Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing analogue tv cables from a house

Options
  • 23-09-2021 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but I was wondering if anyone knew who to contact about removing old tv cables from a house.

I live in a row of terraced houses and across the front of them all are the individual cables for the old analogue tv line and connection boxes that are no longer needed. Who would I need to contact to have these all removed as they are quite ugly looking?

Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,530 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are likely now being used for providing broadband if Virgin is the provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 damo3000

Hmm, good point, I'll get in touch with them and see if they own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Be careful with this stuff. If you start taking or asking for coaxial lines to be removed from your property then you may very well cut off all your neighbors broadband and obviously your own. This will provide two things. You being absolutely hated by everyone on your road and also a reduction in services to your property which is an ideal way of Lessining it's value to potential purchaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 damo3000

I was under the impression that they were just the old analogue tv cables. If they also provide the broadband then of course I would not ask for them to be removed. I was only looking for them to be removed if they were of absolutely no use.

Advertisement