Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping up N26 account

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

If a release costs 200K, I'm afraid you are doing it wrong - very wrong! For something as critical and constantly changing as internet/mobile banking, the team should have gone agile -> devops years ago. A release in an agile/devops world, regardless of the system, should involve pushing the button. Pushing a button never costs 200K. In fact, AIB's team was moving to agile many many years ago. No idea how they operate now, but heavy outsourcing will, no doubt, have introduced layers of bureaucracy and manual tasks, a lack of innovation, silos and, ultimately, costs.

Can you not just set up a standing order to transfer the funds into N26 via internet banking? That way, you don't have to worry about saving the payee and/or manually transferring every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sorry, I hadn't seen that message, I only saw this thread appear on the front page.

I linked my bank account to N26, I can't actually remember how. But I think I clicked +Add Money and then it asks for bank account. I linked to account.

It wasn't difficult at the time, but I know a few companies have started blocking fin-tech cards and saying "we are working on it". Anyone in before the lock is okay. I don't know if that is the case with you, but I am pretty sure it is the case with me and my broadband provider. It has been pointed out elsewhere online that they do it, and a few times on these boards. Including, seemingly - banks.

Again, I don't know if that's what is happening with you. But it should be pretty straightforward if not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You are claiming the AIB service is free. It is not, they either charge the customer fees or they make money out of them on mortgage interest.

yup that's exactly what I do have. If my standing order isn't correct though (if I need to take any more money from AIB) it's an utter faff to sort. Can't be done via App, needs a card reader etc.

• Advertisement

In an offshore model, that's not too far off the belief of some 😜. Yet the overall cost of IT change skyrockets as you need a lot more developers, plus testers, plus lots and lots of managers, never mind all the meetings and admin and bureaucracy and slow-pace and much lowered expectations.

But my post above is terms of the cost of a "release". The release component, in a well run org, with a well-architected system should be tiny, as releases processes should be efficient and tasks automated.

Advertisement