Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes, with these rumours and CL / EL games. Any moves I'm gonna make won't be until Friday. I have a few quid ITB so price drops and rises won't kill any of my planned moves.

Toney to Bamford is the plan. But could change if Liverpool players etc pick up any knocks.

So unless money is very tight, anyone who can hold off on transfers, do!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Moneys tight so done before prices gone up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Likely Richarlison but would also expect Rondon to get decent minutes with DCL out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Edit: wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Gallaghers stats are very good so I think he can keep going and have a good season. I'm not convinced by Gray, he's done really well so far but he's scored all 3 of his shots so can't see him keeping pace with Gallagher. He's still decent value though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

3 red flags means my first minus 4 coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Second guessing this & no thinking of reverting to my previous doubts of Ronaldo. Could go with a -8 and get

Ronaldo, Hwang & Doucoure or Gallagher.

Out will be the 2 boys & Greenwood.

Is anyone familiar with Hwang? Didn’t he score v Liverpool (but so did Miniamino). Wasn’t he more of a goal scorer than Minamino. My only concerns are that Wolves are a bit stacked with Jimi, Traore, Trincao & Podence. He was bought on loan too. However on his side is the fact that he scored. None of the other 4 scored this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ve been thinking about whether to get Jimi or Bamford for DCL, excited about neither. Jimi doesn’t seem to be the same player although Wolves are creating the chances. Leeds seem to be having second season syndrome, not sure I want any part of them.

I listened to FMLFPL yesterday, they made the case for Pukki and it kinda made sense, great fixtures, focal point of the attack, even if they get hammered they can nick a goal and his goal involvement stats will be huge at the end of the season. Lower risk at 5.9.

Im very tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah followed him for a while as a West Ham fan, we were linked with him a lot before he went with Leipzig. At that stage he'd been banging them in for Salsburg (including as you say CL V Liverpool. He was a complete flop In Germany though, 0 goals in 23 appearances for them. And that's the Bundesliga that made Sebastian Haller and Timo Werner look like prime Cristiano Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Yep same looking at Jimenez/Bamford, Bamford nearly chipped keeper from 40m last match and is moving well, Jimenez had some lovely flicks but agree he's not the player he was 2 years ago, I'd still go with Bamford for another couple of games, Leeds have good run too and look to change if Leeds dont pick up. Pukki can be very seasonal with his goals

• Advertisement

Harsh to call that on Leeds at this point. Their results so far have gone exactly as I'd imagined.

Lost V United (a)

Draw v Everton (h)

Draw v Burnley (a)

Lost v Liverpool (h)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

In the middle of a WC, debating between Torres or Raphinha

Raphinha.... If picking Bamford then maybe that Leeds coverage could be enough but I just hate depending on Pep roulette. Torres has 2 X 90 mins games and 2 X 60th mins games.... He won't see the 90th min mark a much as Raphinha. And 0.7 cheaper which is huge in FPL this season to get to the premium assets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Depends what you want the transfer for really, is this short term or long term?

I'd be inclined to go with Raphinha, even with his blanks of late. He has nicer fixtures over the next 3 fixtures IMO, and even over next 6 maybe. Raphinha is more nailed for a start, especially with CL games back now for Man City so increased rotation. Let's see if Torres starts tonight or will Mahrez come back in or KDB etc. Torres' 2 fixtures after Southampton are tricky, but then turn for 3 good fixtures again.

Now that Struijk's 3 game ban has been upheld, it sounds like Ayling will be moving to CB with Shakelton coming into the RB role for Leeds, and this may have an affect on Raphinha's output and something else to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Its more the manner of the defeats, I listened on Sunday and it sounded like Liverpool should have scored with every attack. I know that doesn't necessarily mean bad things for Leeds attack but I'm just not convinced yet.

Same for Raphina, I brought in Saka as a one week punt with the plan to move onto Raphina, I'll be holding off on that now, Saka looked really good v Norwich, very unlucky not to have a decent score. So I'd have no question that its Torres over Raphina.

Thanks for that! However I can Accept a one season off for any striker - loads of examples.

However based on your advice it’s possibly a cause of wait & see.

I wouldn’t be concerned with Leeds defence when looking at the Leeds attackers. Allison ended up with 2 bonus & save point so that tells me Leeds where not without there chances.

its still early stages in the league so we are still second guessing on these mid table/bottom half teams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think this Leeds team will always score goals, they are very gung ho. They have started poorly, and it's true that a more accurate reflection of the Liverpool match might have been 5-1 or so. They have defensive injuries now. I would be targetting them as a potentially fruitful fixture for big teams. But I also think that they will create chances and that Raphina at 6.5, when you look at his returns last season, is still a very good pick up, especially with their upcoming fixtures.

So I would avoid their defence, I would target their fixtures, but I wouldn't be allergic to their attacking assets. Raphinha looks a good switch from Benrhama for example. Bamford perhaps looks a bit overpriced (especially if trying to fit in premiums on a WC) but I do expect him to return and if he's fit I can see him as being a logical switch from DCL or Antonio for those not on a WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im on the fence as well weather to go from DCL to Bamford or Jiminez. Jiminez stats are very good and it should just be a matter of time before he scores becasue he has been involved a fair bit. Bamford probably the safer bet though. Will wait till the pressers anyway to see if theres anything in those Bamford injury rumours, its seems to be all coming from that clip of him just off camera saying to some Leeds staff 'my hamstring is pinging'. It was right after the game so he could just mean he was running hard a lot and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is it too early for a -8? Happy enough with my team expect the 3 forwards, Toney/Antonio/DCL. Lukuaku is the best option I feel, will only get Ronaldo by selling Bruno.

A DCL to Bamford and move on Toney the week after and hold Antonio

B DCL/Antonio to Bamford/Jiminez -4

C Toney/Antonio/DCL to Lukaku/Pukki/Hwang -8

• Advertisement

Torres starting tonight..... You'd like to see him get a "rest" if planning on getting him in to be honest.

Torres starts: "He looks like he needs a rest and might be dropped"

Torres doesn't start: "He's not rotation proof, he might be dropped"

I saw the exact opposite comments on Twitter last night when Greenwood was benched/rested

Jesus might be worth a shot after being rested last night & Pep been on Mahrez’s case all game.

Jesus came on & got his goal.

I might go with Jesus & Jimi for the -4 & give Bamford the swerve. Still undecided!!

The alternative could be to avoid the -4, play Duffy and give it another week til we have more info.

Go DCL & pick 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Had originally pencilled in a -4 to get Jota and semedo/James/ for son and tsimikas but now I'm second guessing Jota he isn't exactly firing at the moment is he? Don't fancy playing pep roulette now that they have all players back so I'm considering son and perica out for bamford and saka/sarr but they feel a bit punty.

Alternative is just move son on and play coufal with no bench playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

You can make a case for A and B depending on how the rest of your team is set up for this week, but C looks dreadful to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Torn between Jesus and Bamford. Think I'll hold Antonio as he's only missing one game but gonna ditch Ings. Leaning towards Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Fairly happy with my team.

Could do:

1 - Lukaku to Jesus/Bamford for a one/two week punt.

Or

2 - Digne to a Wolves defender.

2 is more logical, 1 is more fun.

I've gone for Bamford as my DCL replacement. Lovely fixtures, and have Torres already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

1 makes no sense when the spurs back line is in tatters, Lukaku could easily score one or two goals in that game

2 most obvious. Digne is not worth the money in that Everton defense - even if they look like keeping a CS there is always pickford and mistake behind him.

Advertisement