Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Curious that every news website covering her respectful decline 🧐🧐

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

You sir are spotting sh!te. Trending at number 1 on Twitter Katherine Zappone and #zapponegate

Looks whats trending at number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Since late July/early August you've been pronouncing this as "over" and almost every single day something new pops up relating to it.

Harris is still named in the Dail as being the victim of a "sting" setup by O'Donovan and a "kangaroo court" chaired by Leo, he's not even messing when he says "he's seriously considering" making a complaint against Carthy, and which Leo nor O'Donovan have come out and contradicted yet either.

Oh, and as for "Twitter is gone dead" check out what's number 1 Twitter tend in Ireland, Monday the 20th of September at 1755....

If you keep popping up here on a daily basis, "that this is over" you'll most likely be correct some day before Christmas.

Less than 100 days to go.

You can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭BobHopeless

Leading the news actually. She's just another stroke politics politician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭bmc58

Cowan is all bluster and full of sh*te.Talks tough but when his back was to the wall last week over the Coveny/Zappone affair he voted CONFIDENCE in Coevney.At least Mark McSharry stood by his comments and principals.

O I agree completely, but just pointing out his comments, anything that makes FG uncomfortable is perfectly fine by me 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Excellent Tweet , and here's me thinking it's not trending on twitter 🙄😁

Excellent graphics as always , perhaps those doubters might be more accustomed to cartoons 😀

• Advertisement

Makes me wonder what else is not trending on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

Yeah right, appointed a Senator by a previous FG leader and then giving a ministry as a first time TD by the current FG leader, how often does that happen, she sold her soul to FG from day one. it was never about politics with her, it was about what she could get out of it for herself.

Even begging her pals in FG for a new job that she made up herself, I didn't see anywhere that she approached FF, GP of SF for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I hope we can now stop this nonsense of appointing people to important positions because they tick some diversity box.

We can see Zappones true colors as a person and a politician here and those characteristics are far more important than appointing somebody because of their sexual preference, something that essentially is completely irrelevant as a persons sexual preferences have no impact on how the perform their job.

The same can be said about that inept Minister for education, getting a job because of her genitals instead of her ability, of which she has none.

Lets just judge people on their ability first and foremost not because your trying to satisfy some diversity checklist.

And lets be clear, the dail could be composed of 100% women of any sexual preference and I wouldn't care as long as they are good at their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think the people gave its response to the notion of Oireachtas led inquiries in the rejection of the 30th Amendment in 2011, for unregulated, politicised kangaroo courts is precisely what they can become and I'm sure Dr Zappone was mindful of the outcome of proceedings in recent years of Angela Kerins v the PAC, when the Committee was found to have acted unlawfully and outside of its powers in such a way to have damaged the reputation of Ms Kerins, personally and professionally.

You people think so linearly.

Yes it is dead as an issue, yes her declination is notable, but its still dead as an issue tonight and tomorrow and thereafter.

A political dead cat bounce. Why? Because the Government have moved on to other things, its no longer occupying their time.

I did snigger at the response of John Brady TD, SF, to the effect that Dr Zappone had failed to take the opportunity to put the issue to bed. I would suggest that she has put the issue to bed much sooner and with more finality by declining to appear in front of his Committee, but of course that wouldn't suit Mr Brady's desire to indulge in a bit of grandstanding.

Dead as the proverbial doornail, a mainstay in the upper echelons of the media cycle for weeks and reaching a zenith this evening. The gulf between wishful thinking and an undesirable reality is an ocean apart. And then to undermine your argument further, you scramble for a rote "but wait those Shinners" diversion. Those of us with our feet firmly planted on the ground are not buying your bluff.

You sniggered at the wrong TD , that was Barry Cowans comment, Brady said Zappone, Abdicated her responsibilities 😏

Whatever, it was all the same chatter.

Cormac ÓHeadhra just ask Paul Cunningham, the RTÉ Pol Corr, on Drivetime, what the sense is among the Pol Corrs after Zappone's declination.

His response a simple, 'it ends and it ends here'. So don't take my word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The govt, like yourself have been only too happy to "move on" from this clusterfcuk from the day and hour it started, simmy had moved on so quickly his arse had to be dragged back for a second questioning.

Michaél thought he'd "move on" from it back in July,

They are quickly realising that their 3 way coalition is anything but a cosy cartel, each time Michaél or Leo think the coast is clear to "move on" someone from one of the party's let's some cat out of the bag, and the whole thing is off like a rocket again. It'll be over when it's over, and it doesn't look like it's over yet.

As for the "linear" line of thinking, no not really, you were wrong on your summarisation of it on Twitter, you've been consistently wrong on it having gone away now for coming up to a full two months almost.

Oh and I notice you have been waving a prefixed "Dr" title to her name numerous times this evening, like you just found out she had an honorary doctorate, news for you buddy, the "Dr" prefix doesn't make her any less of a money grabbing fraud who had no-one elses interests on her mind, bar her own.

Ian Paisley had an honorary doctorate too btw.... Just saying.

It's ends as in Zappone’s contribution (this was not only anticipated but predictable), if your referring to the matter as a whole ending there, I'd wager it certainly has not .

• Advertisement

Maybe its time we all started using the Dr Moniker the way it should be intended. Lets start calling Zappone Dr Dolittle, because she does little.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭archfi

I'm sure she'll get her cherished intorduction to the war hawk Samantha Power for her service to the current trio of ministers by not accounting for herself in public.

All a circle, forever a circle.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Was featured on Drive Time earlier. Harris still pretending he's going to look into doing something. Not going away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You will find FFG dont like the whole idea of accountability.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im off to the someone you cant stand thread....this Zappone really boils my piss....

Some f*cking neck on her

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'd agree with your post except insofar as you refer to this as an important position. It was dreamt up either to make us look good or just to keep her quiet. A pity Coveney didn't say that Day 1.

With a neck like that she belongs in the Giraffe enclosure in Dublin Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

She really was all set to rinse the Country for the last drop she could extract and shame on those who were willing to facilitate her because her game was obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The question or not of this being over is do you see this still being a live story in 3 to 5 days time. Unless Varadkar comes out with something else I think the cycle is going to leave this behind. We are coming into budget leaks season after all.

Advertisement