at the same places and got 12.6kWh/100km. That compares with the WLTP of the two cars, so should have a very capable range even with the smaller battery.

The sales Manager at Waterford Hyundai used to work in Wexford, he sold us our Classic! A nice guy, if he can come up with a fair price we will go ahead with a Base 5. He is saying March next year at the latest with a possibility in January. He has no idea as yet of the seat and interior colour scheme of the base models, but possibly a single colour across all the exterior colours. If anyone can find any pics or interior spec details for base model would appreciate. The missus liked the exterior white or grey (As in my pic). There doesn't appear to be any "free" colour here.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

It has Auto Regen (if that is the same as smart regen that you are talking about) - press the right pedal for 2 seconds or so and it comes on.

Trying to figure out how it works here at the moment.

Thanks for that, would appreciate if you report back when you get the hang of it🙂. In my VW the car freewheels unless there is a car ahead, bad bend, speed limit, roundabout etc, where it slows up when you lift off to the appropriate speed. Touching the throttle or brake clears it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I've been quoted 46k for the same battery and spec but they were quick to highlight that this may change closer to delivery time. Dealer also expecting some 221 deal like they usually have (low APR, free servicing etc.). Everything will be finalised in November and then they'll sort out the trade in etc

Missus ordered a 58kWh Executive in Galactic Grey Metallic this morning at Waterford, delivery hopefully January, but may be later. They still had 3 cars available from their initial allocation, white black and grey. White is her favourite, but she didn't like the pictures of black side trim and black wheel arches on the base white model. Looks better on the grey or black IMO. Seems as though the front and back of the car has the chrome trim on base model, similar to the higher models. Pity Hyundai will not release interior pics of the base interior trim (VW did the same with the ID.3). Hoping it's because it will look almost as good as the more expensive models.🙂

She loved the car to drive, didn't get quite as good economy as me😊, only 14.6kWh/100km. But if it gets a range of 1.5 times her 28kWh classic she will be more than happy. Possibly realistic with no heat pump and not so aerodynamic. Wasn't planning to trade in her 28, but got a good deal and much more convenient seeing the delivery date is not exact. It has made the 28kWh a great total cost of ownership over the two years of her ownership. It will be a 5 year old when she gets her new car, but is in as new condition with about 79K km probably at that time.

I am not going to quote what she paid, it's not my car, but for anyone buying straight I reckon 38K is possible, on the road incl metallic paint and mats, but excl paint protection and servicing package. A good car for the price I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

If they have cars available why do you have to wait until January to get them?

They don't have any Executives here, just what is available to them early next year. (And still not exactly sure when) Will be slow initially, they were only allocated 8 IIRC. May all be rubbish, but just what we were told.😉

Suits us better anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 matray

Just bought one yesterday in Waterford, Brian is such a pleasure to deal with. Love the car but will be sad to see my old 28 going whenever the 5 arrives in 22......

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

Ordered the 73kWh Premium model from Hyundai Dundrum a couple of weeks ago. They have 5 pre-ordered cars coming in December (3 left at the time I ordered) for Jan 3rd pickup on the new 221 reg, I went with the black exterior and light interior. Any custom orders they are hoping for March / April delivery at the earliest. Luckily I wanted the Premium model, so worked out well.

Great experience with the team there, especially Timmy the sales manager. No discounts to be had, but then why would they - they will sell everything that comes into the country at full price.

I had been looking for an electric car for some time. I have a long history with VW and I have also owned a couple of BMWs in the past. Don't like the i3, love the i4, but I'm not paying 80k for a new car. And I was really disappointed with the ID.4. Looks great from the outside, but the model I wanted comes in at just a couple of hundred Euro over 60k, so doesn't qualify for some of the grants. It has less options and the interior feels much cheaper than the Highline Tiguan I drive today, even though that cost over 10k less (and that's the 190bhp 4motion version!).

I love the look of the Ioniq 5 and I think it looks much better in the metal than it does on the web. I'm a big fan of the 8-bit-style lights. Interior is very minimalistic, nearly Nordic in design. I like the simplicity. Ride was a little hard, but OK. Doesn’t have the power or torque of the Teslas, it feels more like a "normal" car. Massive interior space, just tons of space, both in the front and the back. Visibility out of the back isn't the best, but OK. Boot felt a little small for the size of the car, but with the back seats down there is tons of space. Front boot (I'm still refusing to use those new combined words :-)) is useless other than for the charging cables.

Lots of nice little touches, like the 8-bit charge level indicator lights in the charging port, very slick graphics on both screens (specially compared to the instrument cluster in the ID.4, which is just tiny and archaic looking in comparison), the sliding centre console, the “pinboard” on the right of the steering wheel, the drawer-style glovebox (why has nobody done that before!), the adjustable rear seats, etc...

Never thought I would buy a Hyundai, but here we are. I am impressed.

It's my first electric car, so frantically going reading up on charging stations and trying to figure out what the best phone apps are to track the charging points.

Also a beginner’s question, but should the Hyundai website not state kWh? They talk about kW everywhere when talking about battery size?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

What’s the main draw for the premium over the executive plus ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Seems to be just Leather Seats instead of half leather, Dual LED (low and high projection) headlights and Electrochromic rear view mirror according to the specs, and some slight exterior colour trim tweaks. Not sure if that's worth the €4k extra. The rear view mirror in particular is just silly that it's only on Premium models. It's a great feature IMO and one that I had on an old '98 BMW 3-series.

Your final part I quote "Also a beginner’s question, but should the Hyundai website not state kWh? They talk about kW everywhere when talking about battery size?"

You are correct, they should quote battery capacity in kWh, but the sales people make the same mistakes. What's new, lol..🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Best of luck with it.

Download the usual apps (ESB cars, easy go, abrp, plugshare) etc and keep asking questions here. The guys who have had EV's for years are super helpful.

There's no such thing as a silly question!!

@80sDiesel @Pique

3 main reasons for me to go with Premium:

1) I really wanted the leather seats - hoping the light interior fell stay fresh a little longer with kids

2) Highway Driving Assist Level 2, definitlyh comes in handly on long journeys up and down the country.

3) 3-4 months earlier delivery :-)

@Pique - you're probably right!

@eagerv Thoguht so! I can feel smug now :-)

@mfceiling - I already had the ESB and the Plugshare apps, but the other two are new to me. ABRP seems great! I am planning to drive it down to Portugal to visit some family over there next May. It doesn't seem to have the Ioniq 5 as a car yet, but I am sure it will by next May :-)

Isn’t the highway assist also on the executive?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

The executive seems to have lane keep and lane follow, not sure what highway assist is.

Whatever is on the exective my missus will turn it off any way..🙂

Not according to the Hyundai Dundrum document that was sent to me. Now that said there were other typos on it (range on the premium plus for example):

Here a screenshot - formatting on the phone is not ideal, sorry!

And don’t forget about those high glossy door mirrors! lol

Does anyone have a link to pictures of the car with the black trim which is on the lower spec models?, all I can find online are computer generated images.

Think there are a few glimpses on this video, that's all we have found. The online brochure may also give an idea of the interior material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33U7zqGPUU

• Advertisement

The black trim doesn't look to bad with white, but I wish there more photos out there as I would imagine that spec will be popular here.

I will have to wait for the brochure I guess.

The UK brochure may show, I have it somewhere in PDF, but cannot check at work atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

I looked everywhere, wasn't able to find much , so ended up going through all the listings for the French and German "carzone" equivalents... (Would share links but boards doesn't allow me).

I only downloaded these ones "shooting star grey"

Om YouTube then, most French reviews seem to have the black trim, you just need to search for ioniq 5 essai and you'll find at least 2-3 reviews with different colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I assume leather is normal leather, not Vegan (man made leather)

Thanks for those pics. I think I prefer the black trim to the chrome plastic bits. There is still a bit of crome front and back, but not too much. Quite like those cloth seats as well..

Every man can relate to this review.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

This video has some good images of car with the black mouldings. Unfortunately they are not speaking English, but some very good video of the car in this spec.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this: do we have any images of the "half leather" interior seating? Any clips I've seen of Lower spec cars seem to have all cloth material interiors, not half leather....

Thanks for any help...

Also, there are a fair few other clips on YouTube with the lower spec and with the black side moulding but they are all in German or Austrian... don't know which...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Also, the indicators are in the lower moulding of the lower specced version from the clips I've seen whereas the chrome effect front moulding has no lights in its front moulding(I think....)

I don't know if you have discussed this on this thread but on the lower trim model the back lit panel is not fully pixel lated with white dots but much more blacked out... personally I like it this way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

I I imagine these are the 1/2 leather seats (another German review):

Again boards won't let me share link, so just search for "erstkontakt mit dem Hyundai ioniq 5" on YouTube.

Advertisement