Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Definitely want LOITV to return. It's great to watch away matches that I couldn't get to and it's very handy to be able to watch other matches in the league if we aren't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pats vs Rovers is not on LOITV tonight. On rte instead.

No idea, why it's not just on both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

RTE want people to watch it there I would assume to make more from ads. It would have been part of the agreement that they had exclusive access when they agreed to show it.

I would rather watch on RTE tbh as they have a better overall production

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Sligo Rovers/Pats game two weeks ago was geoblocked on rte player and on LOITV they only had the feed from the automated camera the opposite side of the pitch.

Maybe that was set up last minute because of RTE's geoblocking which has been resolved now and the RTE Player will be available worldwide tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A tweet from Rovers ten minutes ago contradicts the earlier, saying it is on LOITV.

So, it might be on LOITV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big game for Waterford tonight

Disappointing to see how Jack Byrne's move to Cyprus turned out. The injury killed any chance he had of making it there really.

Garner must be in his mid-30s by now and on considerably more money given his rep though. I read that they are cutting the budget due to missing out on Europe but I didn't think Byrne would have been on outrageous money over there. If the injury didn't happen and he was playing well at the end of last season surely they would have rather kept a guy approaching his prime over paying him off? It's still APOEL at the end of the day. They aren't going to sell everyone off and settle for being a midtable side with useless players for the forseeable

Maybe not.

This annoys me. I pay 170 euro license fee but i'f im on holidays I cant access the player

• Advertisement

This match should be on worldwide, but I agree it's a load of sh!te.

Been told it's not blocked tonight by the same person who couldn't watch the match 2 weeks ago, so it seems to be sorted. 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Stream from Dundalk poor tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Doubt it was 5 figures as that would have put him on a par with the likes of Garner, still would have been a decent wedge.

He cant sign for a club in the UK or Ireland until January so looks likely to be the MLS next. I would be very surprised if he's capped again.

There's so many teams in the MLS now and more to follow you'd need to be a very poor player not to get a game there.

If Wexford had brought Ian Ryan at the start of this year instead of mid-season, we would have such a better year.

It has 27 teams in it now and plans to go to 30 in the next 2 years! The standard is very mixed from decent at the top end to fairly poor towards the bottom. Any of the full time pros in the LOI should be getting game time at Austin or Toronto.

Abankwah gone with a calf injury. He grew up in Longford. Another one we let slip away.

Shocking performance from Rovers in Dundalk but not too surprised. We always blow hot and cold under Buckley.

Huge win for Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

Shams lucky again tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A draw probably a fair result, but again I don't know why SOD sets out his team to get a 0-0 draw against Rovers in every game. 0-0 was fine for Rovers, Tonight and away in Sligo two weeks ago were two tests if they were challengers and dig out results.

Results this week have put Rovers in the driving seat, Bohs squandering a chance to make a late run. If they won both games and beat Rovers they were very much in it...but now 21 points behind with 30 available. Sligo halted again, 14 points with a maximum of 24 left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What? SOD sent out a team to try and win. Bradley did not.

Bradley with the best players in the league in every position absolutley set out to not lose and nick one late on, even your subs are better than our 1st team.

Dude if my members club was paying Towell 5k a week for that level of performance and losing 1.8m I would have questions at the AGM.

But anyway 2nd is the target 4 wins should be enough from 8 games.

Wasnt a great game with both teams playing 5 at the back, Jaros made a few decent saves to keep us in it, think we only had one shot on target

Rovers had 0 players from the best academy in the world on the pitch, pats started with 3 and subbed on 1. Just in case anyone wasnt sure where else Rovers are pissing away money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Results really went for us tonight, with Sligo and Bohs both losing.

This race for 3rd might go down to the wire.

We played well enough in the 1st half tonight, but it looks like our 2nd and 3rd goals were lucky. Plus we weren't 3 goals better than Longford. They bossed the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We were very good tonight against UCD, absolutely comfortable all night bar one bit of poor goalkeeping from our second choice. Defensively strong, Whelan didn't get a sniff. Once we got one we were never letting it slip. Bit of momentum can be built and maintained now hopefully and we'll have a decent chance in the playoffs.

Pats had to win the game at home, but they had only one shot on target from a centre back and played five at the back. Is that them trying to win it? They've sat off Rovers in all four games this season. It's not like he doesn't have attacking players and talent upfront. Time and time again this season, teams are retreating against Rovers and losing late and saying they were unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As a Waterford supporter Finn Harps are some baxtards but by god they never give up

Bohs away in the cup for us but look nothing to lose.

Heartbreaking to lose like that. We didn't deserve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Not a coincidence that Dundalk are starting to get a bit of momentum now that full crowds are back. Great won tonight and here's hoping that the form continues in the league and cup

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tom2

One of three big decisions this notorious ref got wrong.

• Advertisement

Don’t know where you got the idea that Pats played 5 at the back. They were 4-2-1-3 from start to finish.

Working off dreamers75' assessment. Rovers played three at the back, Gannon, Lopes and Grace. Lennon going off seemed to open up space with Rovers breaking forward late on.

I’ve the height of respect for dreamers75 but he called that one wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

it will go down to the wire no doubt we’ll loose 3rd place on the last day. We’re destined to **** it up after squandering such a large gap.

For those who bitch about quality of the league, I thought Longford played very good football in large parts last night.

For a team at the bottom of the league, I was very surprised. They passed us off the pitch for most of the second half.

• Advertisement

..... And were duly humped 3-0.

They've nothing left to play for and havent for a good while now so may as well knock it around.

They were the 5th placed placed side in the first division last year and still look like that's about where theyd be if they hadn't been promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Solid win on Friday, probably should have had it wrapped up long before the 90th min! Cabo definitely missing Marty Waters a lot. We're nearly f**king there though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Widely reported he's on €3-3.5k a week.... Probably would have been on similar at Salford!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Quick question for you. My little 5 year old girl wants to goto a football game. Is there any suggestions on one that would have a decent crowd and would start at 6pm at the latest? Needs to be in Dublin. Who is playing or what level is irrelevant as it is the crowd and stadium experience that we want.

LOI premier and first divs seem to be out as I cannot see any matches that start early enough (7 or 7:45 would have her up way too late).

Would any ladies matches get a decent crowd or are there any underage internationals coming up?

Or is the FAI cup final the best option? The Dundalk Rovers match 2 years ago turned into a bit of a disaster with my other kid (then 5) though.

A Shels women's match might be an option for that. They usually start before 5pm on a Saturday and take place in Tolka so there might be a few people around.

Otherwise the FAI Cup final is your best option.

• Advertisement

Cheers

Saw the Shels matches alright but would they get a decent crowd considering the league is already decided?

Sweden match KO is too late

That's an incredible triple save from Talbot.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭RedCardKid

Hard to believe he was in the office in Oriel in the off season ready to sign a contract only for Fillippo to ring Bill and pull the plug in favour of Abibi.

That Dundalk - Bohs stream was such an absolute belter. Great match and Adrian Taaffe was superb on comms. Cannot beat LOITV for coverage of games like that - would be a pure fluke if Declan McBennett had picked up that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Should Keith Long be getting more out of the players he has at his disposal this year? Looks like the cup will be the only route to Europe.

Dundalk showing a fair bit of bottle in the next few games. The game up in Ballybofey on Friday could be crucial to avoid the relegation playoff.

Although that was a big result for Dundalk last night, they have really opened up the battle in the 3rd to 5th spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bohs are closer to relegation play off spot (6pts) then 3rd spot (7pts) - mad league

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

While our starting 11 is good, the backups haven't been good enough. We've had 6 games in 18 days and not handled it well at all. Defensive organisation hasn't been good enough either, and that's been a problem all season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

not even near the mark lads. I really don't know where all this comes from.

I'm not going to post his salary but think about the way the Bazuna deal has played out for Rovers. You can safely assume that the same thinking is applied to money exiting the bank account.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement