Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark side of the ring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Jericho and Cabana showing where they stand.

And conrad just deleted this old tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cornette standing up for Flair no real surprise there it's just the boys being boys and I know Ric and that just isn't him.

“As I said earlier…the guys entertain each other and they only mean it that way and there’s not malicious intent involved but when you hear stories like this completely from the outside of the world of wrestling, you think ‘my god those guys are completely insane?’ As I mentioned, I think in some cases, what several of these people were trying to say was there was no malicious intent involved in anybody’s actions. Rather it was a combination of alcohol, bad judgment and not realizing that they weren’t in the same old environment they were in. They’re on a big f**king brand new charter plane flying across the ocean with a lot of outside wrestling people involved that don’t take kindly to their antics. It was a recipe for disaster. I hate that Flair has come off looking like this because I know the guy and I genuinely believe that he never wanted to hurt anyone or offend anyone or freak anybody out or make anybody feel like that poor flight attendant felt. It was something that he did that people wanted him to do for so long that he never knew when to stop, I guess.”

all I say is and all I stand by is it was wrong, he shouldn’t have done it. It wasn’t the time, it wasn’t the place, it wasn’t the people, there’s no excuse for it. But I still just knowing Ric genuinely believe that down deep in his heart or brain or whatever, he didn’t think that he was offending anyone, doing anything wrong that anybody would remember and be pissed about the next day. I’ve seen him treat average people in various ways that he would come in contact with them overly politely. It’s not like he was going around being a raging a** to anybody.” He continued, “I’ve seen guys be d*cks to women at the matches, unnecessarily. I’ve never saw him do that. I never saw him act like a star to people in convenience stores or out in public or being a dick to them or whatever the f**k just unnecessarily. You know, not excusing it but there has to be something to be said for intent. I’m wondering when did he ever figure out that this wasn’t getting over anymore. Maybe when he got sued.”

Cornette then buries Dreamer.

“It seemed like it was a personal thing with him where he was just, you know, antagonized towards this woman. Maybe she didn’t bring the service cart by and give him peanuts or whatever but he couldn’t have possibly seen her statements on know how well she would come off. They don’t show you the other people’s interviews when you’re talking but the juxtaposition of those was especially bad for Tommy. Here’s this nice woman and then he insinuates that she took a payoff to shut up and she should have prosecuted this horrible person. That was a bad attitude to have, not just flippant but aggressive towards this woman by that point everyone in the viewing audience liked and felt sorry for.”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, the comment about how she should've stayed if she felt that way was stupid. As if she could afford to go against WWF when her employer isn't even willing to back her. If anything, Tommy's question could be turned around as "if she was in the wrong, why did they pay her off".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The coachman has come out and said that vince and linda were not on that flight. interesting

• Advertisement

WWE paying out actually say a lot really, They have a very strong history of fighting against payouts including one with Marta Hart over Owen's death which went on for over 10 years before they settled.

Flair pulled from his appearance at New York Comic Con next month.

Dreamer pulled from his Busted Open Radio gig.

I wonder is Flair regretting handing in his WWE notice now at least he would have had a consistent wage for the next few months. The son in law will have to look after him now.

Charlotte to go back to just using her first name? I know that won't happen

Flair will continue to get booked in Mexico with Andrade, I'd say Japan would be no problem too, even the UK. He probably won't have to worry much beyond his usual crazy money worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’d say WWE are secretly happy he’s off their payroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Flair is the type that will always get a handout somewhere. Just that type of person, someone quoted Hunter from the 30 for 30 where he said Flair will tell you what he needs to tell you to get his way. That sums him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

I've seen around the Internet a few people who seem to smell blood in the water after the most recent episode of this programme. Up next is the episode about Chris Kanyon, who came out as gay while still an active wrestler, and there's been a persistent rumour that The Undertaker headed up a campaign of bullying and burial (no pun intended) against Kanyon after finding out Kanyon was gay, so it looks like some people are gearing up to see the Undertaker get cancelled. Here's a Reddit thread with this angle on things,

Although, as pointed out later down the thread, there is no solid evidence to corroborate the Undertaker having a personal grudge against Kanyon. Some are pointing to a particularly nasty chair shot Undertaker gave Kanyon at a Smackdown, but back then, it was not unheard of for wrestlers to take these types of chair shots. I do expect that the episode will touch upon wrestling being a hard industry to succeed in for an openly gay wrestler, and maybe even claim that he was deliberately buried by WWE as a whole for being so. If anything, I would expect that Vince will be implicated as empowering the homophobic attitudes in the locker room, but not naming the names of any specific wrestlers who took it upon themselves to run Kanyon out of the WWE.

Flair is now blaming RVD for trying to destroy his reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The classic tactic, of blame everyone else, before he'd even consider blaming himself.

Flair has now been replaced in WWE opening packages by that nasty piece of work The Ultimate Warrior.

WWE cancel him by replacing him with a homophobic nut job, I'm surprised he wasn't replaced by the racist HH.

Didn't notice it but just checked and the "Wooo!" is gone as well. I think it was there for Smackdown. But is it because of this or is it just because he left them?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah but an important difference is Ric flair despite his self admitted best efforts is still alive whereas the warrior has gone back to his home planet.

What do you think "kiss stealin'" means?

steal a kiss ​DEFINITIONS AND SYNONYMS

PHRASE

DEFINITION

1. to kiss someone quickly without them expecting it

Everyone knew what flair was up to, everyone knew about the plane ride from hell.

Why is it now that people have decided they hate him for it?

Obviously it's unacceptable behaviour, but why are people pretending that it's a shock?

Did they reach out to Flair for comment? Think they just used quotes from previous interviews. They did say they reached out to Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Flair really digging a hole for himself more with some of recent Twitter postings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Watched the Kanyon episode.. as was expected, undertaker depicted as a homophobic bully with a horrendous chair shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wish Raven had been contacted about the Chris Kanyon episode. I've seen his Twitter page where he mentioned he had some stuff to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think they could have gone in deeper on Undertaker, they sort of made the chair shot out to be 'from the back'. Even though most people have said that Undertaker and Kanyon got on well until Undertaker found out he was gay and totally dropped him as friend.

Was quite a sad episode, thought the Sinister Minister came off very well.

The Sinister Minister came across as a friend we could all do with. Took a lot of abuse that he didn't have to because he loved Kanyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sad episode. I really liked Kanyon back in the day. He clearly had mental health issues and it's sad that he didn't get the help he needed.

Didn't like the Cena and Flair comments about him not being good. That's not right to say. They, especially flair, made him out like he could barely wrestle and thats certainly not the case. Kanyon was good. He was really good in wcw. But, in my opinion, he got lost in the shuffle when wwe bought wcw. Wcw kanyon was a somebody. Wwe kanyon was a jobber.

Flair's a smarmy prick who probably get paid by Stern, Vince or both to go on the air and do that hit job.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or Flair decided to do it himself. I can't see Stern paying Flair to go live on his show via phone and trash someone live on air. The idea itself would've landed Stern, and SiriusXM in some hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

I have to say, I've been taken aback by the amount of people who've come out of the woodwork to see the Undertaker get cancelled over a rumour. It's like people get so excited about raising their pitchforks that they'll go on pretty much nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

I mean there's plenty of stuff you could tear into the man for if we're honest, don't think it's PC gone mad if that's what you're geting at. People should be held accountable for their actions, regardless. It's a long-standing rumour, would have been nive to see it addressed is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Personally I am not one of those who would want to see him get cancelled over something. That said, I do wonder how up and up The Undertaker is. Everyone always gives the same response when asked about him. Like "respect. The locker room leader" etc - is that something not born out of fear from the political pull the taker has?

I remember what King Kong Bundy said about Andre the Giant. That he wasn't that nice and people were afraid of him. Not because of his size but his power. He could destroy your career accordingly. I do wonder when the taker's pull is gone will the stories, if any, come out.

One that does come to mind is Tracy Smothers. Tracy said he was gone shortly after saying a nagative comment to the taker.

Advertisement