Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Doubt we will be hearing anything from Zappone except maybe to say that this whole situation has affected her mental health or some such BS and she won't be able to attend. The usual excuse when folks like this are caught pulling a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

"

Varadkar hasn't said that Harris was the leaker, in fact he has said the opposite, that what Carthy said had no evidence:

That blows a huge hole in your defence of Carthy.

As for the Cabinet leak, we only have a journalist's word that it was leaked. Is that Gospel now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch for a green voter", you're a brave individual stamping your feet about this one when Varadkar and Harris must surely know, all the details of what went on is known to journalists. Be very awkward moment if something is revealed in tomorrow's papers.

And by the way, Varadkar didn't "say the opposite"

Varadkar said this.

Speaking in the House today, Varadkar said: “What happened in the Dáil was wrong.”

He said Carthy had no evidence for his claim, and was repeating a rumour under Dáil privilege.

I don't know how you're interpreting that, but Leo said what happend in the Dail was wrong, he didn't even say Carthy was wrong.

Only that Carthy had no evidence, and was repeating a rumour.

Or, in other words, Leo basically said "prove it".

The twisting and squirming is hilarious here.

Post edited by McMurphy on

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Varadkar hasn't said anything coherent generally, apart from blaming everyone but himself, Coveney, Harris and of course Katherine, instead he persists in stirring trouble for his Coalition parties and of course not shy about throwing civil servants under the bus whilst he's at it.

It was very telling a former SG and Current SG in Coveney's department seemed to try and be helpful to him at his SECOND attempt explaining matters to the FA committee, whilst a few days later Leo throws the Taoiseach's SG under the bus. That very SG has now been called in front of the FA committee, I suspect he won't be as generous as the Two that have already appeared.

As an aside, is Simon Harris (STILL) seriously considering that complaint re his stellar reputation being slighted ?, asking for many friends 😏😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure how you're imagining things I never even posted, I havent mentioned Matt Carthy in any of my posts yet you're claiming Im defending him, bizarre stuff.

As for the journalist, he got a leak direct from Simon Harris in a cabinet meeting and he reported the Zapponyism as Harris wanted him to do. Are you claiming how that this whole story that this thread is based upon isnt true or something. This seems to be what you're aiming at, its even more bizarre given its been discussed on here and right across the Irish media for weeks now. The journalist was right in his reporting and if he says it was leaked from Cabinet there is no reason to doubt him when what he reported on Zappone was 100% on the money. You might not like it but as Hugh o'Connell said during the week leaks are bread and butter for political journalists, if you dont believe it goes on then you're being unbelievably naïve here.

The story of Harris being the leaker and Varadkar hauling him into a meeting to openly accuse him was an open secret around Leinster House. It wasnt just one journalist who reported it, it was several. One in the Sunday Times, Philip Ryan in the Indo and Daniel McConnell in the Examiner. So by questioning the integrity of these political correspondents who spend their working days inside Leinster House you're really just going down the Donald Trump 'Fake News' route and we all know how much credibility that has. If that story wasnt true then why would either Varadkar or Harris allow damaging lies to be published about them and not speak up? They both said nothing becasue they both knew how true it was, simple as.

Tell us then blanch if (as you are claiming) it wasnt Simon Harris then who was it? The Zappone leak didnt happen in a vacuum so if you're on here claiming that it wasnt Harris then who do you actually think it was? Varadkar himself? Suppose he does have form for leaking but you'd think a leaker under an open criminal investigation would at least try to keep their nose clean. Given it wasnt Coveney leaking on himself then that leaves either Heather Humphries or Paschal o'Donohue.

• Advertisement

Don't forget the little aside by Leo in his response to the facts raised

"Well not entirely Correct " ,

we await the juicy bits that were correct 😏 ( I suspect most were )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There are only 5 FG ministers in cabinet (Helen Mc is on leave)

Leo

Simon Harris

Paschal

Heather

Simon Coveney (hardly leaking on himself)

Who else could the leak be? FF&Greens say it's a FG leak. Everyone knows its SimonH. If not he would have outed someone else or made his complaint.

I did notice that Hildegarde is getting lots of time in the press lately. She 'attends cabinet' so perhaps they are setting her up for a reshuffle...

Red rotten FG.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Most unfortunate description (Hardly leaking on himself ) 🤣🤣🤣

Re Hildagarde, I suspect only because most others terrified but after her recent media appearances, I suspect FG might have been better of just hiding from media 😏

• Advertisement

Meanwhile MM heading off to NY for a few days R&R,god bless his cotton socks. he certainly needs a break, He's due to chair a meeting were I presume he might at least try an attempt at coherent messaging.

I wonder is Coveney joining him on the trip, that would make for an interesting conversation, I wonder will Zappone have MM over for Tea & Crumpets whilst he's in NY 😏

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Have to wonder what business the minister for children and youth affairs has going on these trips that are not exactly tied to the role

I see not no FF or FG representative available for the week in politics, all very shy it seems 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FG have become a bit of a laughing stock on the Brendan O'Connor show this morning. They also feel that FG leadership are completely disconnected from the grass roots and don't seem to have learned any lessons from the 2020 General Election defeat. The whole panel laughed when Brendan reminded them that Simon Coveney "didn't feel like I was lobbied" when it was 100% lobbying!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Damn, missed that, will have listen back 😏

The nothing burger getting lots of attention on the week in politics 😏

It will be like another thread on Boards about the Fr Molloy case,she will be rushed of to hospital by a friendly FG Doctor before she can give evidence

Hope Owen O Callaghan and his heirs have a holiday home in NY to save the tax payer some cash,because we all know that Michael like an Owen o Callaghan holiday home.

What a proper cu next Tuesday promoted herself to first class but made her personal secretary fly economy. That says all we need to know about that wagon!

• Advertisement

Why is w a g o n censored? It's not a swear word. Does she eat Wagon Wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its like that time John Delaney bought business class tickets for himself and all the blazers in the FAI and then stuck all the players into economy class.

It's the sabbath so I felt it would be the Christian thing to do 😁😇

• Registered Users Posts: 18,161 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Finding new ways to spend days doing feck all for the children and parents of Ireland, her entire stint in that role was a sham, just glad she's being finally exposed as the sham that she is

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Zappone was / is an utter disgrace. Let’s not forget whilst minister for children, she:

1. Went to the airport for a photo op with that Ibrahim Hallawa character, who accidentally found himself giving a rousing speech in Cairo. The gormless look on her face when he and his clan started roaring ‘Allah Akbar’ was quite something to behold.
    2. Embarked on a mercy mission to Calais to survey the bearded children. She returned to Ireland with the intent to scoop them all up and bring them ‘home’.

That woman never served Ireland. The only loyalty she ever had was to herself and her twisted agenda. This saga has really exposed her for what she truly is. Thankfully, it means she has zero credibility here going forward and is unlikely to sully our nation with her despicable presence in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That's probably why she was going for the UN job. Wasn't that 'only €15k'? Or Very low paid... etc. She was just looking to pay off her debt. 🙄

Have to wonder if all of the people that were defending that position at the beginning, and saying things like 'it's feck all/she wouldn't be earning much/it's only for a couple of months' etc. and whatever other excuses they had for her, feel a bit stupid now. Or did they know all along and were just defending the former Independent TD to annoy everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was my point...lol....people were saying sure the new role is only 15k of salary...but with her the expenses would be astranomical

• Advertisement

Advertisement