Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Got an email from my dealer with the build week so I buckled and decided not to go through with the cancellation.😅

It’s build week 44 so looking like late December or January. He said if there are any changes in vrt it will be added to it if it’s January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Great!

But don’t rely on week 44 being set in stone. Mine was week 27. It slipped to week 30 and it didn’t exit production for several weeks after that (in normal times these cars are built start to finish in a matter of days, not weeks).

Yeah seeing that they are constantly getting put back. Hopefully it is ready sometime in jan and that the government don’t up the vrt anymore but I’m not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MrSing

Does anyone know where I can buy a new Mechatron unit 0GC325025DX.

My car is off the road 5 weeks at this stage because the VW dealer is waiting on the part.

My new CS arrived at the dealers today. 🙂

About 4 months after ordering it and around a month later than @GavRedKing 😁 I think I just got a bit unlucky with parts availability and then factory holidays though august.

I only had a quick glance over it today when it was still covered in wrappers and filth but it all looked great. A new 80k+ R arrived alongside it and at a glance there’s no way there’s ~25k+ grand between them.

It might be Tuesday/Wednesday before I can collect it, but no panic!

Dealer told me that he had a fresh memo from VW on his desk. Customers to be advised that new performance Golf orders are a June/July 2022 lead time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Like a child waiting for Christmas morning to arrive now Joe.. 😃 4 months isn't too bad a wait considering what it's like now. Also hard to believe that we have arrived at the day where a Golf can cost 80k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

A long enough wait but not too bad given how things are currently Joe. Best of luck with it and we look forward to the obligatory pics when you get a chance.

Are you planning on getting any paint protection coatings done on it?

Yeah 4 months wasn’t too bad, all considering. The R took about as long back in 2015.

No plans to spend big bucks with a detailer tbh. I’m kinda looking forward to doing a bit of DIY on it. I picked up a few new bits from DnD detailing last week, it’s years since I bought anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Looking forward to the pics when you pick up Joe. Did you go silver in the end with the estoril alloys?

I did indeed. Very pleased with that choice when I finally saw them in the metal yesterday. The dealer was worried for a minute when he saw the “R” logo on them… he thought they might have been the wrong wheels.

It will look almost identical to Gav’s car, he posted a few pics earlier in this thread 😌

• Advertisement

great colour combo I think.

looking forward to your driving review.

I bet you’re glad you didn’t go for id3 now.

Haha yeah! That was exactly a year ago this week actually. I sold my BMW a year ago this week. Managed fine without it and WFH is likely to continue for some time yet. So I don’t see the GTI doing that much commuting in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cetera

Lovely! Looking forward to seeing the photos.

I hope that memo relates to new orders from this point onwards! I ordered an R in July, and if I have to wait 12 months, I’ll be cancelling my order right away.

Yeah new orders! Do you have any idea of a build week? You're probably looking at late in the year, into January realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cetera

Production week 1 of 2022, but I’m not totally convinced of that - I may get lucky. I can’t wait to get it.

Very few new R’s and CS’s on the road - you’ll have something very unique!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Good to hear it finally arrived, the way things are going I'm surprised to hear it wasn't 6 months+! 4 months isn't too bad given the situation the car world is in.

Dealer has sent me through the 2022 price.. Base price for my cs has gone from 54,080 to 54,895 all the options have gone up slightly as well bar hk audio which has gone from 821 to 685.

i think it’s a bit ridiculous that they can make you wait so long and then up it to their new prices? I’ve not replied yet but I don’t think that’s fair at all.

The price on mine went up about €650 since I ordered, but the dealer (in conjunction with VW I would assume) are honouring the original price, due to the production delays, which tbh I didn't expect. I was caught for price hikes on previous cars, so I expected it to happen again.

Another €900 is very saucy indeed. That's a €1500 increase in 6 months! And before that (back in March) we had an increase due to the VAT going back up to 23%.

I would have thought that VW would wait until after the budget next month as some are expecting VRT hikes again this year.

What makes it worse is how he’s rejigged the numbers. He says he’s added more for my trade in so the cost will be 480 but he’s now added in my 1k deposit into those figures where as they obviously weren’t on the previously agreed breakdown so it would be 1,480.

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is the thing. Who knows how much that would add. The people Joe was dealing with have clearly treated him fairly so I’m not sure how I should approach this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The price of materials such as steel, etc has increased across the board, not to mind the chip shortage so it was inevitable that car manufacturers would pass those on. VRT increases in the budget will be country specific and separate to pre tax costs. A double whammy for the Irish consumer all the same.

Collecting this tomorrow and couldn't resist calling in this evening for a good look around it under the lights of the showroom. Delighted 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Absolute cracker Joe. Worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Lovely, the silver looks great in it. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Silver looks well!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lovely @JoeA3 you'll love the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well wear Joe. Colour and wheel combo is spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

Beautiful Joe!

Advertisement