Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Much improved episode this week I thought. Last few have been weak but I do still love this show.

The Cold War between Axe and Chuck is over, with the opening shots fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

5 seasons and Chuck is still playing the Axe drum! Could they not come up with anything else?

I have gotten through all my shows I watch all year, then the shows that I say I must come back to and currently on the shows I have forgotten about. I rather wish I missed this one, binged the 6 episodes available and there has been one or two moments of wow but fairly lacklustre more so.

For me, Taylors one dimensional character is just getting annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

5 seasons and Chuck is still playing the Axe drum! Could they not come up with anything else?

I have gotten through all my shows I watch all year, then the shows that I say I must come back to and currently on the shows I have forgotten about. I rather wish I missed this one, binged the 6 episodes available and there has been one or two moments of wow but fairly lacklustre more so.

For me, Taylors one dimensional character is just getting annoying!

Chuck vs Axe IS the show. They're essentially 2 sides of the same coin with Wendy being the bond between them.
    When it's been done right, it's been incredibly good to watch.

Taylor I agree with you on but the part has thankfully been significantly dialled back this season after last year's unsuccessful attempt to make the character a main part.

There's not many shows that are still in their prime after 5 seasons but I still look forward to it every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Chuck vs Axe IS the show.

This is true but every show needs to develop. Its essentially 5 years, Chuck must be some sh1t AG if he still can't get Axe! ;);)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The throw away episodes are starting to annoying me, the whole art thing came up and was "fixed" very quickly, now it'll be the next thing and the next and the next, there used to be an overarching storyline/storylines that I really enjoyed now it's just a weekly show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The show should end at season 6 with chuck and Axe getting married. The whole show is clearly about them being hot for each other. They have both left their wives, the path is clear for them to be together, maybe they could retire from city life and get a nice rustic place together upstate ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think it's all be tee'd up for Chuck begging Axe to get a kidney for his father and then Chuck and/or Axe going to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭robwen

Has this not been on last few weeks, is it a covid 19 victim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

robwen wrote: »
    Has this not been on last few weeks, is it a covid 19 victim?
    Yeah, they had to stop production - https://www.newsweek.com/billions-season-5-part-2-release-date-midseason-air-date-2021-showtime-1510458

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Watched episode 7 last night. This season has been absolute rubbish and in typical Billions fashion it ended with Axe declaring war on his enemy. The 2nd half would want to seriously improve to save this, there is just absolutely nothing happening. I was in stitches though with the doctor scene (Lewis from Suits) though, just a funny guy to even look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for Season 6, Promotes Corey Stoll to Series Regular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Hope they wrap it up with that.
    Finish it before they completely ruin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Any news on when they will show the remaining episodes from the current season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Any news on when they will show the remaining episodes from the current season?
    From here
    Deadline wrote:
    The renewal comes as the financial thriller has not yet returned to production for its final five episodes of season five, which were interrupted by the COVID-19 production shutdown. Season five launched on Showtime at the start of May with a seven-episode run through to June. The network hopes that the remaining five episodes will air in 2021 with season six to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

5th season starts on Sky Atlantic on Wednesday October 21st at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭antimatterx

About time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

About time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping I'll rediscover the excitement of the early seasons again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've forgotten who's aligned with who at this stage, what they're fighting about and generally what the hell was going on in this series.

I'll need the first episode recap to do a lot of heavy lifting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭andyduefrine

Billions returns September 5th.

looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

They shouldn't have released half a season last year. Anyway, hopeful it'll be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

First episode back, underwhelming imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm going to watch it tonight, I heard the writing improved from what we had during the first half of season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Paul Giamatti is barely recognisable since the restart. Seems to have lost half his body weight, lost the goatee and looks ten years older. 😲

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was wondering about that and whether I'd just forgotten that he looked like that in the earlier episodes. Was he sick or something?

Not sure. I just think he intentionally lost a lot of weight but he looks quite frail and unhealthy now.

Yeah obviously he had some to lose but the way he is now doesn't suit him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Actually enjoying this season, seems a return to form- two billionaires messing with each other.

Wonder where they're going to go with Axe's seemingly increasing obsession with Wendy? Couldn't imagine that given all she knows about his neuroses it'll be reciprocated. Also I'm bored with Taylor and their bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Watched last nights episode. This season seems to be getting worse each episode. The ending was nearly comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BandMember

I don't get these comments to be honest, I actually think he looks a lot healthier now. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it's getting increasingly ridiculous and I'm tired of Taylor and her gang or supernerds.

*of supernerds. This new forum is terrible. Can't even edit or multi-quote posts. 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

To edit, I only use mobile site but if you are on that you click the cog at top right of your post and it allows edit for up to 24 hours.

the latest episode had a vision quest movie reference fairly obscure… and they recreated the entire scene from “Big Night” with the eggs which seemed strange/not earned……. And the colour of money reference.

They have really gone all in with the movie references.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

What the actual **** was that.. Lol! Absolute garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I enjoy this show but wouldn't say I like it in that its just all too samey.

First 2 series were quality and should have stopped there. There just seems to be too many people jumping sides with no real end results.

I have a feeling this is all going to end very underwhelmingly with a ride off into the sunset type finish which will just be hollow and not in keeping with the characters.

I'll still watch every episode though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I cannot deal with the never-ending barrage of metaphors either.. Talk about overkill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I haven't seen big night but I had a feeling the egg scene was a homage to something. It was a nice scene but too original to be something created by the writers of Billions.

Anyway the show is really running on fumes at the moment, needs to be wrapped up. I'll still keep watching as I'm sure there's some more ridiculous twists coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Their riff on hanged , drawn and quartered was factually incorrect , hanged till not quite dead , innards drawn out and burned in front of the victim and then quartered is the actual procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

Not enjoying the new episodes really.

The setup by Chuck just seems so contrived and unnatural. I hope they don't try and put Axe and Wendy together. I'm not sure what they are trying to do with Taylor at all.

The show has always had its flaws but I've always found it enjoyable and entertaining up to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Alicano

Very underwhelming season. It's not really going anywhere. What was the point of that Tanner guy? They've stopped using Taylor in any significant way. WTF was that egg scene about?? Ridiculous, way out of style for the show and added nothing to the episode. Could see the Wendy/Axl thing coming since S1E2!! Very lazy writing. I love Wags and he's probably what keeps us watching. I get tired of a character getting 3 mins of momentum until they're stabbed in the back yet again or blackmailed.. It's old hat at this stage. I have always thought they under use Chuck's sidekick Kate. She has way more to offer than just the odd line or two. Defo needs to wrapped up. Someone needs to die! hahah.. I'll still watch it though. #TeamChuck 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rubbish Rubbish. Just cancel it

I liked that episode… so many characters and I wasn’t sure what was going on… but it finished strong… finally a bit of tension

also is Axe meant to be a the hero of the show… I really want to see Chuck and his crew go up in flames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

It was strange seeing Axe saying he hadn't a clue what to do.

• Advertisement

I didn't think there was supposed to be goodies and baddies in this that it changes from week to week almost. There was a thing early on that Chuck used an iPhone and Axe used Android and that was a sign that Chuck was the good guy because Apple didn't allow baddies use their products but I think that has changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

just watched episode 11, it’s all much of the same every series

Taylor’s character does **** all anymore and should have been written out once they were exposed as a double crosser

signing contracts without doing due diligence is a ridiculous play, lawyers check everything to protect big guys like axe and there’s usually a fall guy or person

I hope it’s Taylor and Chuck gets his balls roasted for the set up

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭degzs

I agree it feels the same as the pervious series.

This has jumped the shark big time, on way hand having Bobby isolated away from the main group is good but it all seems very "forced", Bobby really wanted a bank, fair enough but surely he'd have came up with a way of getting funds into it, $1.3 billion is a huge amount of money but this is a guy worth over $10 billion, surely he'd have some mates who would park the money? Then for Bobby to just accept Mike Prince's word without doing his due diligence, nah too much of a stretch, having his security guy be in the room above the conference room where Prince was meeting his daughters who discussed exactly what they were going to do, again, forcing it. Finally, Dollar Bill has been seen to be the man who knows everything about everything, especially shadey stuff, Axe tasked him with looking into everything weed related and he missed FYC's illegal stuff, I don't buy it, he'd have found that out straight away

Don't get me wrong I'll keep watching the show, it's my Sunday treat now, pair of headphones and watch it on the tablet while relaxing but its no way as compelling as it used to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement