Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTC : Currently no ports available

Options
  • 25-09-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

My wife and I have been househunting for a while now. We did find a home but it fell through and we are back to the drawing board. We have found a house we quite like but the airwire broadband checker we have been using shows that FTTC is available but "Currently no ports available"

Does this mean that broadband at this home is not possible? If the house we like already has fibre broadband is there any way we could get it transferred with the sale of the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

There are no spare VDSL/FTTC ports free at the local cabinet meaning the copper line to the house has no ports to connect to until someone currently connected cancels their service. Others in the area may also be waiting for a spare port to become available.

Is ADSL available on that line and if so what speed is available?

Post edited by The Cush on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

If previous owners had FTTC ( VDSL ) broadband and not cancelled it yet ( or worse , not paid the bill )then it will show “ no ports available” too.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

I can't see from the Airwire checker if ADSL is available or not. Is there a checker I can use to check that with just an eircode?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Have a look at the eir website or give them a call

Advertisement