Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just watched the Omega V Danielson match again

Goes down in the history books as the best tv mach ever. It feels like every time you watch it there's new things that crop up, the small little things both wrestlers do just shows why they are the best in the world by a country mile.

Omega is just a ****-ing star and his reign as champ has been phenomenal, every title match he just consistently has great match after great match, the guy is a bloody machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Excalibur, Taz & Starks now that’s a commentary team.

Punk vs Hobbs was very good.

Starks with the we do Brunch line might be the best bit of commentary all year

Deadly American Top Team get physical and take out Jericho and Hager.

Sign them up.

Jungle Boy vs Adam Cole next Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Homicide well there is someone I wouldn’t have expected to show up b

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was watching the Renee/Eddie Oral Sessions during the week and he mentioned Homicide being a good friend so good timing for that.

That ramp seemed dangerous from how ones would slide down it or slip on it during the 8 man tag.

Orange would be the last man I would want to come for a save. Hardy could've cut the hair, tidied it up and given it a wash and blow dry in the time it took OC to come down.

How long until P&P vs Lucha Bros for the titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

That old Japanese guy they made a big deal of and brought in was fairly jobbed out.

The american top team for any mma experts really are a bunch of has beens and never mades.

Masvidal in AEW would of been massive a year ago. His star power and hype is definitely over since Usman embaressed him.

Paige Van Zant is a good one though. If they could train her into a wrestler they could be onto something. She has the sex appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Paige's punches were horrible. It looked like she was tickling Jericho. There seemed to be a lot of ad breaks during Rampage too it felt like more than usual. Good show but you'd know the crowd had been sat there through Dynamite already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm no expert on Japanese wrestling but I think the craic with Suzuki is that he's cultivated a rep that goes beyond win/losses. People like seeing him because he's a crazy ****.

From what I've seen of Paige she seems to be half taking the piss and it doesn't come across well. Looking at Ronda as a comparison (and I was a hardly fan of hers either) but you could at least tell she was a fan and was taking it seriously. All that being said absolutely, if she can learn she can be potentially awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Masvidal whilst he not the draw that he was is still a huge draw imo. If they're able to get him in a ring for a match, it'll draw people. Particularly if that's with Jericho as his name is also something casual or non wrestling fans will know. Was actually surprised they were allowed do stuff last night, thought there might have been contract issues there.

Hopefully there will be something there, it's the only decent payoff for the Lambert stuff imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The trios match was so good, was class to see Cole back with the Bucks. Cole/JB should be great!

Miro interrupting Sammy’s signs and destroying Fuego was good stuff. I liked Hobbs/Punk, Hobbs has come a long way from starting off as enhancement talent on Dark during the pandemic.

Main event was really good too, Suzuki awesome to watch as always. I loved Homicide coming out, always liked the notorious 187 and it made sense after the earlier GCW show.

I think there could be a great program between heel self-absorbed executive Cody vs revenge driven Punk who wants to just wants to be Punk.

I think the likes of Christian, Punk, Cody need to be used as a counter to the high paced, high spot guys using them against the likes of MJF and the other guys whose in ring stuff isn't as polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You undoubtedly get more wrestling in AEW than you do in WWE but I was surprised to read Smackdown had that little in-ring action. I guess if you're more into the sports entertainment side of things you're set with WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't think it's too surprising to be honest. Dynamite and Rampage were essentially PPVs and all matches this week. Actually thought it would be higher.

While on the WWE side of things, they have a PPV set for Sunday so they're promoting the feuds on the PPV card instead of having those talents in matches for the most part.

That being said I think if you compare it any week WWE would probably be way behind wrestling wise. Even with all that said Raw at 19 minutes on a 3 hour show is embarassing and NXT only being 17 is as well. I guess that's Sports Entertainment for ya pal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The trios match was great fun. AEW love their multi man matches but they really know how to put them together.

I did properly LOL’d when Callis was on commentating and said hey kid next train to Stanford leaves in 20 minutes when they threw Christian off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half of Raw is just ads. Aside from it being shít, the ads were the other reason I stopped watching it.

I don't know how Americans stomach that many adverts on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dave Meltzer reporting that Roberts is dealing with undisclosed health issues. During a recent appearance, Roberts was in a wheelchair and he had an oxygen device in his nose that he would take out when posing for photos.

Best wishes to Jake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

My one gripe with Rampage was when Homicide did his run in, he hits Archer in the gut with the chair and Archer bent down for the chair shot to be the back but it felt an age coming, Archer was just bent over looking at Homicide with no selling of gut shot really, just looked unnatural.

Why was there so many breaks last night? Think my Roku remote batteries were gone at the end of the show cause I was fast forwarding so much.

I was hoping with Punk being older that he would have retired his absolutely horrible elbow drop from the top rope 😂

Thought it was an ok show. Definitely felt that the crowd were a bit worn out. Didn't think the main event was that great tbh. Enjoyed the Punk match and the trios match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, it did feel a lot. Not sure was it normal or was it just that a lot of Dynamite seemed to be PiP ads so we didn't get them and Rampage seemed worse as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They may have agreed with TNT to have more ad breaks during Rampage and fewer during Dynamite or something. It was definitely more than normal last night. Even Excalibur apologised for having to take another break at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Isn't it fairly common knowledge that he has COPD issues , also apparently he's had surgery for something in his feet too

Tony Khan on Busted Open Radio talking about the Owen Hart Cup.

“This is going to be a tremendous event. It’s a great partnership with Martha Hart and the Owen Hart foundation. Martha is a very principled woman, to say the least. She is a very intelligent woman. She thought long and hard about this, and we talked for a long time about this. I talked to Martha about this for over a year on a regular basis. She put a lot of thought into it, and we put a lot of thought into it. That’s how this came together. She’s a really good person, and I think she wanted to make sure we’re good people too. I really like Martha a lot. You can’t say enough great things about the legacy of Owen Hart, how much it means to so many of us, and what a great opportunity this is to celebrate his life. We’ve had this in the works for a long time.”

“The Owen, I think, can be a very special prize in wrestling. I think people are going to want to win The Owen. I believe we will really establish that as a very special thing in AEW, and a very special annual tradition. I’m excited to tell people more about that. I’ve got a few match announcements and a few big booking plans up my sleeve that I’m excited for people to find out about. That’s all coming I think in due time, and the Owen Hart announcement is really, really big for us. When we get through this huge night tonight on Friday Night Rampage, I think next week we will have a lot of cool stuff when the dust settles.” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Having a whirlwind week here, was on the sesh with Santana and Homicide all the other night, finished up at 5am and numbers exchanged and all for another when Homicide makes it to Seattle in a month 😂

Heading to PWG tonight so will see what else I get into!

A great promo package for The Fallen Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Renee mentioned yet again on Being The Elite, while 2.0 were doing a skit about challengers for the BTE Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

640,000 average across the two hours of Rampage as per Brandon Thurston on Twitter.

727k in the first hour dropping to 552k in the second, which isn't at all surprising given how they front-loaded the card.

Tbh if I was watching live in America, I think I might have tuned out myself during the second hour if I couldn't skip all the ads haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

At the airport now ending a wild wild trip. Will do a full write up in the coming days and I spent time with lots of wrestlers so got some cool insights.

At PWG last night I met Uno, Chuck Taylor, Malaki and Dante Martin as well as tonnes of others. The indie scene has some serious hot prospects now, Jack Cartwheel will be snapped up by Tony K soon I reckon. Check out his stuff.

Advertisement