Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

I had a fella arrive a week late once. 25 years is just taking the piss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tibruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

oh ok thanks - and what makes him a suspect apart from the car and footprint? was there any known connection between him and Sophie?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

course it is

maybe he thought (as I did when I was 4 years old) that the only aeroplanes were Aer Lingus aeroplanes ... certainly possible 🙃

• Advertisement

He came the week before. This is not the reason she came, despite what the ever reliable netflix will tell you.

It's hard to remember the days before online booking but as far as I remember when we booked flights with a travel agent you were given a carrier name and a transfer location and gate number. Most carriers had partnerships with other airlines and you only checked your luggage in once, with the original carrier. The tickets would have the logo of the first carrier.

Are you saying her family are lying, or that she was lying to them? Can you elaborate on where you are getting this 'information'?

Josie hellen. I think she did enquire about other work to the house when she was there tbf, I'm just saying the heating myth is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

There is a youtube page called the behaviour panel.A panel of 4 body language/behavioural experts who analyze interviews from celebs to criminals.

They analyzed Baileys interview with Philip Boucher Hayes 2 months ago and completely ripped him to shreds.

Interestingly they made a point about the fact Bailey wore a bright tie to the interview which was a bad choice as it threw attention to his chest and when a person lies their heart rate will quicken something which could be picked up by the naked eye ..he wore a scarf to last nights interview..could be nothing

The whole thing is 1 hour and a half long...here are some of the points they covered.

They more or less said he is grandiose for someone who is an out of work writer,thinks he is smarter than what he is.One of them said for a poet/journalist who should be skilful in the english language he is extremely inarticulate in his answers.His response to the turkey question was he said, word salad.

Another point was his use of the word absolutely as in I absolutely did not kill her, they said it is an odd word to use.

They said there were red flags everywhere and his body language was all over the shop.

Myself personally I think his delivery of answers and his oddness is more linked to maybe high performing autism than to guilt.I think he is def on the spectrum.

• Advertisement

In her statement Agnes Thomas says she spoke to Sophie while she was in the cottage that weekend and Sophie said she was sleeping in a different bedroom than her usual one because this one had a plug in electric heater. She said she knew before she left there was problem with the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭saabsaab

What if there was a ritualistic element in this? I mean a full moon, the day after winter solstice, a book opened on a page relating to death, Multiple injuries and an over the top crushing blow by a block. No one saw or heard anything (it seems) and nobody seems to be coming forward with constructive information. What if several people were involved?

Am I reading too much Agatha Christie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I think this would have been good headlines a while ago. At a time, when Bailey didn't look so much like somebody having given in to alcohol, possibly at a time before the trial in France or shortly after that, and maybe even at a time when this particular Guard was still alive.

It would have been quite a show. After all, in Ireland it was very clear that legally he is a free man.

The only thing he would not mention is the name of the Guard and that it's a theory, not an accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,335 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If he didn't do it himself I don't get the impression he has any better idea than the rest of us who did. Just seems to be leaping round from one theory to another....

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭sekiro

Maybe. I think historically speculation on occult stuff tends to come up with not very much.

If anything people are more likely to be unfairly arrested and accused etc based on assumed occult connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭sekiro

I was thinking that with the way things would have been then compared to now that it's possible that the 24th was the earliest flight she would be able to get in the time frame. It's nearly midnight on the 22nd when she has the call with her husband and it's not clear where she had been or what had been going on that day but the conclusion of that call is that she moves her flights forward. She's found dead less than 12 hours after this. I would wonder whether or not these flights have been changed in an "I need to get out of here ASAP" way or if it was just a normal thing. It's too bad we don't have more from the husband to expand on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Is Martin O'Sullivan a liar?

I can't remember which statement it is in but someone said she had tickets to fly home for both the 23rd and the 24th so could choose whatever day suited her best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

For anyone who hasnt listened to Blindboys podcast & interview with Jim Sheridan, they really should. He calls out the Netflix documentary as fake news & lazy while also exposes Nick Forster as a complete charlatan & liar. On top of this, he makes a good point in that the gards should not be above being properly questioned when they may have gotten a case wrong as is blatantly obvious in this case. So I think anyone basing or forming their opinions based off either of those two sources really needs to have a listen to what hes got to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Imagine a person or persons known to her asking her outside for a 'ceremony'. Could she have been involved/believed in such? Then being killed not trying to escape until it was too late to cry out?

• Advertisement

He didn't expose Nick Foster as a liar. Nick clearly says he is reporting what the cameraman told Donal MacIntyre and Donal's reaction to it.

Jim Sheridan played a clip of Ian and the cameraman having a one to one recorded conversation, which is then interrupted when one of them, I think it's Ian, gets a fly or something in his eye. He finishes the clip there, or the recording was stopped, and we don't know what was said after this business with the fly.

What Nick says is that the cameraman is on the phone from Ian's house and Ian is wondering what would happen if he pleaded guilty to a crime of passion. The recording cannot be the same conversation the cameraman had with Donal because the cameraman is not on the phone on the clip Sheridan plays. The clip Sheridan plays does not prove or disprove what was being said during that phone conversation. Sheridan himself goes on to say that he actually mentioned it to a French official.

That's actually not as insane as it seems, (as far as insane theories go). It's a documented fact that she was very interested in bondage, she had worked on a program about African Bondage (whatever the feck that could even be) and had spent time that same evening with Mr Ungerer, who was very famous as a BDSM artist and practitioner, (her husband says she was very 'taken' with him, taken is in quotes even in the article whatever that means), and they had agreed to work on a project together. Add it all together with this vision of the White Lady, the death poem, and her murder being almost totally unsolvable, (dna and hair in her hands were her own), and that angle shouldn't be instantly ruled out.

Are you thick or something? Ive told you at least two times already to stop engaging and quoting my posts. You obviously have nothing better to do.

I think Jim Sheridan has a better idea than you about what happened & hes not the type of individual to lie unnecessarily and make an enemy of someone.

I don't take instructions on what I can and can't discuss or reply to on this thread unless it's from a moderator.

African bondage is usually mentioned when discussing slavery, child labour etc.

We both agreed before to ignore each others posts, you just cant help inserting yourself into every conversation about this case on this thread painting the same picture again & again that Bailey must have done it. I dont want a moron like you commenting on any of my posts, now run off to the moderator like a good little boy

Yes, but I don't get the impression that was her interest there. Could be a translation thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Could be left in the door as a means of fire escape

I do this myself

Maybe she left the key in the lock for extra security. Especially if she thought someone had gotten into the house before. With her key in the lock you couldn’t get a key in from the outside. That kind of lock doesn’t seem to be the type that needed a key to open from the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tibruit

You get very agitated when confronted by facts that contradict your agenda. I think MoonUnit is far more au fait with the intricacies of the case than Jim Sheridan. How do you know Sheridan so well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement