Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use Old Modem for wireless print server?

Options
  • 10-09-2021 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I have a collection of old & new modems here from Eir, Vodafone and Sky. I use a Huawei EIR F2000 supplying my current wifi around the house but I am wondering if I could locate a Laser printer away on another desk in a spare room connect the printer USB cable to an old modem and then connect that modem back to my own Wifi and effectively create a wireless printer out of my older non-wireless Laser printer.

I have HP printer I use for scanning and some colour printing and the laser for the majority of the B&W stuff now. If I could relocate the laser away from the desktop it would make great space in the home office desk.

Comments

Advertisement