Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Two points dropped by City as well, great day of football so far.

I have a feeling it’s Chelsea we need to be more worried about this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Not the greatest performance but a good result against a decent Palace side.

Salah was excellent today. Alisson too.

Hats off to James Milner. He had a tough day battling Zaha but did well.

Good that Robinson, Matip and TAA (despite being ill) got rested.

Let's hope Thiago only has a minor knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

City only one shot on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I like Pep, he’s so passionate about football and seems like a genuinely good egg, but by god do I hope he has a Mourinho-esque meltdown this season and fecks off to PSG next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hard to argue against us, we find a way to win, and the point of having a good keeper is actually to use him, that's the whole point, no different than having a good goal scorer like Salah,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I doubt it, city are perfectly capable of winning the next 20 games in a row.

Great win today all the same, just throw all the money at Mo, he is a proper Ronaldo/Messi level player at that stage and we would be properly fucked without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

said the same last year they ended up winning in a canter city still favourites and rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Its almost like our squad isn't as bad as the permanent sad sacks make it out to be! Alisson is just the goat though. Saved us so many times in our games this season and lets the rest of the lads get on with winning the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

City's next two games are away to Chelsea and us. If they where to lose both they'd be under serious pressure to be perfect for a huge run of games.

They're also away to PSG between those games. That's three big games on the bounce, they could be a little drained by the time they get to Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Think City will be around where they've been for the last 2 seasons without a proper striker to break down games like today (81 points and 86 points). They'll get between 80 and 90 points. It's just down to if one of the others can break that really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Its the most ridiculous rule that. I hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

3-0 flattered Liverpool but at the same time Liverpool deserved to win. We get spoiled with this team sometimes.

Salah is just incredible. If I had his 6 pack, I'd never wear clothes 😂

Thought Thiago & Tsimikas stood out, along with a clear MOTM Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Keitas nonchalant celebration gives me life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Not really a good performance, just eeked out the win while managing to rest/rotate some players, take the 3 points and move on.

Thought Konate was shaky enough tbh, not in sync with the rest of the back line on offsides and gave it away a few times, probably did settle more as the game went on in fairness, an ok debut all in all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

0 shots as that 1 shot was ruled out for offside

Klopp is the master at making players feel involved at the right time.

Giving Origi his run out today telling him that he needs him as a part of his first team, not just a squad member. Involved twice in a week and wanting more. While we all know full well where Origi's standing in the pecking order is. Origi will start now midweek and fully rest Salah & Mane which benefits Klopp long term too. And hopefully even give Origi a lift too and ready to contribute again like his 18/19 run.

Tsimikas will get his game again and really feel part of the team with his 4th start of the season while Robbo gets a rare full 10 days off. But Tsimikas feels now that he can fight for a starting spot and not just be a back up getting 1 game a month.

Jones coming off of the bench the last 2 games feeling involved before he starts at Norwich ready to fight for a starting place in the league.

Keita Hendo Thiago have all been battling for a spot too with their rotation lately but Klopp has them feeling like they have his trust too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

In his prematch interview he praised origi s performance in training, we will be seeing a bit more of him by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another game with 25 shots at goal.

Pretty much hitting 25 shots at goal every game so far this season.

Staring mid week you'd assume and to be fair to him his performances so far deserve more minutes on the pitch.

Origi, Konate, Minamino, Ox, Jones, Kelleher should all start on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I would add Gomez to that list,he needs minutes under his belt

• Advertisement

Three changes at the back today and still a clean sheet has to be mentioned.

Klopp said himself that only two was the plan till Trent was unwell but I have to say I was fairly worried looking at the the starting XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Gomez could well be playing right back on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ive got a warm fuzzy feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll never stop saying it.

Salah is the king of this league.

Never injured. Goals guaranteed. Creativity oozing out of him. Always direct, always trying something.

Best in the PL. I'll not hear a word against it.

He knows he's on an even playing field with Chelsea, almost even with Utd (bar the manager), and knows that if Liverpool get rolling, we're probably the best in the country.

• Advertisement

Reporter: "Did you know Salah only has yellow cards for taking his top off?"

Klopp: "Well… when he scored that goal against United I nearly took mine off as well.”

🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I've been watching football a long time, and seen msny a shirt come off following a goal, but cant for the life of me understand why...................

it only happens in the mens game 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

12 scored in 5 games, Salah 4, Mane 3, Jota 2, Firmino 1, and the rest Keita, Fabinho.

Looking good.

A word about Alisson.

He has been a downright monster already this season. He had a fair few messy moments last season when he had our 6th and 7th choice CBs in front of him. Now that he trusts his CBs implicitly, he's completely back to himself.

So assured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Follow up was off side though so on target it was. Was surprised to see the penalty over turned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Good 3 points today. Should have been a lot more goals but gotta be happy with 3 and a clean sheet.

Thought Jota was awful, and not just the open goal he missed, he's scored twice(I think) so far but I don't remember him playing too well in any game.

Milner was outstanding today, Zaha is one of the trickier wingers to play against and he barely got a sniff of the ball against and ageing makeshift full back.

Naby lad, slowly growing into the team and building confidence, I'm almost afraid to get excited about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Becker was unbelievable again today best positioning and footwork iv ever seen from a goal keeper, Rarely has to make a spectacular save because of it

Jota really could have done with that goal

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Love naby lad. Hopefully he can stay fit because I think if he can we have a serious player on our hands.

Jota is in desperate need of a goal to get the confidence back again.

Milner stats from the game.

• Advertisement

I'm still not totally convinced by Keita. To me he looked a more exciting player when with Leipzig. Maybe he's beginning to fit into our system more, which could be better overall, but I liked the exciting Keita. Hopefully he'll have a good season.

Of course his goal was fab today!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The more I see of Tsimikas, the more I like him.

Aside from leaving a lazy leg in, he was very impressive today.

Great to be able to give Robertson the odd rest day.

Salah doesn't say much on his twitter. It's only his 2nd or 3rd message in 6 months.

I think he wants that new contact and stay at Liverpool. But he wants to be paid an amount that he feels justified as is his standing in world football.

Rhys Williams was the target of racial abuse at the Swansea game today the were 3 - 0 down at half time he was taken off at half time and the game finished 3-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As he should be. FSG need to **** or get off the pot on this one.

We're not playing that differently, in general, to last season.

The key is the defence. And the threat our defenders pose at set pieces. It really is that simple.

We started slowly. Last season Palace score with one of those early attacks.

Do we score the first without our newly regained set piece threat? Do we score the second without VVD's threat?

At 1-0, Palace would've scored last season. A combination of Konate's pace in recovery, VVD being VVD, and Alisson being himself meant we held firm and ultimately won out.

You really don't win anything without a solid spine being there. You simply can't eke out wins without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Rip Jimmy greaves ,all time great,Saint and greavsie show was my favourite weekly TV viewing as a young lad too .

Have seen it in the female game too. Spoiler alert... Sports bras.

Yeah it's crazy to think that the two guys have passed in just a few months between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh I completely get that , but it's not a hit and hope game anymore

Re Pep , he tried what Jurgen done to get the crowd going, and fell flat :)

Advertisement