Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm sensor swap to new door\frame

Options
  • 14-09-2021 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello

I have a HKC alarm system, wired. I need to replace the front door frame and hence need to remove the break and open sensors (see below) temporarily. Can I just exclude the front door zone, remove from frame and door and then reattached to new frame and door when done and reenable the zone or is it more complicated.

I guess I could just take it off and reinstall after work done and just reset the fault too but just checking that I wont mess something up..Ta

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Remove cover from Junction box.

Follow the cables from the contact.

Removed cabled connecting contact and twist together, thiscwill close zone.

Forward number if you wish and I will explain more.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Perfect thanks

Just for clarity, I'll want to re-instate this after the frame has been replaced, so can I just remove the contacts and junction box "as a whole" and replace appropriately after frame replaced.

Will forward no for call at weekend of suits?

Will

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

People are unreasonably nice on here at times. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, if you open the junction box and remove from frame, same with contact and magnet then you can just close up the junction box and tape the magnet and contact together to close the zone. The alarm should go into tamper indicated by keypad beeping. using your user code will stop this but just wait till you have the sensors removed and closed to turn off.

If you plan on using the alarm while work is in place then if you have a PIR in hall area then this will go into alarm once you come into the hall if alarm is set. It will allow you walk out the front door if set up for access.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Excellent, I'm told all the work will be done in one day so can reverse the above and get it back in all intact hopefully.

Won't need to activate alarm while frame being replaced

Thanks again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Advertisement