Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Account from An Post

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

youtube! wrote: »
    Oh dear I’ve just opened an account. I see this thread is three yrs old , gave they improved at all ?

The cashback is stopping shortly.

There are much better offers and products out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Oh dear I’ve just opened an account. I see this thread is three yrs old , gave they improved at all ?

Let us know how you get on with an post money account.
    The bad reviews put me off opening account with them.
    So be interested to know if they better.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I would be inclined to say they are worse, but that is based on my usage. i.e. regular payment in then withdraw most of it works well. However, since the start of the year and in my opinion, the service has gone downhill.
    As already said, it's useful for receiving money, e.g. wage, then withdraw or transfer to another account leaving just enough for expected outgoings. A useful buffer between another account and the outside world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Well my account is opened about 6 weeks now and I have to say I’ve not a single bad issue with it. In fact I’d go as far as to say it is the most efficient online account I’ve used to date . Transfers are fast , alerts are very nice feature and I even like the card they give it just looks pretty good . No problem with customer service either the one time I needed to ring to activate my card. App goes down occasionally for and hour or two but so does every other bank app I’ve had . Pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Well my account is opened about 6 weeks now and I have to say I’ve not a single bad issue with it. In fact I’d go as far as to say it is the most efficient online account I’ve used to date . Transfers are fast , alerts are very nice feature and I even like the card they give it just looks pretty good . No problem with customer service either the one time I needed to ring to activate my card. App goes down occasionally for and hour or two but so does every other bank app I’ve had . Pleased.
    Give it 6 months and see then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Care to share your impressions?

Can anyone tell me, does this account or any other Irish bank account offer push notifications for transactions such as DDs and online transactions in the same way you get with Revolut?

Can anyone tell me, does this account or any other Irish bank account offer push notifications for transactions such as DDs and online transactions in the same way you get with Revolut?

For those of us who don't know how the Revolut system works, (e.g. me) more informatiopn would be useful.
    DDs - yes.
    Online transactions - any in particular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭AngryLips

.BrianJM wrote: »
    For those of us who don't know how the Revolut system works, (e.g. me) more informatiopn would be useful.
    DDs - yes.
    Online transactions - any in particular?

What I like about Revolut is that you get a push notification for every transaction on your account, everything from DDs to online debits from your card to spend in stores. And similar to An Post Money, you can create pockets for your money ('jars' in An Post jargon). With Revolut you can point your DDs or monthly subscription payments to a pocket so that, even if your current account balance is zero, you still have enough money in your pocket to cover the payments. Is this a feature on the An Post account? Can you set up a DD or recurring payment so it's coming from a jar? And does the An Post account offer the flexibility in managing your card so that the card can be frozen and unfrozen through the app, or for certain transactions to be limited on the card, such as online transactions? Can you see upcoming direct debits?

Sorry for delay. You've probably decided, and if you really need all that pushed at you then forget an Post. This could change in the near future but until I get the new app to work, I don't know.

What is the real identity of the an post smart account? It's obviously a white label product

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭jrmb

They have their own BIC, but it's a "payment account" (like Revolut) rather than a bank. That can be a problem if you want to lodge a cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Well my initial good impression of this bank has well and truly been dashed this morning. I’m on PUP and my payment was due yesterday. Still not hit my account. Apparently no incoming payments are being processed and they have no idea when it will be sorted and that’s simply not good enough. I will be closing this account ASAP .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

How do you know they are the ones at fault? Do you know when the payment was actually sent? Have they been able to confirm that the payment has in fact arrived and is waiting for them to process it? If they have confirmed that income payments are being processed, that would suggest there is nothing wrong on their side, unless there is an issue with your specific transaction....

Advertisement