Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I'm hopefull that it might change not planning on travelling till next year, I wonder would it be possible to get a vaccine they regonise.

It be interesting to see if they allow people with AZ in to the country eventually, Or will people who receive the AZ try and get a vaccine that will allow entry into the US.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Worst case, you could get the jansen 1 shot to satisfy US vaccination status.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I have an Irish Passport and am visiting the UK for just a few days in Sep, probably staying mostly in a hotel. Do I definitely need a Passenger Locator Form to return home to Ireland and if so, how do I fill it in as I'm not brilliant with online forms on a mobile? Sorry if I'm being dim, but i can't seem to find all the info I want online. Can I fill it in before I leave for UK? I am double vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Hi,

This is the form just scroll down to start I would suggest you fill out a few just as a dummy run, just put in the flight number of the flight you are returning on and it will work. You will then know what to do a day or two before you return.

Its pretty straightforward...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mr PC heading off with RA next week, I’ve uploaded his vaccine cert, so I need to load the passenger locator form can anyone advise? Thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hiya, yes I know I've to fill it in 4 days before travel, just trying to figure out do I need to upload it onto the ryanair site with the covid certs? thanks.

• Advertisement

The confirmation will be attached to email so you can save where you please.

I am starting to print the documents again as its easer to have 3 + passport pages than be fidgeting around with apps at check-in and arrivals.

Well be better for me anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi all, any rumours of if or when the USA might allow entry again?

Was hoping to travel mid November this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

Hi - I am flying RyanAir from Shannon to Gatwick this week. My read of the UK government rules is that I dont need to complete any COVID documentation or bring anything other than my passport to go to UK - is that right?

For the return to Ireland, my vaccine passport & a passenger locator form are needed. Again - is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Anyone know if they have sorted out the security queues at DUB yet? Got a 7am FR flight on Friday morning to Liverpool. Have read about the chaos recently looking for a bit of guidance.

Is 5.30am time enough for arriving at airport? Hand luggage and covid certs on phones. I believe we don't need anything else

Cheers all.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Hi all,

I'm flying from DUB next weekend and its my first time flying with Lufthansa. I'll be bringing a checked bag so do I check in on the app and drop my bag of at the desk or do I do both at the desk? The app will only let you check in online from 23 hours prior to departure.

I've never used the self service bag drops either if that's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

There's no self-service bag drop for Lufthansa in Dublin. You can check in online, but I don't think you have to since you can only get a boarding pass at the check-in desk once they've seen your Covid cert/negative test cert. Give yourself plenty of time, I had to queue for 55 minutes a few weeks ago when two Lufthansa flights and one Swiss flight were handled at the same desks.

The passenger locator to travel Republic via NI is confusing or i may be doing something wrong.

When we get to the point of onward travel to Republic the options are as below.

Your travel plans

What are your travel plans?

I plan to:

Stay in the UK.

Travel to the UK more than once within 48 hours, for example as a haulier or crew member.

Change flights in the UK within 24 hours, without going through UK border control.

Any advise appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭x567

Sounds similar to the transiting through UK to Ireland rules. IIRC, you opt to ‘stay in the UK’ and then when it asks the next question about the day two PCR test you have a drop down option to claim exemption as you’re in transit to Ireland. Not obvious, but it worked for us going through LGW to a DUB flight.

Can you remember the option you clicked on or do you type something in...

I am stuck on this point... i will need next Month if there is not changes..

Many thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Economics101

I'm flying to Portugal on Oct 15th and my wife is flying out to join me on Oct 23rd. She doesn't have a smartphone (completely phobic!). Boarding pass and Covid Vaccination cert are on paper, so no problem. However there is a Portuguese passenger locator form which is basically online: they email you back with a Qr code etc. Can she fill in a paper form at the airport? I will print off the locator form for her to fill in.

She can't be the only visitor to Portugal with no smart phone! Any suggestions?

You can print out the email they send you with the code

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

As Dublin Airport departures seems to be getting busier by the week does anyone know if Q Park have any intention of reopening?

I think the easiest thing to do is you or someone fill in her details and any email address located around where she is... an email will be sent by return with attched doc that can be printed by someone who in Ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Smallglass

i'm travelling from Kerry Airport to DUB and onwards to Edinburgh.Do I have to exit in Dublin and go through security again for onwards flight.No bags,Ryanair flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Anyone know what UAL & AA are like to fly internally within the US, Would they be the same as EI/FR regarding catering seating etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seating more like EI. Usually free soft drinks and possibly some tiny snacks. Purchased food is now generally unavailable except on much longer flights, that may change back to a more FR like setup (but keeping the freebies) when we're more adapted to living with COVID.

Basically, eat in the airport.

Both of them have extensive regional jet operations and some tiny 50 seaters which are rather uncomfortable, particularly the Bombardier ones (actually their 76 seaters can be nasty too) and which are sometimes used on ridiculously long flights for RJs.

Most mainline services have some form of free IFE, often an app that uses onboard WiFi but sometimes seatback screens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hi, question, i'm flying to the states next march. and I'm taking an internal flight from new york to Chicago. do I need to get a PCR test while I'm in new york?

• Advertisement

I'm hopefully going be doing the same and the tour operator has informed me that you only need a PCR going to the US.

Advertisement