Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating Eir Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 16-09-2021 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have 4G mobile broadband from Eir for the last 11.5 months and the 12 months contract is coming to an end.

I want to terminate the contract (once it's 12 months). Do I need to contact them or just go to their store with the equipment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

You signed / agreed to a contract.

That contract has terms and conditions.

In those terms and conditions is the cancellation policy.

That's where your answer is.

And it's not a 12 month contract. It's a 12 month "minimum" contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You absolutely have to contact them. Its very painless.

You almost certainly own the equipment outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Contacting Eir to cancel "painless"!

Having a tooth out without an injection would be far less painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Landline / wired broadband - torture

Anything ex-Meteor - staff can't wait to see the back of you usually, that would include this product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks all.

I will visit the store next week that's when 12-month "minimum" period will be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

you will most likely see that there is a 30 days notice period. So I'd be going in now to do the cancellation as it won't take effect until 17th Oct if you went in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Eir will want their equipment back and will charge you if you don't return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

I bet they tell you that you have to call a number to cancel, they won't do it in store. Then the fun begins. IF you ever get through they will tell you they have cancelled but you'll be lucky, each time you call it gets more painful. I truly hope it goes ok for you.

Anyone got the phone number handy to cancel the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭Shoog

Bare in mind there are none of the Mobile Broadband services which are any good. They took on loads of new customers with cheap deals and they are so conjested that they now offer speeds which are little better than landline. Ours went from a consistent 10-15mb/s to a consistent 1-5mb/s. They also throttle your download speeds. Don't fall for the "You need a new Modem" as this will lock you into a fresh contract.

What seems to have happened is that they are cashing in before everyone switches to the National Broadband scheme, so they are not investing in new infrastructure to cope with all their new customers. Whats really terrible is that the regulator is letting them get away with treating their customers like ****.

Shoog

• Advertisement

I got Siro Broadband from Vodafone now so I don't need them anymore. It was good to have them for a while as we moved into a new built estate and there wasn't any wired internet service for 8-9 months.

Update : I visited the Eir store where I got the 4G broadband. They were able to cancel my contract but as sometime posted already they need 30-day notice so I will be paying for an extra 3 weeks and that too at a higher price! (discount price was only for first 12-months).

I have been told that i can keep the Huawei 4G Router B818. I am wondering if their routers are unlocked? If yes, then I can sell it. New ones are around €300.

Advertisement