Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZFGpNdH1A

There you go, men only cafe's in France. Native women told to cover up, not wear make up etc. Mainstream source too.

it's been played here before.

we have laws against discrimination. What else would you suggest?

Of course, I have watched videos like this about certain northern English cities, which completely fabricate the actual on the ground experiences.

No idea why you've interjected here. I was directly responding to someone who asked to see evidence of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Take a break Klaz, and come back revigorated. Boards needs your input, your well reasoned arguments and intrepretation of events which have had and will continue to affect Ireland, expecially in the area of the so called "Benefits of Multiculture".

Enjoy the break, its well deserved.

Sorry to see you go. One of the most reasoned and better posters on Boards. Completely understandable though, can see a lot more sane posters leaving. Boards only have themselves to blame.

• Advertisement

Bubblypop, you can make all the laws you want, and for sure there's enough of them,,, now getting people to obey them is another thing. We have had plenty of laws for lockdown during Covid, yet 130 Muslims decided to break them in favour of their religious law, Ramadan when they attended a function in Blackpitts Mosque. And I'm pretty sure that was not the only Mosque where Ramadan services were held either. When push comes to shove, practising Muslims will always obey Sharia over local laws.And as for your dismissal of what is actually happening on the ground in northern English cities and French suburbs as as a complete fabrication, I'd take that with more than a grain of salt. The very fact that its happening at all, in any measure indicates a problem...and its one which the Laws are unable ( or more likely, unwilling ) to solve. Which in itself indicates a problem like what happened with the Pakistani heritage grooming gangs in Rochdale, Telford, Oxford etc. Where fear of being taggd "Racist" allowed these gangs to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

This happpened here in Ireland.

Ali Selim issued a list of requests/demands:

"Estimating that of approximately 65,000 Muslims in Ireland today as many as 20,000 would be in the under-18 school-going age, he relates difficulties these young people face when it comes to admission to schools, as well as their problems with PE classes, relationship and sexuality education, music and drama classes, and practice of their faith during school hours."

Can you imagine if I landed into Iran or Saudi Arabia, and started requesting that they change their school practices!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im sure there are laws against decapitating teachers or running them into hiding and yet it has happened in Europe. We dont owe anything to anybody not in the EU, surely any migration to Ireland should be selective? , I have no problem with middle/professional class muslims coming here, doctors nurses etc. but we shouldnt invite problems in either.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Man you and wibbs are 2 of the best posters on current affairs, just ignore the like of tell me how, i used to engage with him/her on American politics but apparently im a trumpist for not supporting every single democrat legislation, continue posting and just ignore the ones you have mentioned who debate like children. My boards experience much better since i put certain posters on ignore. Them posters are so tunnel visioned, there is no point engaging or bringing reasoned arguments, They ignore all data instead their emotion of a subject is all that matters.

Agreed 100%, A lot of these posters that you mentioned just want to goad and trigger you into a ban when you don't agree with them.

• Advertisement

Yes, there are a lot of laws and a lot of people who break them

Makes no difference to me or anyone what religion the criminal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

sure there is a single religion that's pushing people into serious and violent criminal acts but it's no different from the other religions that are the same except that they don't.

Even when his religion demands that he / she break them?? When Christians could not attend church funerals, weddings, christening's etc, except in very limited Nrs? due to the laws of the land? Yet 130 Muslims choose to attend their Ramadam ceremonys? And that was in just one Mosque. And when the same situation crops up again, having to choose between the law of the land and their religious laws, guess which laws they will obey??? Muslims ( at least the practicing ones ) will always but Sharia Law before what they consider to be man made laws.

How many people attended the funeral for Garda Colm Harkin? Which, I have no issue with.

How many travellers attended funerals and weddings over lockdowns?

I don't care what anyones religion tells them to do, if they break the law, they break the law. I'm not sure why you are making excuses for that.

Because Islam is much more than a religion, its a political force too, with its own laws. And thats what makes it different to other law-breakers. Ali Selim has stated what needs to be changed in schools etc to facillitate the Islamic way of life,,,,,,,so we must change to suit them? Does that include our Laws too? Because Bubblypop, the more their Nrs increase, the more their demands will too. Democracy will be the death of democracy. But if we were to even attempt the same kind of "infiltration" ( for want if a better word ) in an Islamic country, we would not get very far, and thats a fact. The bottom line is, Islamic Culture is not compatible with western Culture.

No we don't have to change to suit them. And not all Muslims believe the same.things, as you well know.

There's no need for people in Ireland to be afraid of Muslims.

Except gay people, who should be wary of the majority of Muslims

I've already said in an earlier post on this thread, that I'm not afraid of Muslims here in Ireland,,,yet,,,,but abroad its a different matter. And I've experience times ( many of them ) when it was prudent to be very afraid of them. Especially when they plant bombs outside building in the the street where you live, and a heavily armed suicide bomber destroys the local supermarket, the one you regularly shop in. I never said that all Muslims believe in or engage in this kind of behaviour. But its more than enough that some of them do, yet they all follow the same quran. Whats the betting that the changes Ali Selim wants will not be given to him, even if not immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,558 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

We literally had a mens only Golf Club in Ireland right up until recently....

Lots of people in the world are dangerous.

lots of people commit terrorist offences. Including plenty of our own.

if you were female, you would find that you need to be wary of all men, believe it or not. Not that I believe women walk around in a state of fear, I certainly dont. but unfortunately, that's life.

I don't believe there is any need for fear of hundreds of thousands of Muslims marching into Ireland and turning it into Saudi Arabia. Absolutely no reason to think it would happen. It hasn't happened anywhere else, despite what posters here would have us believe!

• Advertisement

That is from 7 years ago. Is there any evidence of radical change having been brought in?

It's interesting because the types of things he was asking don't too disimilar to how the Catholic church ruled Irish schools up until not so long ago. Klaz was lamenting the loss of Irish culture (I think) maybe the change in practices within education were some of the things he was talking about. Them aside, I'm willing to bet there's still some Irish catholics who would read that and not think there was some merit to the piety proposed. If one of them was to make a similar announcement, would we immediately consider every Irish person, or every member of the catholic church wanting the same things?

Yes, and there was once upon a time a mens only section at the 40 foot, but like the Men only Golf club. it went the way of the dodo. However, in 1'400 years, Islam has not changed its attitude to women, and I don't think that its about to change now either, and especially in matters of mixing of the sexe's.

It went the way of the dodo because of legislation.

the same legislation that still exists in this country.

It doesn't matter what Islam says about it.

It's interesting because the types of things he was asking don't too disimilar to how the Catholic church ruled Irish schools up until not so long ago

Way more interesting is the cognitive dissonance that leads to condemning these things as bigoted when they are proposed by the Catholics and defending them as proper multiculturalism when they are proposed by the Muslims.

Ireland just managed to shed a lot of the hardline Catholic influence, how are you not concerned about this new even more radical influence?

No Bubblypop, neither do I think that hundreds of thousands of Muslims are going to march into Ireland and turn it into another Saudi Arabia. Thats not how its done. They work from within, and slowly, slowly make small changes until over time, they become a force to be reckoned with. The establish their own enclaves etc. This is already happening in European Cities. Sure, I can underrstand a womens fear of men. In an Islamic Country, with women only having a fraction of mens rights, that fear would be quadrupled. Two friends of mine, both Syrian refugees who took advantage of Frau Merkels invitation to come to Germany, were telling me how it was working out. They were placed in large gymnasiums, which were divided into sleeping / personal areas, screened off with plastic sheeting mounted on poles. Private conversation was impossible was, so they both heard their neighbours nightly discussions, (And they were each in different locations btw) What they were hearing frightened them both so much that they pretended not to understand Arabic in case they would be killed. It was all Jihad, Jihad, Jihad, death and destruction to the unbelievers, and enemies of Islam. And Bubblypop, these people are now dispersed throughout the EU.

I have no doubt Jim.

Literally because we shed the hardline catholic influence.

We shouldn't replace it with something worse.

We're not going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

That's a pity, a good poster willing to engage and tease out issues lost due to bad faith arguments of others.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

Advertisement