Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS cashless

• 13-09-2021 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭

Are any of the EBS branches cashless?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't believe so. Some of their branches used to open by appointment on Saturdays for people to meet a mortgage advisor and on those days, the branch would have been 'cashless'. But if you check their website https://offices.ebs.ie/search and list off the branches near you, none of them has 'cash office' or 'cashless' as a listed feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭horse7

Apparently Maynooth is cashless.

Also IFSC in dublin city, now i,m surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Strange that they don't mention it on the Maynooth branch page. Can't imagine what the staff get up to 10-4 Mon-Fri 🤫

This text appears in the office details for every branch....

Our nationwide branches help deliver our suite of savings, mortgage, investment, pension, daily banking

Clearly 'daily banking' doesn't always involve cash lodgements & withdrawals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Are you? The AIB one has always been cashless (or, at least for a very long time) and is still doing fine. I really can't imagine there been a need for a cash bank in the IFSC (population is predominantly young and the few small businesses would have a load of other nearby options, so wouldn't justify maintaining a cash branch). Typically, the only people who would ever have a need to call into a bank in the IFSC would be to open an account, talk about mortgage/loan etc.

• Advertisement

I didn't even know they had a branch in ifsc.

Advertisement