Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭tinytobe

It's the horny Guard with the blue Fiesta, I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Several people made statements that IB said he knew her, including a journalist for the Guardian who had no skin in the game. The actress who played Sophie on Crimeline said he walked over to her while they were filming her as Sophie out for a walk and said he met her out on this walk.

Asking him if he's on benefits and how he affords to live was fecking low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Not a great interview, he barely had time to answer any of the questions. An opportunity missed. Sounds like he's going with the Gemma O'Doherty scenario with the cattle rustlin, womanising, knuckle dragging garda in a blue Fiesta.

• Advertisement

I think he might have been mentioned on here 😬

Well perhaps he has reason to and knows things that EVEN YOU don't! 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

Need to get him on the Tommy Tiernan show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Yep. I think Tommy would have a done a good interview with him

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭DivilsAdvocate

Not to mention asking him if he's an alcoholic on prime time TV. I don't know if he did it or not, but 25 years of that pressure and strain would drive anyone to drink, especially when the majority of the people you meet take the same patronising viewpoint as the interviewer across from him. She looked down upon him from the getgo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

I mean before the murder.

After the murder I'm sure plenty of people would be saying how well they knew her.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that he knew her and even you must find it somewhat surprising that he didn't write about her if, as you believe, he knew her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Just letting him answer questions you've asked him would put him streets ahead of RTE's big earners (and Collette) anyway.

She was a disgrace I'm just really glad for his sake he didn't rise to it or get angry with her.

That was a poor interview

The only time Ian's voice changed was to deny he had a drink problem. I certainly think he does, I think anyone who has seen this in their family can recognise it.

So you are implying that he was telling the truth about everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭Shelga

Why does he do all of these interviews and documentaries if he wants people to stop thinking of him as a murderer? It’s all he’s associated with.

To keep the conversations going until the truth comes out.

Doesn't always go his way but can't imagine how I'd feel after 25 years of being accused of murder

The sad thing about that interview is that those kind of moments is what the vast majority of the public only get to see of the case. Posters like us on here are in a very small minority of people who have and continue to research what happened.

I remember when I was younger and always saw pictures of Bailey on the front of the Evening Herald, the media would use a picture outside of court and purposefully use whatever photo he looked angriest in to portray him as a man who got away with murder. People look at it and automatically think that chap looks evil and is guilty as sin.

Maybe he did get away with it who knows, but the way garda and media have treated that man is nothing short of shameful and a stain on our country IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tibruit

Because he is a malignant narcissist who craves attention and doesn`t care if it is positive or negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭Xander10

Just watched part 2 of the Fr Molloy case. Outlines that Garda files and forensic evidence went missing.

Sound familiar?

Back then, we are either dealing with Garda corruption or the most incompetent police force in the world

In an interview after his first arrest he said he had seen her and she had been pointed out to him. That was the clip they should have played. His account more recently is that he didn’t actually see her. It seems extremely unlikely someone pointed out a dark shape in a house and said that it was Sophie. He seems to have said tonight he saw the type of glasses one of the men with her wore. It seems extremely unlikely he never actually knew her to see.

Alfie Lyons said he was 90% sure he had introduced them. Leo Bolger said he witnessed this. It has been claimed that he first mentioned this over ten years later but in the West Cork podcast they discovered he had actually mentioned it to a solicitor for the newspapers years earlier in preparation for the case against them but he was never called to give testimony in the end.

Guy Girard seems pretty sure of the conversation he had with Sophie. In one of the books it claims that Jules told detectives during one of her interviews that he told her after the murder that he had seen her in Schull on the Saturday.

When he was told a French woman had been killed he was able to drive straight to her house.

Also, one of the most annoying aspects of this whole thing has to be the morons who claim it's Baileys fault because he loves attention, even the interviewer went down that line of questioning.

It's almost like some people think he ID'd himself as the killer to the cops. Whether he killed her or not, do people really think he'd enjoy being fingered as a suspect FFS.

That was an awful interview. Would be interesting to see Tommy Tiernan interview him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

He never denied he knew of her and knew her to see. That's not really knowing her though is it. I'm sure there is a lot of people around West cork that knew Sophie to see but didn't know her personally. There is a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I’ve been away for a good while… can u give me a summary please!? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Well that was interesting... Like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

So, Collette Fitzgerald transformed into Mrs Rothweiler with sore bolloxs to interview the still presumed innocent Ian Bailey...

That was one of the most aggressive interviews I have ever witnessed.. What happened to being impartial?

I thought Bailey would clobber her with his crutch! Now that would be interesting!

Has he a problem with drink? How many drinks last night? Seriously - Who cares!!

Mrs Rothweiler had a perfect opportunity to preen information from the man in the know -The former prime suspect Ian Bailey. She could have delved into his theory that a man from Bantry was the murderer... Could have got him to open up about the murder investigation, why the Gards failed in so many area's.

Christ, she practically said there was no Garda negligence in the murder inquiry???

She was interrogating him on beating Jules... We know all this. We know Bailey has an unpleasant side, he's addressed it countless times.

For me, this was a completely wasted interview.

Was she there to just set traps? Catch him out? Make tomorrows headlines? Was this just another hatchet job?

Bailey stated that Sophie wasn't the mast attractive woman..... That's his opinion. That's how he see's her. That's his call...

You forget (if it's true), The Babe Farrell was seen by many men too be a good catch.. Wasn't she a Mother of five? Didn't fella's drop their pants and jocks at the sight of her? Didn't the invisible man indulge in driving her around the coast at 4am in the morning? These guys all found her desirable.. Most others would see a slapper looking for a length in the back of her van.

Disappointing from start to finish.... You'd miss Gaybo!

So not Col Mustard in the study with a candlestick? Glad that’s cleared up.

He said he didn’t even know her to see in one of the recent interviews. I think it’s in the West Cork podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No,not at all. The rest of the answers were same as before, nothing new, very like the Philip Boucher Hayes interview. But that question really did seem to stop him in his tracks. Just for a minute. In my opinion, there is no need to interview hm, just sit him down and let him talk. He is pretty adapt at verbal diarrhea.

I'd love to see him with Tommy Tiernan, 4 hours should do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement