Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Never used it while driving. For me it works fine. Try the usuals delete data app, reinstall. Make sure you have good connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I was at home, clocking the wife on the motorway... some speeds 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Anyone know how to get a Tesla Model 3 to talk to a Oneplus 8Pro? The Bluetooth link is needed for the car and the phone to allow talk and music. They won't behave so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is the phone able to connect to the car? Is that the issue or do you have another issue like you cannot get any function to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

In order to actually get music and answer calls etc in the car, they need to link up by bluetooth. And that’s the bit where my phone, a OnePlus 8pro, and the Tesla Model 3 don’t like each other! From what I’ve read online most recent Android phones will link with Teslas via Bluetooth. The onePlus 8pro seems to have a particular difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So I've had a SR+ FSD loaner for guts of a week.

Coming from a 2015 85S with air suspension it has a harsher ride, the range is shorter and when I charged at a 50kW public charger the speeds were similar (probably as expected, haven't looked up the 3 voltage).

Build is better, seats are better and it's a lot more "solid" all around, the bonnet seems flimsy and the boot too small for me. Handles, I got used to instantaneously, same with screen and buttons etc, nice the way you can slide your hand around all the edges of the screen to steady the "pointing" finger, don't have this with embedded screen on the S. Not mad on the small steering wheel either nor the screen size. Don't miss the instrument cluster.

FSD does nothing for me, on motorway I thought it would pass a slower car (on navigation) but it just stays in lane, had a ghosting break where a van ahead of me was turning off and had left my lane but the car decided to hit the brakes anyhow (this does not happen on AP1).

Overall it's a meh rating from me, would I get one when it comes time to move on my S, I'm not jumping up and down at that prospect.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

FSD is useless over here thanks to stupid EU implemented UNECE rules. The only benefit to having FSD in a new Tesla is to avoid disabling AP to change lane yourself.

I'd agree with most of your assessment but I did miss the second instrument cluster!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd be the exact opposite to you guys...

I had a 2017 S90D loaner for a day, and although it was plenty quick, and plenty roomy, and plenty soft on the lumps & bumps... I have to say when I got back into my 3, it just felt so much nicer to drive, I felt so much more connected to the car/road/drive, and yes, so much nicer with the smaller steering wheel... the S wheel felt like i was driving a bus it was so big.... I did also like the smaller display behind the wheel, but I didn't miss it when I got back into the 3.

If I was rolling up/down motorways all day every day, the S of course would be a great car for doing so, but for a combination of all driving types, the Model 3 can't be beaten...

If the new Model S has some of the same driving feel as the Model 3 has, then I'd have one in a heartbeat. I also seriously hope the new Model S when it comes to Europe has a proper CCS socket on it, as I wouldn't want to be dropping north of €100k on a car, and have to use a fiddly adaptor to plug it in at most charging stations...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

So after 20 months of ownership said goodbye to Blusain Bolt today off to its new owner in a hassle free transaction. Car was flawless, no issues, no panel gaps 😂. Never had a car before that had so few issues and worked so flawlessly. Also never had a car before depreciate so little during my ownership. Now I am out of tesla I would make the following observations.

The good

1. Acceleration is fun, but only for a while.
    2. Instant response never gets old.
    3. Supercharging network was great.
    4. Never once used the granny charger or an on street charger.
    5. Range anxiety is only in your head or for the unprepared.
    6. Never steps out of line unless you want it to.
    7. Good in snow.
    8. Kids loved it.

The bad

1. Safety systems a bit overly aggressive to intrude.
    2. Looks are only really alright.
    3. Wind noise is a bit much on the motorway.
    4. The subscription service is a nickle and dime plunder job.
    5. Handling is a bit numb, never really eggs you on car really want you to relax into a cruise.

As far as I am concerned as a car its truly excellent but not without its flaws. Tesla owners can also be a bit fanboyish too. Doubt this is the last tesla I will own. EV's are certainly the way of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Spotted this in the car park in Mahon Point close to the superchargers. Will call in once it's opened!

• Advertisement

Went back to version 3.10 of the Tesla Android app, v4 was unbearably slow and unreliable, was looking at the loading circle more than doing useful things with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

That sold quick! In fairness you had it well priced. Did someone by privately or did a dealer buy it off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Was a private sale on adverts...much better than the dealer offers. I think at the kment the model 3 is the hottest car out there. I lost only 7k from new in 20 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LarryBarry

Hi all,

question what is the answer for insurance reasons when they ask if car has alarm tracker or immobiliser for model 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LarryBarry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

What did you move to? Stay in EV or back to ICE?

Hopefully I'll win the lotto and join him!!

• Advertisement

Too small even if I had the Mula. Will keep the 3 or maybe get a new 3 or Y depending on when the latter happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Do we know if the MIC SR+ arriving now have option to upgrade to heated steering wheel? I'm hearing mixed reports...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Does anyone else have to pull down twice on the drive stalk to get it into drive?

Almost every single time I get in and out my foot on the brake and pull the lever down, nothing happens. Always works on the second go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Not here.

But speaking of the drive stalk, I only copped on the other day you can change direction (forward to reverse or vice versa) at very low speed without needing to hit the brake or be stationary. Makes maneuvering in tight spaces a doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I am having this issue in the last few months, sometimes it works the first time and then it complains it cannot activate autosteer as I am used to double tap all the time to make it go into drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Did you know that the indicators can be stopped by moving to stalk in the direction you signal? i.e. if you signal a right turn if you press right again stops. Having said that I don't really like how it handles jumping from right to left. Say you're at a roundabout and you intend to take the third exit You're signaling right and when you past the second exit try to signal left for the exit. You have to press hard for the left indicators to show.

Sorry @mfceiling didn't experience that. My wife does but that is a different topic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

My wife does but that is a different topic :D

Yep. Thats a whole thread right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I get the same and I think it's to do with the power on sequece of the car. Wait until all the warning symbols go out before hitting the drive.

I'm replying in this thread to the Tesla questions from the i4 discussion https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058169693/bmw-i4/p4:

LR shows up as € 64,424

M3P is € 71,951, so €7500 difference for performance upgrade, from 4.4s to 100km/h and 233km/h max speed to 3.3s to 100km/h and 261km/h max speed,

plus:

1. 20’’ Überturbine Wheels
    2. Performance Brakes
    3. Carbon fiber spoiler
    4. Aluminum alloy pedals
    5. Lowered suspension

Also, track mode and ability to change front-to-rear power distribution

When I got mine, the difference was less than 4k, so it was worth it then. Even with 7500 difference, I'd say most of that will be recovered when selling, and in the meantime you drive a Performance.

• Advertisement

something to look forward to...

Advertisement