Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Only if you fail to mention the internal bleeding in FG and the coalition at large - FG dropping like a stone in polls. Weeks of negative headlines and trust broken within the coalition. Like one of those marriages of convenience where they turn up to family events pretend to be happy for weddings and communions, but everybody knows and whispers, and everyone knows the truth.

Indeed, a treble n0ThinG BUrgeR with cheese, special sauce and a side of taco fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No one gives a **** Yurt, theres no election for three and a half years.

By the time it does come around, this stuff will be forgotten dust in the ether and FG and FF will frighten people into not giving SF a workable majority, again, and will lead a new coalition into the 2030s.

I know it and as you read this man, I know you know it too.

I'll eat a boiled shoe if this coalition goes full-term. You're utterly delusional if you think FF will ever countenance a tie-up with FG again or even allow this red-headed stepchild of a coalition go to full-term. Talk to anyone from the grassroots of the FF movement to all the way up to TD level if you can get them to speak frankly. Thier p*ss is boiled by the arrangement, and that's with them in the Taoiseach's seat.

And you're dead right on one thing and one thing only, FG are trying lowball American pollster communication strategies to try to scare the monocle dropping classes out of voting SF, even that's not working. SF as an electoral force, as deeply upsetting as it is to you, has changed the Irish political map forever - and it will be at FG's expense the next election, which is another Zappone moment away from happening.

They say a week and a half is a long time in politics. 3 and a half years is an eternity and with some of the arrogant dunderheads in the blue side of the coalition, the next calamity is just around the corner.

Everything else you posted is from the mind of a daydreaming child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

How can you be so sure about when the next election is?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

I really wouldn't bother if I was you, the behaviour of the poster you're arguing with and some other FG apologists on this thread has been nothing short of utterly embarrassing and its waste of time even interacting with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Any word who will be her replacement for the envoy gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Talk to anyone from the grassroots of the FF movement to all the way up to TD level if you can get them to speak frankly. Thier p*ss is boiled by the arrangement, and that's with them in the Taoiseach's seat.

can confirm this, the knives are out in my local FG branch for Martin and several others who I will leave unnamed for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You have been calling this a nothing burger for weeks and saying each day that it all over and then you go and make a show of yourself coming back here for a big bite of the flesh and saying its a nothing burger again while its bubbling away

Its the final nail in FGs coffin,they have handed over the reins now to the most corrupt party in the history of the Irish state to try and find a new partner to make up a goverment in the next election.

FG will now go down in history as the defunct party of the wealthy, blueshirt facism and cronyism to be maybe mentioned in the same category to young political students as Ailtiri na HAiseirghe, the PDs and Renua

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Well said, I got bored of their nonsense here and on other threads, utterly incoherent claptrap mostly completely unrelated to the actual thread topic but mainly just Gibberish and childish deflection, even when proven wrong and tripped up by their own previous posts, they still persist in embarrassing themselves.

Ultimately the appointment was stopped, FG proven to be playing Shenanigans and latterly silly games. It's not quite over yet, Harris presumably still seriously considering his absurd position and FG damaged (Rightly by this entire fiasco)

The FG defenders are about to have their hands full in the coming few weeks with the a **** show of problems of their making coming down the tracks, I'm looking forward to analysing the next phase of this farcical coalition 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Forgive me as I'm not exactly what you could call a regular in here, but I'll admit to being prone to pop in from time to time, and it's usually when I've got some downtime from work and there's nothing on the TV. However I'm semi-familiar with your posts in here, simply because someone said something very very funny about you using the "nothing burger" phrase, and them being unfamiliar with it as they "didn't watch Nickelodeon" (I'll admit I got a laugh at that)

But what exactly have you been correct about on this thread that went against the grain so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

They need the skills to make up the spec for the job and be an expert at cronyism. Skills that might be in short supply these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Too late in the tenure to bother now. A potentially great opportunity squandered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was just reading through the Code of Conduct for politicians written by SIPO who are supposed to hold them to account but are forever missing in action when these scandals pop up

Office holders in particular should -

• act only by reference to and dedicate the resources of their offices in furtherance of the public interest
    • make decisions and encourage and support the making of decisions on merit and without discrimination
    • not be influenced in their official duties by personal considerations
    • be accountable for their decisions
    • protect the integrity of the offices they hold
    • respect confidences entrusted to them in the course of their official duties

https://www.sipo.ie/documents/english/Code-of-Conduct-for-Office-Holders-.pdf

By Coveney attempting to pull his crony stroke he has broken five out of six points above. Will we be seeing accountability for all his breaches of the Code of Conduct for office holders? Will we fcuk and so the cronyism of FG will carry on with zero consequences from the so called regulator of politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Too late to wha?

It's only weeks since she turned it down, and will make the Irish nation forever pining for the one that got away.

How can it be "too late in the tenure" to bother now? 6/7 weeks or so later is too late.....are you on a piss take lar, you wee rascal?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It is a list system should you be elected to a higher office or other. I am sure their are many Cllr that have their relatives on their list of replacements, this is all provided when you are voting at the local elections.

Catherine Connolly is now in her second term as a TD so her cllr seat was available to anyone in the local election 2019. While her Sister was voted in to the council in 2019.

I wouldn't fully agree with her politics but I think she's one of our best TDs. Certainly far above Zappone.

We're in the realm of parody now. The only people missing Katherine from the UN in New York are the maître d's of East Midtown Manhattan restaurants.

• Advertisement

This guy is out there at the best of time but............ 😁

"Senator calls on ministers Simon Harris and Patrick O’Donovan to take a polygraph test over alleged Cabinet leak sting - Independent.ie" https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/senator-calls-on-ministers-simon-harris-and-patrick-odonovan-to-take-a-polygraph-test-over-alleged-cabinet-leak-sting-40880738.html

Utter tosh and wishful thinking. You're projecting a reality onto the circumstances which simply isn't borne out by any evidence.

For instance, why would Simon Harris be considering his position?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

Rumour has it that PBP is going recommend another great feminist in ex TD Ruth Coppinger, I'm sure she would be available to represent us in our hour of need.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ronan Mullen might be bat sh1t crazy but as a constitutional lawyer he raises a good point- breaching cabinet confidentiality as Simon Harris did is against the Irish Constitution

The confidentiality of discussions at meetings of the Government shall be respected in all circumstances save only where the High Court determines that disclosure should be made in respect of a particular matter

i      in the interests of the administration of justice by a Court, or

ii      by virtue of an overriding public interest, pursuant to an application in that behalf by a tribunal appointed by the Government or a Minister of the Government on the authority of the Houses of the Oireachtas to inquire into a matter stated by them to be of public importance.

So we have Harris breaking the Irish Constitution, Varadkar under an active criminal investigation and Coveney in breach of the Code of Conduct from SIPO.

But still no accountably for any of them, its the Fine Gael way.

You've just proved my point, bluster, incoherent ranting and not actually understanding or reading posts.

If you we're actually following this thread rather than jumping in on a whim, you'd understand what I mean about Harris seriously considering his position ( The position he's put himself in we're by he's "seriously considering lodging a complaint re his character being slighted, as in requesting Dail record be corrected)

He's failed to do so to date and most of us right thinking people know why.

The rest of your nonsense, undeserving of a response

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I hope they fill this role fast, I'm not sure how long more the country will be able to limp on without a special envoy on freedom of expression. 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rocjohn

Lord Coveney of Crosshaven and Leinster House stated in his evidence Zappone was the best person for the job.

Tens of thousands of Irish Defence Forces Personnel of all ranks have served in all types of positions, managerial, administrative , executive ,representative etc in the United Nations including of course in peace enforcing and peacekeeping roles in war zones. Defence Forces Personnell both serving and retired have served as Peace envoys ,election monitors etc throughout the world.

One such peace envoy worked very closely on the former Yugoslavian territories peace treaties.

Defence Force Personnel,serving and retired probably have the most extensive and useful experience of working in the UN of any country in the world.

Katherine Zappone is a failed government minister ,without any achievement ,sacked by her constituents in the last election and without a smidgeon of the experience of any ,its worth repeating ,any Irish Defence Force Personnel who served in the UN.

As Minister for Defence has a massive pool of massively qualified people to choose from,but he rejected all of them in favour of Zappone.

The Minister for Defence has given the two fingers to those who serve in the DF and has unambigously affirmed to the Irish People that KZ is a better and more qualified candidate for a UN role than any of them.

In very,very difficult circumstances many have put their lives in great danger and have lost their lives serving the UN yet this Mountebank Grifter Zappone runs for the cowards foxhole as soon as she is rumbled and refuses to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

It's hard to offer a job to anyone else when the only candidate creates the job out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

She probably has a registered trademark on the job title knowing her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Advertisement