Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

And here we have hot off the press, published yesterday, updated vaccine protection rates and deaths compared to unvaccinated people since the Delta strain became dominant in the US

Unvaccinated Americans have died at 11 times the rate of those fully vaccinated since the delta variant became the dominant strain, indicate surveillance data gathered over the summer by the US Centers for Disease Control.

These figures represent declines in crude efficacy, for all vaccine types combined, from 94% to 91% for death, 92% to 90% for hospital admissions, and 91% to 78% for infection.

So unvaccinated people are still accounting for the vast amount of deaths, even since Delta became the dominant strain in the US

For every 12 people dying of Covid in the US since Delta has become the dominant strain in the third week end of June 2021, 11 of them or 92 % of them are unvaccinated

So many completely preventable deaths, given even yesterday the 16th of September there were 1,871 Covid deaths recorded in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

So glad this country is more than progressive, has a greater level of intelligence, and it less politicised. Totally preventable deaths over in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

I am also glad but also somewhat surprised, given the amount of not so intelligent comments you see on social media. Empty vessels make the most noise maybe...or maybe it's all Russian bots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Joe would most likely have had the same outcome without any medication at all. The virus has a 99% survival rate and he is fit as a fiddle.

In the US, of those who have been vaccinated proportionally more are older people

so as a result proportionally more younger people are dying now as more are unvaccinated

In one week of 27 August 2021 in Florida - 400 people between the ages of 40 and 59 died of Covid

Florida reported 1,727 Covid-19 deaths in its latest weekly report, the most since the state has been issuing the reports. 

People between 40 and 59 years old accounted for about 23% of the deaths, compared with 11% cumulatively during the entire pandemic.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/florida-covid-death-report-hits-record-younger-residents-die

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Missing the point completely!

You keep repeating that monoclonal antibodies are an expensive exclusive only to millionaires. That's BS

Treatment to cure Covid and thus avoid hospitalizations are widely available. Florida is now offering monoclonal antibodies free of charge to all people who have been infected

I didn't miss the point.

you said that it cost $450 when that is miles off when you combine both drug and administration cost.

It costs over a hundred times more than the vaccine cost.

I said the cost that you had was arseways.

Which it is. I never said that it's "exclusive to millionaires". I said that it would be a high cost to bear.

Florida is currently battling a huge Covid surge due to one of the lowest vaccination rates of any state and with every 11 of 12 deaths due to Covid coming in the unvaccinated in the US is desperate to try to reduce deaths.

The government is paying here, it's not "free".

And yet again again like your $450 reading comprehension issue you've got the information wrong. Florida is not offering the treatment to everyone. It's offering it to people considered "high risk" who have become infected.

Joe Rogan if he was living in Florida would still have to pay for it himself.

Anyone over 12 considered "high risk" because of conditions like diabetes, obesity, pregnancy and others is eligible.

But it still has to be be paid for. And only available to those deemed "high risk". Certainly not "all people who have been infected" like you said

There is a now a shortage of the treatment product currently. So even those "high risk" people won't all get it.

In the face of a shortage of the treatment, the Biden administration has changed its allocation system, and some states are objecting to the reduced shipments.

The Biden administration said on 9 September it would increase shipments of the treatment from 100,000 to 150,000 doses a week. Days later, the health department announced it would change the way the supply is distributed.

“They’re trying to come up with a way to make the monoclonal antibodies available, but do it in a fair way,” Plescia said

Florida isn't getting enough doses.

DeSantis spokesperson Christina Pushaw said in a statement that the state could be short as many as 41,000 doses per week because of the change.

If more of the people over in the US had actually got vaccinated then they wouldn't be suffering big Covid death figures daily where 92% or 11 of 12 of those dying are unvaccinated people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was going to give the Amanda Know episode a miss but glad I gave it a listen. She came across very well.

Increasingly becoming clear that the Ivermectin hype train has become permanently derailed for anyone possessing a rational mind.

Campaigners for the drug point to a number of scientific studies and often claim this evidence is being ignored or covered up. But a review by a group of independent scientists has cast serious doubt on that body of research.

The BBC can reveal that more than a third of 26 major trials of the drug for use on Covid have serious errors or signs of potential fraud. None of the rest show convincing evidence of ivermectin's effectiveness.

Dr Kyle Sheldrick, one of the group investigating the studies, said they had not found "a single clinical trial" claiming to show that ivermectin prevented Covid deaths that did not contain "either obvious signs of fabrication or errors so critical they invalidate the study".

Major problems included:

- The same patient data being used multiple times for supposedly different people

- Evidence that selection of patients for test groups was not random

- Numbers unlikely to occur naturally

- Percentages calculated incorrectly

- Local health bodies unaware of the studies

The scientists in the group - Dr Gideon Meyerowitz-Katz, Dr James Heathers, Dr Nick Brown and Dr Sheldrick - each have a track record of exposing dodgy science. They've been working together remotely on an informal and voluntary basis during the pandemic.

Rogan deserves plenty of criticism for platforming and outright promoting this through misinformation - certainly he was instrumental in stoking the fires and abetting the clusterfook situation where so very high numbers in the US were dying daily of Covid unvaccinated - so many deaths that should never have happened as 11 out of every 12 dying of Covid were unvaccinated.

As Ivermectin had become very much a focus-point for the anti-vax movement in the US.

It's all documented clearly here.

I was meaning to give that Amanda Knox one a listen too..

It's really weird how people are delighted with themselves now claiming that ivermectin doesn't work now because a few studies, which, let's be honest, were only started to debunk it, are debunking it..

The vaccines don't work either lads..

• Advertisement

I would have been delighted if it was shown that Ivermectin works as it's cheap but it doesn't work.

And it caused a lot of damage (especially in the US) by becoming a focus point for people claiming that it could be an alternative to getting vaccinated which unequivocally do work (vaccines) at preventing death and serious illness, reduces infection rates, reduces chances of getting long covid.

Such staggeringly obvious statistics as 11 of every 12 Covid deaths in the US since the Delta Variant became dominant there being unvaccinated people prove both the efficacy and waste of lives through misinformation and politicisation on the vaccine issue.

What's really weird is people still buying the Ivermectin hype and believing in some Big Pharma conspiracy theories etc around it because it's off-patent and cheap.

Dexamethasone  is a very cheap off-patent steroid that has been proven to be effective at helping preventing death in ill Covid patients and that is very widely used - no Big Pharma conspiracy about it. It's used because it actually works. Simple as.

This research as shown in the BBC articles is just exposing the truth of the fraud and issues found in the Ivermectin "trials" used by the FLCCC crowd etc to "prove" that it's effective.

Fair play. I wouldn't have the patience to respond to that.

I gave the Sanjay Gupta episode a listen and unexpectedly enjoyed it. I'm not interested in Covid/Vaccine discussions and the last time I saw Sanjay was about a year ago on CNN with Anderson Cooper. They had a shopping bag on a desk and were showing people how to wash their messages when they got in from a big shop.

But he was good fun and it was an enjoyable episode. He came across as less whacky than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Nice the way he exposed the lies CNN were telling about him and Gupta barely went along with it, only to stab him in the back again on Dem Lemons show...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Michael Shellenberger episode was excellent.

I have his book on climate alarmism - excellent read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Can't people be alarmed by more than issue at a time. He seemed to be saying that the opiod crisis is a bigger issue, sure fine, but maybe only in America.

Joe needs to get back to basics.

He's become very preachy, and spends a lot of time fact checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭SimpleDimple

He’s actually had a few good ones recently that didn’t get him up on his pedestal giving it about covid…

I have the the jewel one and the guy who was talking about Monsanto a listen and they were like old rogan. I don’t think he mentioned the pandemic, culture wars, wokeism, or transgender stuff once

Yeah, he's had some decent guests recently. There's not many of his podcasts where he fails to mention ivermectin or monoclonal antibodies. It's taken over from DMT.

I don't mind the "preachy" and definitely don't mint the "fact checking".

Last couple of episodes though he has been a little over board with it. But even then was fine with it.

But he had Jokko on who I like a lot and I spend the first hour and a half wondering when he was even going to let Jokko talk - and thinking he was shouting his preaching a bit like Alex Jones there for awhile. In an endless stream jumping from topic to topic and all kinds of tangents. It really was like Alex Jones.

Not like Joe at all who is usually very good at letting his guest talk. Even the ones he does not like so much. But this episode was made up of Jokko theatrically sighing and groaning along with Joe's rants.

Settled down after about an hour and a half and got to hear some Jokko. But only barely. But I hope this is not a permanent change in Joe and is only temporary as he would be undoing one of the main things that actually makes his show good.

Or maybe there actually is something in that drink Jokko brought along to tout. :) And it just sent Joe on an energy driven tirade.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the ones I catch I've noticed he's on a kinda Alex Jones flow (invite a guest and just bang on about something). That "something" being commercially driven news stations.

I listened to the Jewel episode, someone I knew nothing about, and really enjoyed it. Interesting person that suited the Long Form interview.

Joe Rogan is a compete and utter **** idiot

https://twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/1471991180233625602

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I think if Joe was getting a controversial doctor in he should have had a more traditional doctor regarding covid as a counterpoint. I think this reflects badly on Joe

He had Sanjay Gupta on for over 3 hours a couple of weeks ago.

But if they are not in same episodes they can each tell mistruths or barefaced lies that Joe will just not pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Rogan supposed to be having anti covid vaccine doctor Robert Malone on his podcast. Robert Malone just got banned from twitter so you can guess what the whole podcast will be about

How CNN misrepresented him

How he got over covid quickly. (Most people do btw) .

Monoclonal antibodies

Rinse and repeat.

His guests were better when he was on YouTube tbh. He's not much better than Ray D'Arcy these days.

Yeah but that's not his gig. He's said it lots of times over the years that he doesn't like shows that have opposing guests go at each other. He prefers to let one person say their piece.

One ( I think) where he went back with opposing views was with the Twitter people and some chap who disagreed with them. I didn't listen to those 2 shows but Joe mentioned it afterwards saying he didn't like doing that format (where he's essentially a mediator).

I've listened to far less shows since the move to Austin. I'd usually have listened to about 30% of shows but now it might be 15%. Very repetitive and as one previous poster pointed out it has become somewhat of a soapbox for him. Less interesting guests too imo.

I have spotify but haven't listened to a full episode since he left youtube. Just fast forward through a lot of the episodes. Joe is getting older and predictably becoming more conservative. This wouldn't be a problem if he was a proper interview and did more research on the conservative guests he tends to have on.

• Advertisement

Don't forget casually getting everything wrong about covid

Advertisement