Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help disabled driver choose a car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Altreab2

I am. Completely bamboozled with it all though.

and after finding the car with the specs you want go visit the dealers to see what the cars are like to use. Im finding that there are loads of cars that look great on sites but when i actually check them out i find they are unsuitable for me.
    For example the Peugeot 5008 ticked every single box for me until i went to try it out. Seat height was way too high for me transferring in but even more so trying to assemble the chair getting out. So best thing is make a list and spend a few days checking them out in the garage :)
    There is just no other way around it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Altreab2 wrote: »
    and after finding the car with the specs you want go visit the dealers to see what the cars are like to use. Im finding that there are loads of cars that look great on sites but when i actually check them out i find they are unsuitable for me.
    For example the Peugeot 5008 ticked every single box for me until i went to try it out. Seat height was way too high for me transferring in but even more so trying to assemble the chair getting out. So best thing is make a list and spend a few days checking them out in the garage :)

Will wait until I get my 2nd vaccine

Altreab2 wrote: »

I have one of those Electric Seat Raisers, which can be transferred from car to car.

Gael23 wrote: »
    Fiesta or Mini are probably best options then. Kia feed I think is 3 door too

Kia CEED aren't 3 door are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Kia CEED aren't 3 door are they?

The ceed pro gt line can be got in 3dr.

Very rare to see an auto one though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-ceed-pro-1-0-t-gdi-98-2-isg-53-per-week/24661049

3dr petrol one here but manual box

The ceed pro gt line can be got in 3dr.

Very rare to see an auto one though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-ceed-pro-1-0-t-gdi-98-2-isg-53-per-week/24661049

3dr petrol one here but manual box

No good. Can only drive automatic

What about a Ford Fiesta MHEV Auto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do they do the auto in a 3 door

Handy price list shows ex VRT and VAT pricing

https://www.ford.ie/content/dam/guxeu/ie/Documents/Pricelists/Cars/PL-ford_new_fiesta_2021.pdf

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do they do the auto in a 3 door

Handy price list shows ex VRT and VAT pricing

https://www.ford.ie/content/dam/guxeu/ie/Documents/Pricelists/Cars/PL-ford_new_fiesta_2021.pdf

On import AFAIK

• Advertisement

Try and find somewhere with a 3 door fiesta and see if it will actually be big enough for you to get the chair in

Hi guys

Am just wondering....do Audi have a 3 door automatic car in their range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I just went on Carzone and put in 3 door and automatic in their filters. Audi A1 came up - among others.

fits wrote: »
    I just went on Carzone and put in 3 door and automatic in their filters. Audi A1 came up - among others.

I went onto Audi's website, and the option didn't come up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I went onto Audi's website, and the option didn't come up?

Do you want brand new ?

fits wrote: »
    Do you want brand new ?

Dunno? Is it not available in brand new cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Ring up a garage a check what they can do if going new. Afaik adapted vehicles can have reduced or removed vrt/ vat? May make it more affordable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the problem is that the OP wants/needs a 3dr hatchback which manufacturers generally stopped producing over the last number of years. Outside of cars like the Fiat 500 or MINI they generally cannot be got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Fiesta steel 1.4 triptronic 3dr including mett. Paint 18705

Less v.r.t. 3575

Less allowance 02 micra 3dr auto 6130

Balance due 9000

Vat content 2000approx

In relation to this quotation, can someone please explain to me where the Ford "fleet" discount, which, as a member of the IWA, I am entitled to, is???
    Surely that would bring the price of the car down even further...........?

MM

How the hell are you getting those figures?

Truckermal wrote: »
    How the hell are you getting those figures?

He went back in time to 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Ah I presumed this was all recent.

• Advertisement

Nah, we are a few cars in at this stage :)

Lol!!

Hi guys n gals

It's that time again.......I'm looking at changing my car.

I have to wait until after the OH changes hers(until the vat & vrt comes back), before I can change my car.

Are there any cars out there worth considering?

I'm looking for a 3 door automatic.

Also, it needs NOT to have one of those stupid bulky centre consoles that get in the way of me lifting my wheelchair into the passenger seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Oops!

I have a Yaris Auto here if i would suit?

Very little 3 door new cars being made now. The Ford Fiesta is one of the few remaining new 3 door cars on sale these days but I'd say you will struggle to find a 3 door auto anywhere in the country but you should ring a few dealers to see if they can check on stock or source one.

The only other 3 door I can think of is the MINI:

https://www.carsireland.ie/2914968

Mini's are mega expensive. Can a Fiesta 3 door automatic be gotten on import?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Surely there's any gods amount of 5 door yokes that have a door opening that's as wide if not wider than a 3dr fiesta or mini?

Are suv/mpv type cars out of the question due to seating height Mickey?

OK guys. My OH has bought her car, and I have 10k to spend, which means I'm not going to be able to spend more than 20k on a car cos the maximum amount of a loan I can get is 10k.

So, going on those figures, I'm again looking for advice on a 3 door automatic car.

I'm confused, are you looking at second hand cars now or still brand new?

Not a chance. New cars are just getting more and more expensive especially in auto. That and 3dr cars are nearly gone.

OP has a trade in too though, what is it, a (rough enough?) 11 3 door DSG 1.2 TSI? Would still be worth a few grand.

I think you’re snookered with new cars though, as mentioned last time round, there just isn’t a 3 door car out there new that suits. I’d recommend trying some 5 door stuff and hopefully you’ll have the clearance you need to get the chair in the drivers door.

Do you know you can claim the VAT and residual VRT back on a used car?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-zetec-1-0-ecob-automatic/28113331

There’s €2500 VRT to claim back on this for example (you’d need to ensure VRT was actually paid on the particular car though, it may well have been exempt too given what it is)

I think Ford were doing a 7 year warranty on these too?

3 door 2010 Auto Golf TSI. 80,000 km on it atm. Body needs a bit of work though. A few scratches & bumps on it.

• Advertisement

Close enough!

if that Fiesta is €16k and you could claim 2500 VRT on it, that would be €13500, I believe you can claim 23% VAT off that, which would be €10975 minus whatever the Golf is worth. To a garage it might be €975.

10 grand.

Just rang a Ford dealer near where I live & a 3 door automatic Fiesta cannot be got for love nor money!!!?? Don't know what car to look at next???

3 door automatics aren't being done anywhere apart from Volkswagen, it seems??

......and I can't afford a new Volkswagen. Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and check out some 4 doors??

If you sell it privately you will. Realistically a dealer won’t give you over the odds for it, but that’s the price you pay to not have to deal with buyers 😆

your budget is used car rather than new car.

Went to my local VW dealer today to get them to fix something on my car for me. While I was there, I got a salesman to take a look at it for me. He valued it between €2,500 - 3,000. Guess I'm going to have to look elsewhere......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,448 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@OP What about a Suzuki Swift? No three door and not sure if they do an auto but worth checking out.

There is a CVT Suzuki Swift just over 20thosand but maybe you could get it down a bit if it suites you.

Maybe the new Opel Corsa might.

Peugeot 208 maybe.

Renault Clio is very spacious.

Dacia Sandero also.

A Fiat Tipo might be in your budget too and maybe suit you if you can find a dealer near you.

Not sure how many of them have an auto just a few suggestions most are only 5 dour do. Very few three door new cars these day unfortunatly.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Sat in a 5 door Clio today. Very cramped imo. Not a hope of me being able to lift my wheelchair into it.

What do you realistically think it’s worth to a garage, being 11 years old and by your own admission a bit rough?

Was thinking pretty much that amount. There aren't that many suitable options around.....? Am waiting on a call back from a Seat dealer

Received this email today re a new Nissan Micra. Advice/comments please

Finance quote. Trade in valuation:

This is a quick email to send you a quotation we have written up for you. You can open and view it in your own time. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or give me a call.

This quote is valid for 7 days VRT - €3,595(VAT) - €2,758.13(VRT)

Nissan NEW MICRA 1.0 SV CVT MY21

Vehicle Price€23845
    Add-Ons: Supagard Paint and Fabric Protection:+ €299
    €24144
    Extended Warranty 24:+ €399 €24543
    Less Deposit:- €10000
    €14543
    Less Trade-In:- €4000
    €10543Total Balance Due:€10543

FinanceDuration (Months)Monthly Payment36€131.11 

Email: michael@na