Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The email took ten minutes or so to land for me. Couldn't access the order page for ages either, the website is getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hcoben111

Anyone else order the 13 pro max ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

It was a nightmare! Constant gateway errors. Eventually after 25 mins got through but delivery pushed back to 4-11 oct.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Email has arrived with same dates. iPhone 4 128GB Sierra Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Looks like I managed to get 3 iPhone 13 Pro orders though, and all I wanted was one. I’ve 3 emails, the order page shows two orders, one paid for, the other ‘Awaiting Payment’. I’ll check it out later and see can I cancel then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got an error message with my first order saying I had 3 in my bag. Said I was only able to order 1 at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They new models are up on Vodafone now.

Offering me an iPhone 13 128GB for €399 on a €40p/m contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Got my order in using the app at 13:02 for delivery on the 24th (silver pro, 256gb) - very painless. Have had similar problems as above when using the website, so I think the app is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I went for the pro max as well, just €100 in the difference with the same storage space and the extra screen space will be nice. :)

• Advertisement

That's the price they're offering me for an upgrade.

When it went live I checked and there was nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I went for a black 256gb iPhone Pro. My last two iPhones have been Maxes but to be honest, I think I'm over the larger size.

I regularly find it annoying that I have to switch grips with one hand to hit the back button in safari - I just can't get past the intuitive feeling that all parts of a phone screen should be reachable with one thumb when you're holding it in one hand. Hopefully I'll still feel that way when it arrives.

Delivery date is Sept 24th, so that's nice.

I was able to cancel one of my accidental orders earlier.

It was the buggiest buying experience I’ve ever had. Took 22 minutes, ended up receiving 3 emails for orders with separate order numbers. Apples page only lists two orders though. Constant errors, Apple Pay failed. Login failed.

But even with all that, still managed to get a launch day delivery time. Maybe not too popular this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ordered there an hour ago on Vodafone. Their website still shows delivery for 24th but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s later than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Ordered a 13 Pro Sierra Blue at 13:05. It has changed to preparing for dispatch now.

I'm tempted to get AppleCare+. I’ve never had it before, and thankfully have never broken a screen or back despite going caseless. I’m hoping to keep this Pro for a few years (used to upgrade most years) so thought it might be worthwhile.

How far after ordering can you buy apple care?

You can add it up to 60 days after delivery of your device.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm surprised to see so many people having issues ordering.

I ordered from the bathroom, in work, on 2 bars of 3G at 13:07! :)

256gb Sierra Blue Pro Max.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Was able to order a 13 for launch day delivery easily enough though the site was clearly struggling.

I am interested to see what the colours are like in-person. I ordered the midnight which seems to be slightly blue rather than black or space gray.

shipping notices must be going out today?

I've seen a few unboxing videos but not much else so far.

Probably won’t ship until tomorrow. My last few orders from Apple direct have shipped the evening before and they alway arrive next day by UPS or DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ordered a 13 in blue off three as an upgrade , no idea when i will have it , are phone companies usually quick at receiving apple stock ?

For me, they usually ship around 1pm the day before. But to be honest, they are usually already on their way, I think it’s when it hits a certain location it gets actually marked as shipped and you can track.

An hour earlier than I expected, but just got an sms letting me know it has shipped. 😀

Just got mine. Wasnt due until the 27th.

Wonder will I get it tomorrow?

Still saying the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Yep, I got the shipping info. Should be here tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Checked earlier and no tracking was available, seems to be updated for me. Delivered by UPS.

Advertisement