Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Apart from work, he kept busy during the lockdown tipping away with a crime novel, but having written many books over the last decade – two of which have won National Book Awards –he doesn’t have as high hopes for this one. "It’s fiction based on real events around the crash. Half the time I think it’s a crime novel and it will be a crime if it’s ever published," he laughs. "I’m doing it for my own mental health; a novel lets you get a lot off your chest, it’s not you talking, it’s the narrator or characters.""

Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,560 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Maybe his new croyme novel is about bank shares collapsing and people being so stupid as to put every feckin cent under their management in them without a care in the wurdled, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

I've listened back twice to the fyre brigade lad.

He has lived and worked in Ireland for the last 35 years and got divorced in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hope he was thanked for his service before his divorce . I got a sense the new bride getting very anxious about his pension pot . You'd have to wonder ,if this fiore man was getting married , some planning might have been considered, calling Joe with a few days to go seems a little odd so to speak, by all accounts Joe seems to think he'll move mountains and various government agencies to assist this unfortunate fiore fighter, front line worker etc etc etc .

The discussion went from surreal to nonsense comparing ladder types and sizes 🙄

It was an epic "please F**K off caller moment"

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Is that a misprint ? €1.2m sounds very low, could it have been €12 mil or €120 mil sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I caught a bit of yesterdays show in the car.

A few things I took from it were:

Flying a drone over a mother and her kids is creepy.

Asking an 11 year old boy what was he wearing is perfectly fine.

A 40 year old building (The Arts Block in Trinity) is a modrin building.

Grandfather takes son fishing on a lake with a life jacket that doesn't work having already taught him how to drive a jeep on a farm is fine.

A few weeks ago when there was no alarm in a shed to detect slurry fumes Joe was awful upset.

joe in the private jet on his way to buried saint edmonds ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Damien today!!!! Joe at a funeral!

Actor picked a job with a unstable income and can't afford rent. I chose a stable job and also can't afford rent, tbh I'm the idiot here I shud have gone on the housing list when I turned 18 and I'd have better house now than I could ever dream of owning though working.

Woman for yest who was attacked by the drone

Man who turned hobby into income.

No clip from yesterday. No effort at all put into this show that probably costs thousands and thousands to broadcast and probably makes a loss for rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was missing yesterday , anything worth listening back to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

No Show for the Joe Show today so Farmer O'Reilly is managing to combine the hay with the cawlurs.

• An Actress is couchsurfing and is embarrassed for being between houses.
    • People smoking at the hospital door of Beaumont; is it time for them to ban smoking here and no butts about it?

• A clip from yesterday's show about the autistic child who was frightened by a drone. Just to show us that Joe is still in charge so to speak.
    • We all talk to a man who is a horologist. If we have time to cover it, of course.

All of this, allegedly, in an hour....

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Is it an acquaintance of Joe's being buried or is he just going to random funerals now to get his fix?

Like a methadone dose for an unwell person, so to speak.

• DAMO!!!!

ridiculous rents

something about smoke on way to Beaumont

autistic buoys & drive from yesterday, de drone

from hardhats to horology - are you changing career or dat?

If my memory serves me well I think the smoking outside hostibles produced gold in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Yes and no.

We got some 'Giddy Joe' during a story about a young lad saving his Grandad from drowning. (great lad by the sounds of him but Joe was being his giddy character)

We got some 'Populist Joe' agreeing without question with a mother who was extremely distressed because a drone was in her general area.

We got some 'Upset stomach Joe' where he burped and belched into the mic, rendering those poor headphone users incapacitated for an hour.

We also got some regular Joe, being rude and not listening to callers and diverting conversations down cul-de-sacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

a local romeo group has robbed a dead womans house died of cancer joe.

while family at funeral

this week robbed 91 year old couple they wont go back to scared.

that couple are 4 doors away from us i have my driver beside door if they want to have a go.

subhuman scum.

We can only hope they grow out of it when they get to age 30. Then all your worrys will be over caller.

This was the strategy of a professional probation worker. (Joe Duffy)

Joking aside the stress of that must be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I can see Damien bringing up the mica issue today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

oh i will fk dem up if they come here. they are miserable cowards though 91 yr old woman is there level.

worst part rob about 500e cause 30 to 50k worth of damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Things are bad when Damo is let back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Take matters into your own hands would be my only advice

Form a group, burgle their house, follow them from the dole office - take their cash

Force them out of their house, your only option, they know this country is soft, the law not enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Hope she has some relatives who are young males

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I just heard on the sports news that the newest victory for feminism is cricket changing their laws to replace batsman with batter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Absolutely nothing wrong with this wan's self esteem!

Entitled actor type

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

couch surfing my hole

you're in your 50's...get a real job

next

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

there are empty houses and rooms all over the country, outside of Dublin

is this the actual actor spayking or is it anudder actor portraying the said actor live from the montrose canteen ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭archfi

I feel her pain.

It is bloody awful out there - the worst it has ever been.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

joe loves a bit of batter on the long ray and chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement