Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ger telling them to pick up their vomit and put it in their pockets had me in bits. "Dont you stain this beach, people walk here"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Most surprising thing is they've given her loads of warnings and feck all punishment because of it. One of the DS described it as silent insubordination. You'd be put through some hardship for that on the real course I'd say.

She seems to have a problem with authority and I didnt think she would come across as she is due to being a footballer where youre part of a team and used to "reporting to management" and being disciplined.

Also, I see someone else mentioned Underdogs where she played the DS role and I agree she should really know better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Another week, we go again

This is more like Fear Factor than hell week....

Barely any physical tasks that break people down. Only one so far.

• Advertisement

Twice now Rory has failed and been allowed to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭The Silver Branch

Rory🤣 Again.

Rory fails a 3rd time and still stays.

Yet another Fear Factor event

Jaysus, the size of Rory and he wouldn't pull two dead cats out of the fire😂

Rory can't say a few words without tearing up

• Advertisement

The dancer is very hot. Seems decent aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

She has the most unsettling eyes I've ever seen

I like Stephanie Roche. Comes across as a very genuine girl. Nice smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Jake Carter is getting practically zero screen time. Why is that I wonder?

To thine own self be true

Fecker must be going to last near the end and get his coverage then would be my guess.

Talk about killing a good show. Typical rte give it the z list celebrity season. Rubbish

This is absolutely boring, fancy looking challenges but this is nothing like previous seasons, where they just broke contestants through gruelling physical and mental challenges.

2 contestants gave up in scratch last week and they gave them 5 chances to change their minds and stay.

Get rid of Rory, all he does is cry, it's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That helicopter extraction was far too much fun for Hell Week. And I do think that Cork Harbour in fairly benign weather isn't half the challenge of the Glen of Imaal in mid winter.

But I am enjoying it, its a good personal challenge for each, even though Valerie Mulcahy is ADHD personified.

My money is on Melanie Nocher to last the course. Apart from the fact we don't see her yet I know from a pal in the NSC that she was a machine as a competition swimmer, one of the hardest trainers out there and psychologically tough as nails.

Wow had no idea who that was. Haven't heard from her at all!

Just as I thought before the show started, they've gone away from the gruelling group events to break people down to having individual events where basically it's not about physical strength, it's more mental.

4 drop outs from 18 in 3 weeks. They'd never allow that to happen in the regular version.

The challenges yesterday weren't even challenges.

Bungee from a bridge - only those with a fear of heights would struggle. Most of them probably enjoyed it.

Helicopter lift - they all enjoyed that

Fire rescue - 10/15 minutes of heat/lifting, not that bad

Jumping into cold water - bleh

They're all just having fun, its bollox to watch. I'm like "I'd love to do that looks great craic"

Regular season I'd be like "**** that"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think its becasue its all for charidee that they're not dropping contestants at the rate they normally would in the regular version. Otherwise Rorys stories would have been gone in the first episode, same with a few others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'm out. The challenges are too soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm laughing at you all saying the challenges are easy. The first hour in there and the DSs roaring at me, I'd be out the door 🤣

The helicopter lift looked like fun alright and especially in pairs but I thought the bridge drop was brutal.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Yeah it's more like a team building exercise in some adventure park than actual misery.

Bungee off a bridge is only a problem for those scared of heights. Lifted by a heli, people would pay for this. 10/15 minutes in a fire, not that tough. Jumping into cold water, you'd get through it.

If this was the regular series, most of the women would be gone by now. There'd be far more physically demanding stuff. All we're gonna get is lads like Jake Carter and Stephanie Roche making it through and thinking they're tough as ****.

We only see about 10 minutes of footage in house each episode. You don't see all the time the contestants are left to themselves. The DS's aren't going to be there 24/7, they have to go home and relax.

I suppose you'd have to be there to really know. We're getting an edited little package.

However what's making it appear a lot softer than the normal episodes, and a bit of a joke, is Rory's stories and Valerie Mulcahy surviving.

Rory, emotionally, mentally and physically isn't near the standard. A nice fella, with a few issues, like most of us. But like most of us isn't good enough. This is meant to be survival for ultras. He's about as ultra as my sheep dog Rover.

Valerie Mulcahy should be long gone for attitude, 'silent insubordination' etc. She comes across as someone who would be a pain to deal with in the real world.

Imagine Rory getting into the Waffen SS😂

Special forces are like that, various 'Imperial Guard' etc. It's Spartan stuff, the elite of elite of forces who go in and get a job done.

We want 1 or 2 out of 24 making it. Looks like we'll end up with 12 out of 24 here. Some egos, that aren't in need of pampering already, will be inflated more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think mulcahy seems to be a very arrogant woman. Must be that winning a good few all Ireland’s, be that in women’s gaa before it became as popular as it is now, must turn some girls into a bit of a superstar in their own heads. Rena Buckley seems fine tho and she won a lot more.

I don't even notice half the things Mulcahy is supposed to do. I think the DS's are doing it all for camera.

Like he brought up the fact she called him bud getting onto the bus, hours later. Of course the cameras wouldn't have been running getting onto the bus.

• Advertisement

Awful arrogant. I'd say she was always that. Can see her as a smartass bully in school.

Advertisement