Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ederson wasn’t released by City so must be a different lad in goals

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not on a wildcard. On a -4 to make those two changes so Ings will have to sit for this weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A lot of Brazilian players will not be allowed play this weekend in the PL, except Richarlison who will be.

I think it's Ederson, Alisson, Fabinho, Fred, Thiago Silva, Gabriel Jesus & Raphinha who can't play this week. Firmino probably wouldn't have anyways cos of injury.

I see Ronaldo is top 20 in ownership now at 17.5% - and he hasn't play a game yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Getting a bit close to the deadline for my liking, looks more likely that it doesn't get resolved at this stage

yeah will be interesting to see what happens. Im only effected by Raphinha and can weather him missing one GW. But given theres another international break in October and then another in November this scenario could play out again for those breaks. The problem then is all south American players might go because they know if they dont its a 5 day ban. They'll still have to quarantine on return so will miss the next GW regardless if they go or not. That could be problematic and you'd have to factor into your thinking for transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is there any appeal happening or its just gonna be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any word on the Brazilian lads?

BBC were reporting that some clubs were going to ignore the ban - but that could lead to all sorts of issues - for clubs and for players alike.

If a player was banned by FIFA and plays and gets injured, the insurance companies may not pay out.

If a player plays and the other team complains - do they automatically get the points?

Are there any other possible sanctions against a club or even the FA/PL that FIFA could take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone know where on the desktop site you can find out how much you paid for a player? The player info just gives their current price. Im trying to work out if I bought DCL for 8.0 or 8.1 but his info just shows me 8.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

In the transfers tab under 'List View'. It will show their current price, your selling price and your purchase price.

Thanks Scorpion, found it and I bought DCL for 8.1 so suppose it doesnt matter if he drops from 8.2 back down to 8.1. I'll be selling him anyway but just wanted to figure out if I need to do it quick but I dont as theres no profit to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looking at the goalkeeper expected goals prevented stat. It tries to measure on target shots from both where the shot was taken and the quality of the shot and compares this to how many goals a goalkeeper conceded.

It picked up on a couple of keepers getting dropped last year though they regained their positions not long after. More interesting than guaranteed.

The only keepers scoring very well in xg prevented so far are Lloris (+2.5) Mendy (+2.2) and Allison (+2.2). Mendy is particularly good here because he is making more saves than the other two and getting clean sheets too. One negative is he is seeing a lot of shots from inside his box. Any drop of form in him and could Chelsea be exposed? The only positive sub 5m keeper is Martin of Brentford (0.3).

At the bad end as they are conceding more than expected from the shots they've faced are..

Krul (-3.8)

Meslier (-2.5)

Pope (-2.4)

Bachmann (-2.1)

Woodman (-1.8)

I cant imagine Meslier or Pope being dropped. Woodman was always dodgy for keeping his spot. So be interesting to see if Krul or Bachmann come under any pressure if they don't improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

That’s good to see on Bachman. I got foster in on wildcard as he could end up as a 4 mill playing keeper

Still a bit to go this weekend obviously, but there are very few in form midfield players really that you can rely on other than say Salah, Pogba/Greenwood

Everyone else has either gone off the boil or has just shown glimpses, like based on 4/5 GW's what midfield player under 7.5m are actually performing and returning and isn't a rotation issue - Grey perhaps? Norwich next at home is probably as good as it gets really.

Grealish/Torres are either rotating risk, or return big in 1 game and then nothing.

Jota has 3 blanks in a row and doesn't play 90 mins

Raphinha is playing with some sort of injury

Seems to be more and more players throwing up a big score and then AWOL in next few games.

Two GW's post WC, and safe to say that Dallas has not worked out given he's now playing RB for Leeds due to injuries - but i can't see anyone worthwhile bringing in for him Neves was also a bit punty, but expected more from Wolves, Nuno going and Jiminez not the player he was.

What are people's thoughts? If you have Jota, do you just keep him cause there is no else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Don't have Jota but he is still getting most of the game in a very advanced position for a team playing fairly well. He still has two goals in five games after the three blank weeks so it would be fairly typical of FPL if he scores as soon as you sell him. He is more like a centre forward position wise from what I could see in the game today but even playing there is not going to mean a goal or more every week. Already done my transfers for this week (I hope) due to price changes but if I was looking to get in a midfielder I would be considering Odegaard or Sarr who both scored today. They also have done well in previous games as well so I'd hope can get good points again but not sure any 7.5mill midfielder is never going to go a few games without getting some attacking return.

There isnt really a lot around in that price bracket that is performing consistently. Perhaps Gray, he blanked today but was lively and had a few chances and he plays Norwich next. Im holding Raphina for as long as possible and hoping this injury isnt serious, I think for 6.5m he offers terrific value in an attacking Leeds team where a lot of play goes through him. Sarr also cant be overlooked, again it seems with Watford that if anything good happens he will likely be involved.

For Jota owners theres a right dilemma, he missed an empty net today and also should have scored in the last game. A mate owns him and was raging with him today at another blank where he really should have returned. I think if you own him though its too kneejerky to get rid of him before he plays Brentford, provided of course there isnt news on Firmino coming back. But I can see why some people will sell him. Who to go to though, Greenwood looks great but Cavani & Rashford are going to need minutes and then Uniteds fixtures get tougher in two weeks anyway. I own Greenwood and have that problem with him but right now I havent a clue who I would replace him with. I have considered Grealish but really dont want to go there unless its unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Midfield is definitely the tough position to pick right now.

I have Salah, Raphinha, Jota and Trincao. Jota hasn’t returned in two weeks but he should have so im not disappointed with my choice of him but obviously the end result is annoying. Raphinha is a hold for me even if out for a week. Not sure what to think if it’s longer. Trincao is probably on a weeks probation. Wolves don’t seem to have much end product.

Im going to stick my neck out on Conor Gallagher and say he will be the budget midfielder of the masses this season. Very attacking, on set peices, passes the eye test and good underlying stats even with a game less than most others.

• Advertisement

Yea so my field is Salah, Saka, Dallas, Neves and Gilmour

Happy to keep Salah, Saka and Gilmour.

Dallas is currently playing RB due to injuries so he's an issue, and i picked Neves cause he was cheap while everyone went for the 6.0 wolves options. I think i need to get rid of one of them - probably Dallas, but it's who do i go for. I have 2 FT so i could get Grey (as he's playing Norwich next) in and someone else like Gallagher maybe. hmm we'll see how tomorrow goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Gallagher is getting very advanced every time I see them. I've Gray at the moment but tempted to get Gallagher too to fund Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

Was thinking earlier that the drop in traffic on the match day threads (and boards in general) seems quite evident now. This seasons GW5 thread has had 7.5k views/363 comments. The same gamweek last season had 21.9k views and ~200 more comments.

This seasons GW4 had 261 comments/6.1k views VS last seasons GW4 thread that had 874 comments/32.8k views.

I suppose its directly related to the site update and I suppose plenty use reddit more now as well as its more active. Kinda sad to see but what can ya do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Emile Smith Rowe looked good for Arsenal from the highlights. Odegaard scored from a free kick but ESR had a lot more shots and got into advanced positions more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Would many of the old main contributors be on Reddit now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone know what the story with Nacho is? Played well last season and had a decent rest in the summer. Could he be brought back in to try improve things after a rocky start for Leicester?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah Gallagher is really passing the eye test for me, on set pieces as well and could have a return or two yesterday too if Palace's finishing was better. Think he'll be my Jota replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Last year was the year when gameweeks were drawn out forever so probably a bit bigger than usual. But I agree, the transfer threads used to be longer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

That goes for all the whole site, it was damaged by the shut down and how bad the new version was, in fairness it is usable now again, still more improvement needed, if anything the fantasy football was one of the forums least affected as the game wasn't live when the issues were worst, I miss the forums followed for example, you have to follow each gameweek /captain /transfers now.

• Advertisement

Yea i find the new site is terrible - the search function seems to be broken. I now only use FF forum. some may say "if it's not broke, why fix it",

Also is there a way to view from where you left off, i seem to be only able to get to the latest post, or else click the page i want, which is pain.

Advertisement