Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup 2020 [Official Thread!]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,919 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

6 v 2 is not bad at all - considering 7-1 would have been a fair score today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A fourball should be round in 4 hours max, especially with 16 minute gaps in tee times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

6 2 after a day, it could be 12-4 tomorrow the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭Xander10

Looked like they might have ended up 6 adrift but 4 is not the end of the world. Chip away a bit tomorrow, get back to 2 and it's game on.

I mentioned 8 to start in the morning. I would play the same 8 in the afternoon.

Time for Paddy to be ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,886 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It should yes, as they have marshalls to locate their balls and not all players are finishing out holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

If they dont at least draw 4-4 tomorrow its all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

5-3 would be a brilliant day tomorrow. But I feel if the us extends there lead the singles will be a disaster on Sunday.

The Miracle was 10-6 after the second day so they'd need at least that tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

5-3 tomorrow and we're in with a good chance. 9-7 is easily do-able and the US could've easily had 7-1 today. All is not lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hovland/Fleetwood

Garcia/Rahm

Hatton/Fitzpatrick

Poulter/Wiesberger

Probably what I'd go with for foursomes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They actually are dictating what we see, to an extent. It's being filmed by the US network but they are sending a live feed for every hole.

I have been watching it on South African TV, who are using the world feed. And it is totally different, you see everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I think if I'm Harrington I defo sitting in Mcilroy in the morning Foursomes. Not sure where you put him now at this stage. I'd just go complete curve ball and send him with somebody like Wiesberger in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'll admit I'm relatively new to following ryder cups closely but do captains tend to that, like pick Saturday players based on the Friday performances. I really think McIlroy, Westwood and Casey shouldn't play tomorrow. I'd play Poults in the foursome perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭Xander10

Don't want to see poulter, Westwood, Casey or Rory at all tomorrow.

The other 8 can drag us back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Tomorrow morning I reckon Rahm/Garcia, Hovland/Tommy, Hatton/Lowry, Fitzpatrick/Poulter.....Casey, Rory and Westwood are not at it all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

First 3 solid pairings, last a disaster. I'd throw Fitz/Bernd w in.

But Harrington seems to be banging on about some kind of pre planned approach, wouldn't be surprised to see old guard out again. He's stubborn like that.

Won't be watching if I see Westwood, poults, Rory, Casey. And won't feel one bit sorry for Podge if he goes with that and they're tanked come Sunday.

For the life of me can't understand Casey going out first with Bernd. He's not in form and US combo was going to be rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I'd pick the first 3 also.

Didn't see enough from Fitzpatrick or Poulter this morning to justify them going out again. Rory and Casey as the 4th pairing for me - experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rory has to play tomorrow. Hes going for the 5years in a row of playing 5 matches per ryder cup. This is more important than the task at hand. This is about his legacy!

If it wasnt for poulter they would have been beaten 9&8. Poulter kept them in it despite rory's best efforts

• Advertisement

Full pairings:

Match 1 - Garcia/Rahm vs Koepka/Berger

Match 2 - Casey/Hatton vs Johnson/Morikawa

Match 3 - Hovland/Wiesberger vs Spieth/Thomas

Match 4 - Westwood/Fitzpatrick vs Cantlay/Schauffele

For foursomes tomorrow. Casey confirmed to have incriminating photos of Padraig stashed away somewhere

Edit link :: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/golf/1496344/Ryder-Cup-Saturday-foursomes-pairings-golf-news

I think Hovland and wiesberger is a good pairing. I was calling for that one before the cup started

Massive pressure on Rahm/Garcia in that opening game. I reckon they could well be Europe's only point scorers again tomorrow morning

Shocked to see Westwood and Casey, and no Fleetwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chasingbirdies

Full pairings: Predictions

Match 1 - Garcia/Rahm vs Koepka/Berger - Europe win

Match 2 - Casey/Hatton vs Johnson/Morikawa - Big America win

Match 3 - Hovland/Wiesberger vs Spieth/Thomas - 1/2

Match 4 - Westwood/Fitzpatrick vs Cantlay/Schauffele - America win

Rubbish from Harrington, Absolute dirt matches 2 to 4. This will be a rout.

Casey. Again?

Casey from What I saw wasn't that bad at all outside of his abysmal putting, deffo a better player for a 4 some where you'd hope he would be hitting 50% less putts then normal.

He's done nothing to justify playing 3 matches on the spin. Eventually poor putting erodes confidence. Putting under pressure is everything at this level (possible exception of Bryson)

Why can't in form Garcia play 2 matches in a row, but Casey can come back for 3, they're close in age? 3 years prep for this, all these vice captains, and decisions like this. don't get it. Westwood in same club as Casey re putting.

Errrm just noticed WHERE DA FCK IS FLEETWOOD?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shipkast5

First post, am amazed by some of Harrington combinations so far, seems to be working more on loyalty than form...

Garcia/Rahm(at this stage, we all 100% agree), expect a win there...

Casey/hatton.. i expect a hammering, unless Hatton goes mad and delivers...(i would have hatton/hovland)

Hovland/Weisberger.... another beating against a did, there, done it combination

westie/Fitzie.......US point guaranteed before tee off

For what its worth, i would have went;

rahm/garcia

fleetwood/fitz

rory/shane

hovland/hatton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kerry_man15

Were you expecting anything else from Harrington? He was never going to be the exciting captain who would take risks, makes changes as events unfolded etc. He is one of the most boring, risk-averse players in the game. He will stick to his plan no matter what is unfolding I'm sure, has probably spent hours analysing everything.

Advertisement