Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account has been limited

Options
  • 13-09-2021 4:08pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just got a text from BOI to say my account has been limited and to follow the steps to reactivate with a link to onlineservices- review dot com.

Does this sound legit? I do have a Bank of Ireland account that I rarely use bit am suspicious of the link in the text, it's not BOI.

Thanks.

Comments

Don't touch the link just delete it. I got it too a few weeks ago. I took a screenshot of the text and reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

No I would say that is a scam message so don't click on it.

If you need to check type in the url yourself and make sure it's legit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

There's a scam doing the rounds, I got a similar text pretending from PTSB

Diligent user reported here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058206576/nearly-fooled-by-fake-tsb-texts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

It's a scam do nothing delete it.

If there really is something wrong with the account they will write to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

This is either confusing, or just bad advice. Clicking a dodgy link, or typing a dodgy web address yourself are essentially the same thing.

When people say not to click on a suspicious link, what you're being told to do is not to visit that web address at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi miammee

Thanks for checking in with us.

We can confirm this is certainly a fraudulent SMS you have received. Our Security Team are managing this for us.

Just to add, BOI will never send you links asking you to input your banking details.

We would ask you to delete the SMS from your device if you have not done so already.

If you need any help or have provided info, please call our ROI freephone 1800946764 they are are available to you 24/7. Always feel free to check in with us here if you are unsure. We are also on Facebook and @talktoboi

Hoping the info helps,

Many thanks,

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Sorry that was my bad. I meant type in the BOi.ie URL not the dodgy one.

Never click the link is the best advice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks all, I hadn't clicked on it but since it came in the thread of other SMS from BOI and I do have an account that has very little activity, I thought I'd check it here before deleting it.

Advertisement