Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Watch4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For the classic tap the top of the watch for the tap payments. Got confused a few times and tried taping the face of the watch ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just picked this up. Leaving behind my old fossil watch. It's not bad but not as fast as it could be and overly glitchy sometimes. Hopefully this is much more fluid than that older unit.

Didnt fancy the classic styling so went with normal 44mm one. Only thing the classic offers me is the protection. Having cracked screen protectors on the fossil will definitely need them for this. Anyone picked up decent screen protector for theirs ? Ordered mine from Samsung so will be waiting for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I received the Mastercard today.

It's a virtual card and has an expiry date of 09/2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just got below is it Master card and not a Google play voucher?

The activation link to redeem your Google Play voucher code is on its way to you in a separate email

Please follow the activation link to redeem your Virtual Prepaid Mastercard®. You'll be taken to our secure site, where you'll be asked to enter your unique secret code (found below), confirm your address, date of birth, and accept Mastercard's Product Terms to download your code.

It seems to be a virtual card that you should be able to use anywhere that accepts Mastercard.

I redeemed the card there and as far as I can see it's not linked to Google Play.

Just received an email to redeem my €85 Mastercard voucher

Then another email about redeeming a Google play store voucher

Must be a mistake

ok clicked on the links and now got a Virtual Card for €85 along with digital token

Can this be added to Google Pay or how do they work in your standard bricks and mortar shop as it states

Note that physical retail locations may elect not to accept your Virtual Card at their discretion.

It can't be added to Google pay and can only be used for online purchases

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got the €85 mastercard as well, burning a hole in my digital wallet as we speak, can't figure out what to use it on :-D I did try to load it into my Revolut account without success, just have to buy myself something nice I guess

Yeah think it only works on online payments

Bought myself a Xmas Jumper (yes I knw it's only September) and might get a Munster top too. Thanks Samsung

• Advertisement

Yeah was onto them asked about physical card, not possible.Asked about TRF to revolute not possible.Also I can't top it up

Not sure if any retail shop will take it.Also not sure if buying anything online with value > €85 if I can split payment between 2 card's

Still better than nothing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Register it for Amazon and if you have prime pick up a load of smaller things, I'm going to try Paddy Power later and then xfer it to Revolut. It's free money so I'm not going to complain

I tried to register mine with Amazon and it was declined.

Also tried to lodge the money to Bet 365 and it doesn't work.

I'll get a use for it somewhere .

Edit: Tried Amazon again and my order went through.

Post edited by yabadabado on

So can't be trf to revolut still trying to figure out what to buy or wait until issue with Transferring to Bank possible

I'm a lot happier having €85 card to us online than just having €85 Play Credit, I don't think I'd ever use that, saying that I might link it to my Play Account see if my Nest sub comes off it or something.

Tried to add money on Revolut no joy going to try and see if I can buy a giftcard with it so at least i can add to it

Watch running fine and answered first call on it today and clear as day sound

Any good watch faces out there that anyone is using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

Just got hold of mine. Went with the Galaxy watch 44mm green band . Didn't fancy the classic design. First impressions. Band is smooth and great fit. Very clean blend into watch face. Just setting up Google pay and health bits. Adding watch update currently 303mb. Must be substantial..

Update done took about ten mins start to finish.

The raise to wake on this absolutely smashes my old Fossil that went before it. Makes it so usable. Have to calibrate the blood pressure I believe need to compare off a blood pressure arm thing.

Post edited by listermint on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Id be very interested in how you get on with the blood pressure. You need 3 tests on a regular machine and 3 on the watch. I haven't been able to get more than 2 on the watch at any given time.

• Advertisement

Seems to be working similar to blood pressure machine from what I can see. Similar accuracy.

Ordered these same time as ordering watch. Just arrived today. Perfect like for like over the screen. Good feedback . Looks exactly the same as before fitting. Would recommend.

SPGUARD Screen Protector Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 44 mm Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Pack of 3) [2.5D, 9H Hardness] Anti-Scratch, High Clear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 44 mm https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09B6TBM95/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glc_i_8HDJR682XW2ZHRX49HJ6

i needed similar for the fossil watch as knocked it off lots of stuff over the years. These saved the face.

One thing I'm not sure or confident of is notifications working well. I don't seem to be consistently getting vibrations for them. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with the watch. Seems less accurate for notifications than fossil watch was. WhatsApp for example. It's like when I look at the watch there is a notification but never got an alert or vibrate for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What is the calorie burn and heart rate monitoring like?

I've a fitbit charge 2 and during workouts it'll go from saying I'm at 160bpm to 90 or nothing at all and then back in the space of a minute.

Not sure. Would have to train first. Only got it yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Has anyone found a silver band for the Classic 46mm?

Samsung don't do official metal straps for their watches so I usually have to buy 3rd party ones on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Just received another software update on my GW4

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭EletricMan

Anyone complete this? I'm looking to get the stuff working on a OnePlus phone. Do you need to use a pc for it?

I only have Samsung devices so I can't answer your question directly, sorry. I will say that the battery life on the Watch 4 is a lot better than the previous generation, I'm getting almost 2 full days (approx 6am day 1 to 10pm day 2) on 1 charge whereas before you'd be dead half way through the second day.

I've no idea about other galaxy ones but I've never gone to sleep from a 7am start with the watch below 60 percent at midnight. It's generally 65 plus. And that's with me dicking around with all the sensor measuring doo das it during the day and a 40 minute or more run somewhere in there.

Very happy with it so far. Just used my old fossil there to reset it as I'm giving it away to family member and it's an absolute dose to use. You couldn't be further away in terms of response time. I know it's not really a fair comparison between Fossil Sport 43mm and this but it shows what two years as changed.

The response time in this one compared to last years model is light years. I'm very happy with it, it did take a bit of getting used to dragging up to get the apps but now I can't remember the old way. Must get a few new watch faces though.

• Advertisement

Oh, meant to add earlier I was able to load my Amazon gift balance with the prepaid card, there's an offer where if you top up your balance by at least £50 you get £6 free, so I was able to get £56 for €58.58

Here's the Amazon offer Amazon.co.uk: Top Up Offer

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Using OnePlus 8 Pro, Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 and previously a Ticwatch Pro 3.

First, there are no issues whatsoever using it. Enabling the Blood Pressure and ECG with the XDA is quick and easy, I've never done any rooting or anything before and it took me about 10 minutes, no Desktop required - can be all done with Phone and Watch.

Battery is a little worse than the TicWatch (which is to be expected without the secondary low power screen) I usually get 2 days but I don't use sleep tracking, I take it off at night.

Overall highly recommend from me, I'm happy, just hope it does indeed get the Google Assistant soon. It's much nicer and faster than the TWP3, I wore it with a suit to a wedding recently and got compliments on my watch. I would never wear the TicWatch with a suit or even a formal dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

Yeah, have it working on a OnePlus 7 Pro. I used a laptop to install, but the instructions say it can be done from phone too.

It's straightforward, find the video of the guy talking you through all the files in his Google Drive folder and follow instructions he talks you through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I’m looking at this as my first smart watch . One thing I am trying to figure out : On a review someone wrote :

The use of ECG and Blood pressure monitor from the Samsung Health Monitor .One of the biggest downsides is this – the app is not available in Ireland

Could someone be kind enough to explain this . I see the “Samsung health” app in the play store . Is the   “Samsung Health Monitor” a different app which we cant get in Ireland

Anyone have any success using the speaker on the watch to listen to music using Spotify app ?

Samsung Health is available. I downloaded it from Google play store.

It may however not possibly work on non Samsung phones . Perhaps who ever wrote that review was using a non Samsung phone.

Both ECG and Blood pressure work fine. I use them daily . There is no alternate app needed.

Got this update yesterday when I checked the settings. Appears to be primarily update to bezel response on non classic watches. Rarely use that feature myself so don't know if it has done anything.

My own sole gripe with the watch still remains the notification such as what's app on a Samsung device. Is anyone's whats app notifications triggering vibration? If not did you manage to solve a solution fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

TBH....the notifications vibration is a wee bit on the slight side for me and I've missed more than a few, compared to the Watch3 certainly. Might well be a measure to preserve battery life, which is already struggling with all features enabled, but I'd definitely check the vibration intensity is set to strong in the notifications just in case (but IIRC, it's already set to strong by default).

Notifications themselves aren't the issue for me, the watch is picking up on all those enabled, but it could use a stronger nudge. Might also be worth going into the custom notification settings for whatever app in the Wearable App and setting a different vibration style etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭feargantae

The Samsung Health Monitor app is available in Ireland. You just need to be using a Samsung phone and download from the Galaxy Store. It's not available on Google Play or non Samsung phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Ahh ok , I must have a proper look at the Galaxy store .Once the ECG and Blood pressure works through the app then its well worth it .

The watch face selection is quite **** atm

Unfortunately you need to pay for some of the good ones. No way will I pay

I like the Digital Neon. Not for everyone but gives me everything I need. K don't enjoy a busy face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

for watch face, try marine commander. i bought the premium but free has full access except a demo mode wording appearing on the face

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bosenko.watchface.marinecommander

I'm going to try that I think, I've a €5 Google Play voucher so that's handy, thanks BArra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone with the LTE version figure out a way to load up a data plan from a different operator yet? Pretty frustrating that no Irish operators have the option. We seem to be the only country in Europe without that feature

Any watch faces that cost 49 cent?

Have that much left off my €85 card ha

I've got 4g working through a global esim now. Can't share my number but can take the watch out without my phone and still get WhatsApp etc. Paying 6 dollars for 1GB for a 30 days. There's definitely cheaper/better ways of doing it that I'm looking into. Would be great if the Irish networks got off their arses and provided us with the option.

I see the Samsung Browser is available in the app store now. Wouldn't attempt to navigate the new boards or anything on it, but handy in a pinch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭EletricMan

Anyone know how to get the detailed sleep analyst? I don't have a Samsung phone, I have unlocked the blood pressure and ECG, but see no option of more details on steps sleep etc

Advertisement