Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Ah, I'm out callers, will listen back later - after work - so I can pay my rent. Enjoy! 😃

• “Wow I can’t really afford a Philippine cleaner and I have to clean after myself”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

50% rent increase over 3 years? I'm calling bullshi1t on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"I've just been waiting for my lucky day for the last ten years"

The world is all against this fella or so he thinks.

No wonder hes single

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lucky day....**** off lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Deeec

Jesus none of us got a lucky break Mr - we worked and planned in order to have our own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

While not sounding as enitled as Jennifer yesterday, Peter is also absolving himself from any responsibilty for the predicament he find himself in. He seems it's just that he hasn't had the luck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Does this clown know what interest rates were back in 1981 , mother of God has Ireland turned into a nation of self entitled whinge bags

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• “For a man it’s different”

Dinosaur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Waiting for his Lotto win.

Bollocks to that.

I can understand he feels shytty about the goal ever being out of reach, and it's certainly true that property was more obtainable, also that landlords have become greedy bastards.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Exactly Damien, these callers seem to think people with mortgages have a great life all together

• Accelerated consumerism, and commensurate lack of forward planning is what is really behind the crisis that is hitting a lot of people broaching middle age now. Yes, young people should be on the alert, and not fall into the same trap. The taxpayer is going to have an enormous headache with lack of pension planning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

wait what ?

he has saved 10k from january 2020 till now ???

So he can save roughly €500 a month ??

yeah I have zero sympathy for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This bloke is an entitled dick. Does he think he is genuinely entitled to a house without doing some hard work or sacrifice?

• I have single friends of my own vintage or thereabouts who have, on a very meagre salary, now paid their mortgage and secure in their retirement. The culture when they started out was to save and fo without. Since that, though, there have been so many consumeristic distractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure what these callers hope to achieve by these calls?

The system ain't going to change. If anything it's only going to get tougher.

If it allows them to release some stress then that might be all they get. But there are plenty of 'poor me' case's out there who have planned badly and are now looking for someone else to fix their mistakes.

And if you can't afford to live in Dublin as an actor, sorry but maybe either acting or Dublin isn't for you, and you may have to take a different job to make ends meet.

And Damo obsessed with whether rent is less than a mortgage. That's irrelevant to these case's, as they didn't qualify for mortgages. And there is no positive of renting being mentioned, like all those renters who weren't left in massive negative equity between 2008 and 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

it's ridiculous.

My now wife and I saved for 4 years, 15 years ago to save for a house.

plus he is on course to have a deposit saved soon, in 5 years time he will have €40k saved at this rate....

I'm 54, single, mortgage I'm feeling terribly entitled and ashamed 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Deeec

Exactly - Im married with 3 kids ( 3 money drains!) - my single ( childless ) friends have way more disposable income than we do. Just because we have a double income doesnt mean we have more left at the end of the month.

ah great ! religious nonsense coming up !!

The rocks are different, there.

A better quality of sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

were any of the Tuam crowd on the pilgrimage to Medjugorje ?

• Renting is fine if you are set to inherit enough to put a modest roof over your head in middle age, but folk who have no hope of this and no pension plan are in big trouble.

Holiday romance, Fadder.

FOrget about it.

Meanwhile pilgrimages 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

he is looking for the roide back in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Is that Tommy Tiernan?