Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DH Gate issue

Options
  • 14-09-2021 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I bought an item (Liverpool Jersey) in the last week of July which I have not received yet, so when I tracked it last week it came up ‘We could not deliver your post. We will try to return to sender’. I investigated it further by attempting to contact the seller with no avail my messages have not being even open nor is it allowing me to request a refund, I even contacted the Dublin Mail Centre and provided the tracking number which can not be found, isn’t there something unusual about this and should I just wait to see what happens?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

An post are doing this to lots of deliveries from outside the EU. I’ve had the same issue with another Chinese website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Tippman24

I work for a business that uses An Post for registered post items. Over the last while the tracking facility has left a lot of issues. The particular items are only being logged onto the track/trace facility at the time of delivery rather than when it goes into the system.

i

This is almost the same as items getting lost in the post except it goes back to the sender 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If you bought a liverpool jersey from China, it is near 100% certain it was fake and probably returned for that reason. Usually stuff like that gets destroyed by customs.

The other issue is proper description and taric code was not on it and returned for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

I bought a jersey in July which was delivered to Ireland in early August and has taken 6 weeks to be returned to China. The issue is the wrong Taric code. The supplier is going to fix the issue and send the item again. Hopefully, an post will do better second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd say just forget about it and order another one. They are so cheap anyway. We have ordered 5 or 6 different ones over the years and no problems.

Thanks for the replies lads will just wait and see I am waiting on a call back from the mail centre, I called them to look into it since I have log proof that they did indeed receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Guys, there have been recent changes to importing goods from outside the EU (effective since 1st July). Many small/poorly managed retailers from outside the EU (and even some within the EU!) have not updated their shipping processes to accommodate this. The blame lies entirely with the retailer, not An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I've seen on Instagram where someone shipped a lot of stuff home as her family were moving back from New York - due to the issue with the An Post scanner its all being shipped back to NY even though she is now moved back to Ireland - very frustrating. Some followers messaged back and said they had the same issue.

Just checked and there's another thread here on it: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058200515/an-post-returning-packages-from-outside-the-eu-see-1st-post

• Advertisement
Advertisement