Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actraiser remake! Where the **** did that come from!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

Chris Pratt as Mario? WTF?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bayonetta 3 looking great. Love the new hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now the question is how much extra for the NSO membership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Presume there won't be a nice Xbox Live like conversion, wherby if you stack NSO in advance you get the upgrade until that expires.

• Advertisement

I wonder. Like if you have more than a year do you have to pay the extra to cover the duration.

So I'm guessing Mario was between Chris Pratt and Ryan Reynolds, but since Ryan is Pikachu, Chris gets Mario

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sin & Punishment on N64 and MUSHA on MegaDrive? Yes please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched it in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep.

Not bad at all. Loved the look of Kirby and the Castlevania collection. Might dip back into Animal Crossing too.

Was looking forward to some GB/GBC action, but nothing happened there.

The N64 is interesting. It depends on how much it costs. I have a family pass, so what will it add to the €27-ish I paid last week?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught up on the Direct there now; that was a surprisingly strong lineup; my thoughts in no particular order being...

• That Kirby trailer left a huge smile on my face; I could listen to the soft tap of Kirby's run cycle all day.
    • Do we know if these N64 games have any performance boost applied to them? It's a pity there's next to no chance of 3rd party games appearing.
    • Genesis as well though? Holy shít; awesome!
    • Disco Elysium on the Switch; finally! I do wonder how readable that text will be on portable mode though 'cos 99.9% of my gaming is that way
    • Damn that Actraiser remaster looks good. Never got into the original as found the base-building a little too fiddly.
    • Chris Pratt as Mario is the lazy choice, obviously reaching for some star power (though Pratt has comedy chops)

• Advertisement

Yuzo koshiro said that actraiser will have an arranged soundtrack and an option to use the snes one.

He also said all the new tracks for the new areas he also recorded version on an actual snes.

The man is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Its good they ditched the placeholder name Project Triangle Strategy and are now going with the infinitely more creative title of Triangle Strategy :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

N64 games will be a fun addition to NSO, assuming they don't do something stupid with the add-on pricing. Mega Drive games are also a good shout and it's interesting how much of that lineup overlaps with the Mega Drive Classics Collection - unless you really want the rpgs from that collection you're probably as well off with the offerings on NSO to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hopefully with Miyamoto's involvement the Mario movie will be something special and different. Charles Martinet is also doing voice work in addition to Chris Pratt. So, I'm thinking we've got a 2D Video Game Mario voiced by Martinet and 3D "real world" voiced by Pratt. And Mario will jump in and out of each dimension just like in Mario Odyssey.

I wish you could buy the retro Nintendo games you want on the eshop rather than having to rent them.

Kirby looks fun. I wonder how open world it is.

Bayonetta 3 is ... Bayonetta. I couldn't get into this series. But it looks like they are delivering the goods.

Not sure if it was bad editing but the main presenter looked very cross when it switched back to him from Miyamoto.

Also hopefully once this movie is out, and amusement parks done, M can produce a few more games before he bows out.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I think we will get a free trial/add-on period to try out the new NSO+ content. However, with this being Nintendo, it'll be limited to 7 days probably. Ideally they would upgrade every membership purchased before the Direct aired until the next subscription renewal but that ain't gonna happen!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding the speed of N64 games, the hope would be that they run at NTSC speeds, so much better.

While it's unlikely we will see Goldeneye, 1080°, Waverace 64 and Pilotwings would be must haves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just rewatching there, Shadow Run Trilogy coming too. Been wanting to try these for a while. Supposed to be some of the best cRPGs out there.

The first game is very bare bones and more like a trial run. Might be better off starting with the expansion packs as they focus more on being a good single player experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Would they be mad enough to go full retro and release 50Hz roms in the pal region? Hope not. https://youtu.be/EOjE2Ak0p_g

The Snes games have been running at NTSC speeds, as far as I know, so that bodes well for the N64 titles.

Fingers and toes crossed, it'll be readily apparent in the early reviews if they are full speed or not.

Personally, I am hoping Mario 64 and Waverace 64 (if it comes along) have rumble support.

Those two games got a re-release in Japan with rumble support, after the release of the peripheral with Starfox 64, and it's very effective, especially on Waverace, I have it for my actual N64 and it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

If this is true. This is absolute bullsh1t.

I won't be paying the extra bob if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, really annoyed me after paying so much you got borders and slowdown on PAL back in the day ... But ...

Fear not , looks like you can easily download NTSC 60 hz version from US site ... Watch end of this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Completely forgot you could do that .. I have the Famicom and Super Famicom apps as well. I'm hoping once I buy the expansion pack that they won't region lock the subscription. I know the base sub isn't region locked but you never know with Nintendo...

So the final Smash fighter reveal is tomorrow, but did you know that Nintendo Life have an Indie Spotlight tonight at 8pm?

Last year, Cathedral, Kitaria Fables and Alwa's Legacy were all announced, so there could be some nice surprises tonight.

I'm only realising now that the NSO Expansion Pack is possibly so called after the N64 Expansion pak

Well, you are not going to be able to play Majora's Mask without it, so it's accurate!

Wonder when we'll get the presentation. Maybe get the announcement after today's presentation. Though also have the Animal Crossing one this month as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 deeznuts420

>bing bing wahoo letsa go

Advertisement