Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If I had to guess I would say he rented a man with a van and is going around collecting the freebies due to him from around the country.

Render unto Ryan what is Ryan's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Extra falseness and fakeness for a Thursday 👍

Some people are good eggs some people are not so good eggs 😴

• “This isn’t a secret text from my team”

Is he telling us we sometimes hear fake texts from his team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Everything about the Ryan Tubridy Show is suspicious 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I imagine none of the callers to radio shows are spontaneous.....all will have been carefully triaged by researchers ....( very often callers to Live Line thanked Joe for ringing THEM!!!! )

If the reaerchers don't have a panel of "callers" ready to be invited on.... its not too much of a stretch to assume they just impersonate callers themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Of course callers are lined up by the production team.

They need to check the line and make sure that the caller will make a useful contribution to the show.

Sometimes they get it wrong and a loose cannon gets through.

Any producer will have a list of people with an interest in the subject being discussed and they call on them to take part in the discussion.

Researchers do not impersonate members of the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Montrosia" must be one of his most delusional ideas. You'd swear he was working in some crazy dream factory where wildly imaginative content is produced and not a dull, boring place devoid of originality where people like himself get paid a ridiculous wage do sweet f*ck all.

After talking about a movie about karens who are all made out to be nasty mean and horrible people he goes on to say Irish karens are beautiful holesome good people.

He's so terrified to offend any irish person, that anyone may think hobidy the toyman may not be as wholesome as he wants us to believe 😓😓

Post edited by avfc1874 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Advertisement

Probably something like the”Willy Wonka” chocolate factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Another "influencer" on the late late tomorrow.

DLB must love social media...one guest a week who is some nobody with a few followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He told us so often how toxic social media was, and how it was rotten and evil.

But when it is supplying guests to fill time on the LLS, it's great.

I'm deeply suspicious how someone is able to earn so much for doing so little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Did anything emerge as to the reason for the Galway trip? Or purely a junket with an overnight and associated expenses for The Toyman and all the crew to one of his favourite places?

All that emerged today was that he is planning on several more pointless trips in the near future.

His thinking would be that these regions should be so thankful that his grace has taken time out of his busy schedule to lower himself to come and say hello to the plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

"If I could just touch the hem of his garment..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Delicious

• Advertisement

Lol thinks he's worldly and cool for defending graphic novels as being legitimate literature......and then implies that they are for children..... twice!

Not a genuine bone in his body. So insincere.

Thinks twitter is kind when it votes something as "the worst instrumental solo" ever and has a good laugh at it. I have to say I'm very confused now as to what "kindness" and "bullying" entails.

If there was vote on reddit / twitter for the "worst interview ever" and Ryan's experience with Channing Tautm and Jonah Hill topped it would it still be so funny?

Ryan's definition of what bullying constitutes depends very much on if he is on the side of victim or bully.

If he is having a laugh or is entertained by the bullying then it immediately gets classed as "a bit of craic."

However, if Ryan or someone he likes is the focus of attention then immediately any type of observation that is not in the arena of praise and compliments gets classed as "bullying."

In my mind two of the worst things a person can be would be a bully and a hypocrite and I believe Ryan Tubridy is both a bully and a hypocrite. If there was a forum to address these points to him directly in a formal manner I would absolutely do so but for all his talk about wanting to engage with people this isn't an option so I'll just flag it on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just tuned in.

An extended ad for Johnny Logan's show.

Books for schools

I expect the last few minutes to be about the LLS and how great it's going to be.

• Ryan’s humility knows no bounds, as he regales us with the tale of walking by Nassau Street yesterday and hearing his. Presence announced from the commentator in a tour bus.

"You know".

You know. Bla bla bla. You know. Bla bla you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Accidentally listening this morning. It could be better but its not. I guess the producers just go with the flow or they suck too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gibberish, the most of it.

Don’t get bond wrong 😂😂

• Advertisement

Tubs struggling with downes syndrome actors 😂😂

why did you cast a "downs syndrome actor" .. bloody hell.

Only lasted couple of minutes this morning. When he started into how great Hillary Clinton is, radio went off.

“Because the character is downes syndrome “

Ryan “cough splutter bleh bleh i mean blugh I meant bla bla” 😂😂😂

that was lovely

Yeah, he got a bit weird when he realised his question was silly. What could he have meant anyway? Did he mean "why is there a character with Downs Syndrome i your film?". Because that would be an equally stupid question.

He reminds me of being in a class or when youre at a presentation of some sort - there's always some eejit in the crowd who asks nonsense questions just for the sake of it.

• Advertisement

Think it was a handsome Dan situation and got caught out 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

I am praising you.

Accept it.

i hope the sopranos prequal is the most violent movie ever made just because it was described as "a delicious meal of a movie" by our hero

• Was Brendan O’Connor listening?

are we all excited about bond ?:)

• Advertisement

tubs dreams are very different to mine, i dreamed i mashed an orange into a collander with a pestle and made orange juice the other day

He outdid himself in the blabbering stakes during the first few minutes this morning between the story about having trouble with his credit cards and then the story about passing through a toll bridge. Incoherent waffle is an understatement.

possibly outdid it this morning with garda and lack of beards

including generalizing that about catching robbers and rescuing cats from trees

Self described "typical bloke" takes the time to write an email to the show with tears in his eyes and in the usual style of writing of emails sent into the show. Good stuff.

Also ryan pretending he knows anything about the real world when he's never left the bubble he was born into in his life.

No context or introduction to this guest at all. Just a man taking about his childhood. Ryan even managing to get the literal first detail incorrect. Not a moment of effort or research put into this show as usual.

• Did I get this right?

Ryan has a competition to send frontline healthcare workers (am I right?) to latest Bond movie?

And first caller turns out to to be a chef working in Rathmines?

And Ryan then says “feeding the troops”, followed by “you shall go to the Bond Movie”….?

🤣 Someone in the studio wilL be in trouble for letting that one through!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

If by "trouble" you mean they will be "finished work for the weekend at 10am on Friday and won't give it a second thought" then you are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

The problem there, of course, being that a frontline healthcare worker is far too busy dealing with real issues to be listening to this rubbish on the radio to hear about any such competition in the first place... A cinema full of chefs, porters and back office workers, courtesy of the licence fee payer. Good man Ryan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Has he filled the late late audience with front line workers yet as he promised/threatened to do?

CPL 593H

He’ll look around the RTÉ canteen first to see if there’s any Z list celebrities looking for an uplift in their careers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭StevenToast

So youre saying the late late show can provide an "uplift" to a career??

😂😂🤣😂🤣😂😆😆

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
Advertisement