Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth restaurants

• 18-09-2021 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, I will be hosting a few customers and suppliers over the course of a few days in mid October, with several of them being put up in a hotel in Maynooth.

Have planned on the last night of having a bit of a meal in a local restaurant rather than the hotel.

Can anyone recommend what the local top restaurants are? I'm considering some ethnic dining such as Thai/Indian?

Looking online the Thai restaurant Kin Khao Thai looks interesting. Charcoal grill to experience authentic Thai cooking.

Will be a small enough get together of prob 8 adults. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd really appreciate them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Kin Thao food is excellent. Restaurant itself is OK. I'd prefer over Red Torch Ginger.

The 2 Indian restaurants aren't the sort of places I would choose to entertain customers/vendors. Food is fine for takeaway.

Picaderos and Avenue are very good IMHO. I haven't eaten much in Donatellos.

I wouldn't bother with Bistro 53 for a variety of reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kin Khao is the only Michelin listed restaurant in the town anyway, if you trust in those ratings.

Food Guru's signs were down at the weekend so it may be gone but as said, neither Indian was particularly an eat-in place. Both tiny too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks for your help guys, looks like Thai for everyone so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

We ate at Donatellos once and it was fine, no complaints, nice food and nice service, but nothing stand out. Can you share the reasons for not going to Bistro 53? We never got to it when we lived in Kildare but were always tempted to give it a go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ate in Picaderos, a couple of years ago with a group around that size, and it was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

Isn't Bistro 53 closed now? I thought I saw some scaffolding there. But I could be wrong.

Donatello's is alright for Italian food, wouldn't say it's exactly amazing but everything was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

No obvious way to edit my message, but Bistro 53 isn't closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks everyone, have Kin Khao booked and am looking forward to it.

Advertisement