Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I said it in the other thread, unless you're happy to waste a lot of money iPhones have transitioned to a 2 or 3 year cycle now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Looking forward to the new watch later, like the new green, hopefully they announce cellular before it's released.

I say every year i'm not getting the new phone, but no doubt i'll be all over it like a rash this Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I am overdue an upgrade so would have been buying anyway but still think this is a solid upgrade if just for the storage/battery life increase and camera improvements. Buying a new phone every year was always a waste of money imo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've the 11 since launch. I'm due an upgrade but I'm going to go direct this time and look for a cheap 5g plan. Eir seem to do a decent one for €20 pm Sim Only.

Are these the cheapest 5g plans out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

When you go to the site and look at the trade in option. Its says iPhone 12 Pro max "up to 610 euros" to trade in. Then you select iPhone 12 Pro max and then it says "Your iPhone may be worth up to €485" what's that bollocks about? I mean it just said up to 610?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭drogon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has the iPhone XX Pro always started at 1179 euro? Sounds like the price has increased? I thought it was 999eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah, that’s been the price since the iPhone X was introduced. They split the line-up into Pro/Non-Pro but they’ve had the high-end priced at that since the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm really surprised they haven't released a camera at this point. They could remove everything non camera related from it (maybe leave the phone stuff for data transfer, but lose stuff like podcasts/music etc, increase the size of the case/screen/lenses & have a professional grade camera for film makers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Ive a 11 pro max since it came out and due an upgrade , might do what others are doing , but direct off apple and get €20 a month plan and save myself €40 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Disappointing year from Apple in my opinion. Ios15 was/is a let down.

was fully intending upgrading my S4 watch based upon (stupidly) the leaked re design images. I don’t believe the s7 has anything worth upgrading for.

at best I might use my Vodafone upgrade and grab a 12 pro if they still have in stock, even at that I’m very happy with the XR.

all in all a let down I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Disappointing to see the days of Apple being innovative are long gone

The IPhone 13 looks identical to the 12

What a spectacular set of announcements," said Apple's Tim Cook

No Tim far from it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I done that a few years back. Transitioned to buying direct from the iPhone X and stuck with sim only plans. Went from eir to gomo and currently on 48 at €7.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

12 Pro Max owner here and I really don’t see any point in upgrading to the equivalent 13 model. Although my battery being at 97% is irking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disappointing all around nothing really to entice me to upgrade this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

All in all, some nice quality of life improvements (like Promotion) but it's a "stretch" to update from a 11 pro (what I currently have), iPhones really are a 3 year update cycle now and at €1200~ base price they need to be. Great if it's your year to upgrade and you're upgrading from a X/XS or lower. An iPhone now really is a mature product, there's not much more they can add to truly innovate (yes under screen finger print and under display cameras, but they're too immature for Apple's standards).

It strikes me more of an "S" year more than anything but Apple keeping the whole numbers as sales drop off on "S" years, "Shure why would I buy the 12S, the 13 will be better" mentality.

It looks like the 14 will bring the refresh that people want.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Edit. answered.

"available this autumn".

My guess would be late October, any later and their missing Christmas sales.

So the ipad mini was priced at $499 which is €420 , but as per usual we get raped by apple.ie

€570 there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

13 Pro max works out at €794 with trade in of 12 pro max in perfect condition. Shocking deal really. Get €700 for for the 12 PM in CEX and then buy the 13 PM for €1300 direct. Save €200 quid…

As an aside, I thought they might have something like reverse wireless charging for the Apple Watch and AirPods. Disappointed that never happened. I think I’d charge my watch every day using the phone if I could.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Keep the 11 pro max for another year, save the 40 a month and between what you save and what you get for selling your 11 pro max next you will likely have ~1/2 the cost of upgrade already, maybe more.

You'll also notice the upgrade much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well done!! Every year someone brings up this point and every year it has to be pointed out that the US price does not include sales tax.

although comparing it to serious sexual assault is a new one unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

What are ye all going to pre order on Friday? I ‘m going to pre order the 13 pro max 1TB in Graphite replacing the 12 pro max. Just ordered an Otterbox case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Before the event I was planning on upgrading from a Series 4 watch, but the update was minor so I’m not going to bother now.

I am considering the 13 Pro, picked up a 12 last year with the intention of seeing if ProMotion came this year. I’d be really upgrading for that feature mostly. The 12 is going solid though, 94% battery and barely a scratch. I’ll decide between now and Friday, doesn’t seem to much hype around this years releases though. I’d imagine supplies will be good for pre-order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You’re doing well on 97%. Mine has fallen to 89% after 11 months use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will be upgrading from an XS.

Looking at it, I may just stick with a 12 or 12 pro rather than the 13. Not much of a difference between the 2 on first glance...

• Advertisement

12 pro has been discontinued, so you'll need to buy from a non-apple.com source and do it before goes out of stock.

Advertisement