Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

My app looks to removed my car and is asking to add it again by going into car with both keys and selecting a few things on car menu.

its saying I’ll be able to lock and unlock the car with the app and stream internet radio.

I also have to verity my ID to use the app lock/unlock function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

My car did another minor update this morning OTA, took only a couple of minutes, no noticeable changes 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Car has apparently arrived on the boat this morning, dealer wont know for sure for a day or so, anyone know what the process is once the car arrives in Port ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

ive been told it could be up to 2 weeks after it arrives at the port before the dealer gets it.

How did you find out yours was on the boat?

My dealer wasnt sure but said he didnt think mine was on the one that docked this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Dealer said that it def missed the last boat, but was assured it was on the one that just docked this morning. Said wouldn't know for sure for a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The dealer does know, if he knew how or where to look. It seems to me from reading these ID3/4 threads that a lot of you are dealing with salesmen who are less than useful, that's putting it mildly.

If your car was on the Patara, it would be on their internal system, which is linked directly to the factory (NADIN), to this effect since last Friday. The status would say "Departed port of shipment". If the status on that system still has it at a step prior to that, then it didn't board the boat, its as simple as that.

There's not likely to be another boat again for at least another ~10 days. The Patara and Panara alternate the route from Emden to here.

If it was on the boat, then it does take 1-2 days to clear customs and then its a case of how long it takes NVD to put it on a transporter and get it to your dealer. A week - 10 days is what I'd say is typical.

This is what the dealer would see on his system. It would be flagged at being at one of these stages:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Cheers for that. The vagueness of the responses from the dealers either means they are completely clueless or no full well where the car is and instead of being honest are playing the fool to keep you off their back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Might have been the maps or something

There's also a small update before the big one, it's to do with fixing some of the update issues that got reported early on

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

There seems to be 2 screens the dealership can see for the cars progress, one shows something vague like "internal transfer" and the other JoeA3s screen with more detail

I was getting the vague answer until I sent a screenshot like the above to the salesman and asked where it is on that, afterwards I got the detailed version

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jonerp

Is there any way of checking the battery degradation? I see the Leaf has the SOH bars. Maybe It’s a bit early to be thinking about this but it’s coming up on 6 months and mileage is16500k already. I do charge within guidelines albeit I probably top up to 80% too often. It would be useful to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I can only charge with the granny cable at the minute, and for next few months. If the car is down to 100km range, and I charge overnight to say 220km. Am I ok to charge again the next night to 340km? Or should I run down again from 220km. Want to do what's best for maintaining the battery.

That’s it. There’s actually several screens / tabs in it. One of them even details specifics on what is holding the particular car up. I sat next to my dealer when he was tabbing through it one afternoon. I could see it state for several cars that car X was waiting on semi conductors. But the screen you really want to see is the one which shows you which stage of the following 27 steps your car is at! It seems many dealers are unwilling / unable / unaware of how to share this info with a customer.

Essentially you’re hoping your car gets to step 19-20 below ASAP. Once it’s there you are on the home straight and you should see the car within a couple of weeks from that point.

1. Customer Contract Date

2. Order Entry Dealer System 

3. Order Entry 

4.. Order Registration IFA l

5. Buildability Check 

6. SGW Rebooking 

7. Current SGW Determination 

8. Allocation of Production Plant 

9. Handover to Production 

10. Start Body Shell Shop

11. End Body Shell Shop

12. Start Paint Shop

13. End Paint Shop

14. Start Final Assembly

15. Checkpoint 8 Handover to Sales 

16. Start Service Shop

17. End Service Shop

18. Exit Production Plant 

19. Arrival Port of Shipment 

20. Departure Port of Shipment 

21. Departure Last Port of Transit

22. Arrival at Port of Destination 

23. Departure from Port of Destination 

24. Arrival at Final Destination 

25. Departure From Final Destination

26. Arrival at Dealer

27. Delivery to Customer

Best thing to do is keep the battery between 20% and 80% just like it says in the manual. No issues with charging 2 nights in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Just downloaded the WeCharge app, looks good and no issues with the download process.

Still waiting for 2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Is there any way of seeing your driving stats (principally kWh/100km) to date? Because of that stupid bloody touchscreen I managed to 'zero' the long term data yesterday.....at 9999km!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

Same here, I thought we needed 2.3 to get the We Charge app but I guess not

Doesn't seem to be, I'm pretty sure the data is there somewhere but it isn't accessible. I'm guessing they'll add it to the app at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

So this is a new app downloaded directly by car? I guess it downloads/installs randomly on its own like the other updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

You get a message to say there's a software update, this time you have to "leave" the car for 5 minutes to allow it to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dealer says my car is "importer transport". Anyone know what that means.

You need the more detailed breakdown (as per my screenshots earlier in this thread). It means its in transport, but thats too vague to say exactly where. I would say likely en route from factory to Emden.

Is there any VW sales folk who can see where my id.3 is if I give then the VIN ? please PM me.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Got the app update today. It's got dark mode, correct colour of my car, and a revamp of air conditioning. Removed the overhead view of the seats etc, and just gives a left/right option of where to heat/cool when the air conditioning is on. Lazy.

No new features though.

Are you on iOS? Android app isn't showing any updates since 6th August

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got an update on my P30 Pro on Thursday night. Just manually check the play store.

Just checked there and nothing, I'm on a OnePlus 3T running Android 9, maybe it's not supported anymore 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It doesn't say what version of Android is required but 9 isn't that old so you'd imagine you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

How long does it take to charge the ID4 (the one with the biggest battery pack, 77kwh?) if charging at home on a regular single phase supply with a wall charger.

would that be an 11kw charger for the house?

would you get from 10% charge to 100% charge on night rate if you needed the use of the car the next morning at 06.30?

thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

generally you’ll only ever get a max of 7.4kwh as you are limited to 32Amps and a single one phase

so about 10.5 hours. But you’ll seldom charge from Empty

Advertisement