Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Happy 23rd September! Always a special day for us older Blues, up there with Christmas and Birthday :)

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1440813161247039490

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Where is Delap , I thought he would be getting a look in those games.

Solid win yesterday, had to listen to it on the radio but sounded like we were in control for the game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Liam played for the EDS side at Doncaster in the Papa John's Trophy on the same evening as the Wycombe game. Otherwise, I''m pretty sure he'd have featured against Wycombe. Same for Samuel Edozie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Good win, while it won't completely remove the hold that Chelsea have over us, it goes a long way in removing the fear factor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Having said that Chelsea would still be my slight favourite for winning the league this year. There are not going to be many teams that will beat them.

That opening day defeat at Spurs is getting more annoying by the minute.

More of the same second half and I'll be happy.

How did Milner stay on the pitch? Answers on a postcard to.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

At the end of the day probably a fair result, great match and a draw at Anfield is always good.

Milner should have seen red for a second yellow, but thats the kind of decision you get when your at home.

• Advertisement

Yea I think we edged it , just tho, but cant be disappointed with a draw either.

If someone had offered you 4 points from the trips to Stamford Bridge and Anfield, last saturday morning, you'd have grabbed them. I certainly would have. And yet.... I'm slightly underwhelmed at the draw today. That game was there for the winning, particularly in the first half when we bossed the game, Yes; they had a good 20 minute spell after HT. But I still feel we could (should?) have won that game. Ah well; onwards and upwards.

No, I don't think it was a fair result at all. Before kick off I would have taken a point but we were robbed.

Milner should have been sent off for the foul on Foden in the first half, which was not even given as a foul. I thought that's what VAR is supposed to fix? Then he committed two obvious yellow card fouls in the second half and we was STILL on the pitch!

And to think that it took a miracle block by Rodri to even get a point from that match!

Great match, though, we all agree on that one.

Did anyone check out our fixtures until January, was listening to Newstalk last night and they went through them. Not a bad run, except for UTD away we should be expecting to win each of those games. We could very well be top at the new year with our three hardest fixtures out of the way (Utd, Chelsea, Pool away).

Burnley H

Brighton A

Crystal pal H

Man Utd A

Everton H

West Ham H

Villa A

Watford A

Wolves H

Leeds H

Newcastle A

Leicester H

Brentford A

We had a brutal start to the season with Spurs, Pool, Chelsea, Leicester away and Arsenal at home (ok, maybe that one's an easy fixture these days!) all within the first 7 matches! It can only be followed by a much easier period because the tough matches are out of the way already. And yes, I do expect us to be top sooner rather than later.

Leeds home might be the toughest one out of that list, assuming that they manage to find a bit of form until then - or maybe they perform for that one game only, like bloody Spurs.

Head says a United result will be better for us and it's always good to see Liverpool drop points.

But I just can't do it. I can't support them, no matter what. I'd love to see them hammered 5 nil, f*ck the league table.

• Advertisement

A draw would be perfect. But if we have to have a positive result, then a united win.

1. It helps keep Ole in a job.

2. It's a blow to Liverpool, who are way more of a title rival than utd.

Believe me; it pains me to even contemplate wanting a utd win. But what can you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Well .....that couldn’t have gone any worse!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I revel in their suffering

never forget the way they went on with us

fcuk them

• Advertisement

Aguero in hospital with chest pains . 3 months out. He only started twice for Barcelona aswell .

Is this what you'd call a 2-0 chasing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ticking over nicely but still think we badly need a replacement for Kun

We went for control in the second half rather than steamrolling them. Easiest 3 point we'll ever get there. Would have loved another walloping but I'll take the points, thank you very much

Adding Haaland to that team almost feels like cheating. Just imagine what he would do with that service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a very enjoyable exhibition of football

Can you imagine, if we had a striker out there today, like a Haaland, or a Lewandowski, or a peak Kane (not the current version) or a (whisper it, Salah) the Liverpool 5 goal haul would have been equalled by HT. DDG made two or three fantastic saves in that opening half. The second half was like one of those warm down sessions you see players doing after games. We never moved out of second gear after HT.

Anyway, that's trips to Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Leicester, OT and Spurs got out of the way in our first 11 games. Which is good. Three wins, a draw and that inexplicable defeat at Spurs on the opening weekend.

Post edited by blueser on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Easiest game of the season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Ole still at the Wheel , even Cardiff realised he was not up the job , some people are just not born to manage, nice guy and all that , but he is league one standard at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Yes, feel a bit sorry for him tbh, he appears quite a likeable guy.

• Advertisement

Post edited by blueser on

That age old refrain; if only we had a Haaland/Lewandowski-type striker. We've done everything but score.

Excellent performance by the team tonight. Bernardo would be my man of the match.

Bernardo man of the match is almost a given for every match he's been playing this season (with the odd consolation price to Rodri or Cancelo, just to mix it up every now and then)

Ya a great performance, and a great result.

I think that we could end up the same this season as last, win the league lose the CL final and Wed night is illistrative of that.

Our movment is so good and the player are of such quality that over the season we can get by with out a striker, but in knockout football against the best teams we risk that we need to many chances to score and without a striker on the books we have no real plan b

utd depriving Chelsea of two points.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Excellent day of results. They needed to be knocked off their stride, going through their mini injury crisis with no dropped points would have given them a lot of encouragement. whilst it doesn't derail them it's a setback. Keep the gap less than 3 points meaning one slip and they could drop is psychologically huge, they've not had to deal with this kind of pressure for a bit, let's see how they cope if we can put a big run together and they have to respond every single week.

• Advertisement

Shame United couldnt hold for the win, still take that. The league shaping up to be a very tight. Sort of lucky in a way the Ole left when he did, I wouldnt have thought this could have happened a few weeks ago.

Fully deserved 3 points, though it was harder work than it needed to be. Not helped by Mike Dean. He was dreadful.

Ya great result, and its good that Grealish got some time and Kev and Phil are on the way back - its a busy 5 weeks ahead

Apparently, only Ferran is unavailable for Watford tomorrow evening. Good to see the absentees from Villa Pk (Kyle, John, Ilkay, Kev and Phil) are back in contention for places. Have to be honest, though; I can't see Kev starting after his Covid infection. Maybe the last 20 minutes or so.

It really is criminal, the amount of chances we waste. Grealish should have a hat trick by now. It's no exaggeration to say we should be at least 5 up by now. Please, please, get Haaland.

• Advertisement

Can't expect to score every chance but I do hope Jack gets a goal he does deserve one here.

Apparently, we're boring to watch as well.

Could do with another couple of goals this evening. Try to close the GD gap.

Now it's time to push on. The hard work starts now.

Top of the league. Told you so 😀

Grealish, Sterling and Laporte could have had a hattrick tonight, and Grealish should have! Our play is sublime but our finishing is brutal, apart from Bernardo's, of course.

Maybe we're playing the wrong tactics. Instead of passing the opposition off the pitch we should just give the ball to Bernardo every time and let him do his thing. 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement