Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event Confirmed

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just collected my 256gb Pro (upgrading from the 11 Pro) and it feels so nice in hand, it's a shame to put a case on it but needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

3 are offering the 13 pro on prepay for €1,080 which is cheaper than apple direct - is there any reason for this does anyone know? Assumed as it was pre-pay it would be unlocked but maybe thats the catch that it would be locked to their network

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It would be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭drogon.

Just to add it can be unlocked, but all you need to do is spend €130 credit in top up to get it unlocked. I usually top up €20 a month so got mine unlocked in 7 months last time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This is going to sound petty in the extreme but when I was rubbing my finger along the SIM card tray it feels rough. Like it's not fully flush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Picked up 256 graphite PM in CompuB today cancelled my apple order now all I need to do is sell my 12PM 🤔

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Waiting around all day, and just checked tracking and says delayed by one day. Worst thing when you’ve to disrupt your day hanging around for them to cancel last minute.

First time not having the new iPhone on launch day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

That's heart breaking.

Nothing worse than expecting it on the day then it doesn't arrive...last year i had major problems with UPS, and it wasn't delivered till 9pm that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Not too bothered that it didn’t arrive, it’s the fact they leave you waiting all day. You have to disrupt your day and make sure you’re home.

One of the downsides of Apple doing Friday delivery’s, If they mess up you’re waiting till 3 days later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Maybe it's because I am coming from an XR and am used to a thicker bezel, but I am finding the accidental touch/swipe detection on the 13 to be not as good as previous models. I am constantly putting my home screen into edit mode or swiping up into notification centre on the lock screen without intending to. Also just swiping past a Youtube video is enough to start it playing - but maybe that's google up to their old tricks.

Anyone else find this or is just me? Maybe it's an iOS problem...

• Advertisement
Advertisement