Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Paper statements Ridiculous! Cannot DISABLE them!

• 11-06-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a savings account (Smart Access Account) with KBC. And there is no way to turn off paper statements in the app or on the phone. When I call them they say it is an ongoing issue.

Anyone else receiving excess paper statements from this type of KBC Account? It's also like we are receiving every letter duplicated! It's SPAM MAIL essentially!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭SteM

Qgirl wrote: »
    Do not worry KBC is leaving Ireland, soon they will close your account anyway.

They won't just close the account, they will offer to transfer it to another bank first. Also, define 'soon', they have no timeline yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I asked them years ago not to send me statements in the post. I asked them again about 18 months ago. They said they were obliged to send out a paper copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

I've the same account and this drives me nuts. I've asked them several times over the last few years but they keep saying they've no option. There's no legislative or regulatory requirement for them to send you a paper copy so it seems to be an issue with the way their systems are set up for that type of account. But I have two other KBC accounts also and get electronic statements for both of those so it's really just baffling! Such a horrible waste of paper and resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭i124Q

Still the same problem here. Its still pi**ING me off. I wonder how many people have smart access accounts? How have they not fixed this... Is there no law that says we have the right to refuse a letter from a company?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

They are getting out of the country.... fixing non essential things have a low priority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Id say they could save hundreds of thousands a year between paper, ink and labor if they got rid of it. It seems like the operation is mismanaged and its not a surprise to see that they can't make a go of it here TBH

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The entire free banking idea and the race to the bottom in asset management were complete FUs all across Europe. But the Irish boys then went one better and came up with financing product base on interest rates that were not remotely close to the financing costs.... And we thought back in the day that lending a billion $$$ to LTCM was as dumb as it could get...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

There is zero chance any part of their product structures or offerings will change from here on in. Whether they stay a month or six months this is not going to change.

Advertisement