Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Is Strange: True Colors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Enjoy TPP!

Nice little feature from the devs, of fine across an interesting our memorable moment, you can ask them on Twitter using a hashtag and they'll let you know the dev responsible. I thinks that's just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Interesting that ACG has this at 5-6 hours to finish while IGN said 14 and Prima said 10. Looks like each of the 5 chapters is about 2 hours long which sounds good to me. LiS 2 felt like chapters 2 and 3 overstayed their welcome and hurt the game in the long run.

Picking this up at lunch from Gamestop, they seem to have a few copies left where as Argos are sold out. At least the PS4 version has a PS5 upgrade if it comes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Picked up my preorder from Gamestop. Comes with an empty steelbook case, plus the normal case which has the game in. Tempting to sell the steelbook on its own since I'm not really a collector

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Took a stroll out in the autumn sunshine to get the game. Cider is chilling in the fridge, wireless headset is all charged up and my console is waiting for the disc to be installed.

Enjoy the game folks, because I am.

• Advertisement

Loving it. Still on Chapter 1 but totally absorbed into this little town with already some tricky decisions to make. Quite proud of winning the jukebox game :) Also the arcade games are quite addictive. Alex is such a well written and acted character, can't wait to get stuck into more.

I'm loving the music in the game.

I'm actually jealous TPP, I would love to just sit down with this and not get up until it's cleared. After the first meeting with Steph, I already can't wait for the dlc. I'm so glad this is getting good recognition from the critics. Deck Nine were written off as a B studio working a fan prequel for LiS but Before the Storm is on par for LiS 1 for me. Pity most comments in social media are writing off the game because you have the 'power of empathy' but that's social media for you i guess.

Took me 2h 40mins to complete the first chapter. My plan is to play a chapter every day.

Deluxe upgrade showing up on the store now for 13quid. Might be only way to play the wavelengths dlc if you've just bought the base version of main game

• Advertisement

Yupp, basically 3 euro more than buying the digital deluxe edition but only option for people who bought physical copies.

2 chapters in and loving this so far. The emotions you feel are probably the strongest I can remember from any game, and I include the original LiS in that. Characters are excellent, and the music (as always in this series) brilliantly adds to the atmosphere.

I didn't win the jukebox challenge but I am foosball champion :-)

Just finished chapter 3, Jesus I love this game. Couldn't stop playing since the start of the chapter, had to finish it! One of the main decisions has me truly nervous for what's coming up. Its actually refreshing to see so many 50/50 decisions in the stats at the end. In LiS 2, most people were choosing the same options, this is way more divisive which is a great thing.

Half way through the chapter, i got a green screen and and my PS5 shutdown. Had to repair storage when i rebooted it, thought it was bricked there for a minute. Not being able to finish this was more of a worry than not having a ps5..

As for the stats, one in particular is a bit strange. It's saying my playthrough is at 0% while the other possibility is at 100%. Spoilers below just about that stat..

Riley found out about Eleanor's dementia - 0%. I have no idea how she found out about it yet but it looks like something i did/didn't do affected it. Will probably find out about it soon anyway.

I did help her that day, Jesus what a fantastic use of her powers :( Eleanor even made a point of thanking me multiple times for that day. It's weird because i thought then when i talked to Riley at the bar, i would get an option to spill the beans and i had been thinking what will I do but the option never came up. I must have missed something but i can't Google it in fear of spoilers :).

Actually, I've made it a point to click on absolutely everything i can. I remember giving up on LiS 2. I'd see a Look option and think 'i don't care what his thoughts on that are', i just wanted to get through it but with this, I want to know absolutely everything!

Finished the game a few days ago. Played chapter four and five back to back as it was something I had to do.

Ah I just read the chapter specific discussion on reddit and same happened to a lot of other people. It looks like she found out because I didn't tell her about Gabe, I didn't want to bring her down any further but maybe I should have reminded her. Theory is that Riley finds out in the background as she brings it up and Eleanor doesn't remember.

Aw I was grinning like an eejit all the way through

Alex & Steph > Max & Chloe. There, I said it!

Official youtube channel released this Lo-Fi is Strange: True Colors and my workday just got 1000% more enjoyable.

Just finished, yupp, Magical is indeed the word. Absolutely loved it. Now to wait 2 weeks for Steph's story :)

Ending chat below..

So i got everyone to side with me except Eleanor. I'm not 100% but i think it was down to not reminding her Gabe had died which may have led to Riley finding out about it on her own and taking that major decision away from you. Didn't like how she didn't show up to the bus at then even though every scene before it, bar the vote, she couldn't have been nicer with me.

Yeah, decided to hit the road with Steph. Felt like I already got the Stay ending just with Gabe giving me the flash forward and it was perfect, time to see the other side. Disappointed, it had nothing to do with the postcard destination, where's my Ocean trip damn it!

Felt really bad when it showed Ryan on the rooftop alone :(

It was a much better game than 2 but 2 handled the long game way better. The account of endings and variations that had was amazing. I really wanted to hear one of Alex's original songs like she had been jotting in her journal.

Anyway, i can't wait to play the DLC in 2 weeks. Alex and Steph are on par with Max and Chloe as the series best characters, didn't think they could ever be matched. Sad it's over now.

So Ep3 done. Have to say, disappointed me a bit, way below the (very high) standards of the first two episodes, in particular the 'game' you are playing for the majority of the episode was very meh, not my cuppa tea at all, I just couldn't wait for it to end.

Having said that it did pick up again in the last 20 mins which sets things up nicely, I hope, for the last 2 eps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Strange that I have no drive to buy this.

I remember playing the first one and thinking "This is absolutely cringeworthy" after the first episode but at the end I was like "That was absolutely cringeworthy....but I loved it." LiS2 didn't grab me either. I think I was only into Max, Chloe, the Rachel mystery and the brilliant soundtrack.

Done and dusted. Ep4 was brilliant, possibly the best of any LiS game. Couldn't resist diving straight into 5 then, was just so immersed into the story, happy enough with the ending I got too. Some cracking characters in this game, didn't think I'd like Alex that much from the trailers but she's written and played fantasticly well, Steph not far behind, and Jed was well done too. The highlights for me in this series (which was just as evident here in TC) always come when they link the story seamlessly with a banging tune, it really does give that magically feeling of you drifting into the world they've created.

Overall, highly recommend, especially if you've ever played one of the series before so you know the type of gameplay/experience to expect. As said before, i did find ep3 a slow burner (which would stop me putting it on game of year pedestal) but the payoff that followed is well worth it.

Thought ep 3 was one of the best of the whole LiS series. I'm not into LARP or D&D but Life is Stange has managed to completely absorb me into it. Same as Before the Storm, Steph runs a D&D game that is optional to take part in and it's absolutely brilliant. Steph was so good on this, I'm looking forward to my replay of BtS and LiS 1 when the remasters release next year.

It's great how different folks can get different things from the episodes, more credit to the devs for that. I found ep3 of LiS2 one of the better ones of that game, but most didn't like it, different strokes for different folks.

I won't bother with the remasters as only played the originals in the past year, but looking forward to Wavelenghts DLC

Fully agree how great it is that they can make a scene or chapter that garners such opposite opinions. HA, ep 3 of LiS 2 is my least favourite of the series :D

I felt LiS 2 went on too long but even though TC had a good length, I could have easily done with another chapter or 2. Felt like the ending could have been fleshed out more as well looking back at it. LiS 2's endings were so incredible, in comparison and set the bar imo.

Advertisement