Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

The dissidents responsible for killing Lyra McKee were not the IRA or PIRA. Why try confuse the two? SF had nothing to do with the Republican Dissident, pool of possible future Fine Gael senators, currently active in the north.

The CPS are part of the British state. As I said, if they decide it was a crime. Where anything the IRA did was automatically a crime. Being IRA was a crime.

They only way the BA killers could go free is if the British government decide to let the killers go free. Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

You do understand who carried out the Omagh bombing?

Give you some history. It was the "Real IRA" or the "New IRA", can never keep up with the name changes. This version was member of the PIRA which left because they didn't agree with the GFA and wanted to continue the fight to get the British out. All of these people had been in the PIRA up till a few weeks/months before

Are you trying to tell me now that the PIRA and SF forgot which members had left and started up this new organisation?

Not sure what the vulgar language is required on every post. Doesn;t really add anything to the conversation does it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Didn't Mary Lou say she doesn't know any millionaires😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Ah here, Blanch....I'm not for a second going to defend any kids getting blown up by the Provos, but you can f*ck right off with this. Some of us have had innocent family members completely unconnected to any sort of physical force Republicanism killed by British state forces with the actions of those responsible having a blind eye turned to it and demonstrably corrupt Inquiries saying there was no wrong doing.

Condemn the Provos all you want, but you can shove your, 'the brits did no wrong' apologistic nonsense right up there.

The government and state officials can certainly be held to account for illegal acts, but all too often the supposedly independent CPS were pressurised into finding whatever the hell was convenient for the government for them to find.

This sort of narrow view, completely devoid of the actual reality some of us lived is why you have precisely zero credibility on any of these discussions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I asked you your opinion but I guess you cannot front up.

It is amazing that there are posters in 2021 that cannot admit that leaving bombs in civilians areas that kill children and toddlers are not crimes. People with this mindset are living on a different planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The Snoddy lad won't be going hungry either anytime soon, although I'm not sure how much of his €1,600,000 is made up of ink cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,471 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Not bad for a lad on the average industrial wage, one would surmise.

No need for the dramatics and allegations. No opinion, they were illegal and criminal. I can't decide what was and wasn't criminal. I am not the British establishment.

If you are looking to use people to twist some kind of angle out of this I suggest you rephrase your question. Try harder as you say.

There may be councillors and TD making fraudulent claims for travel expenses, being at two all day meetings in two different parts of the country on the same day, crony makey-up jobs, Moriarty, Siteserv, Project Eagle/Cerberus and the like, but thankfully you'll always have the 50,000 for printer cartridges from 2012 😀

• Advertisement

Yes, wasn't it the SF TD who put up a link on twitter to him complaining about the amount of raises he was offered, then during the pandemic put in a claim for full expenses for his huge journey from North Dublin. Very hard on these SF TD's having to live on a TD wage without sticking in a few expenses while sitting at home

Of course we had Pearse who got fined because he didn't bother his ass going to government building, too much hassle to do what he was paid for

Its a Sinn Fein thread so maybe concentrate on SF.

Probably. I'll take your word.

Are you a MOD? You keep telling people when mentioning other parties is allowed.

Im not a mod, just pointing out its a Sinn Fein thread. It seems every comment is followed by "something something FG/FF something something". Is that the best we can expect from SF, just pointing at the other parties?

Also I don't keep telling people, one poster kept complaining on this thread that everyone was talking about SF, I just pointed out that this was the SF thread so naturally SF would be discussed on it.

I except to see you giving out on the government thread when Sinn Fein are mentioned so.

By the way I never mentioned any other parties regarding the fraud and corruption, honest if unintended that you naturally assumed it was "something something FG/FF'.

It is not I who is confused, it is SF and their TD's who proclaim again and again that the PIRA were not criminals. As you admit that indeed they were criminals who committed crimes, some say even war crimes as decreed by the Geneva Convention.

Yet, these are the guys who some want to elect into power?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I am not confusing the two.

The PIRA were dissidents and are supported by Sinn Fein.

As for your reference to future FG senators, I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,471 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Would be a very sad day for Ireland if that ever happened.

The only people to deal with dissidents since the GFA were FG/Lab when they made one a senator. FG have more of a link to dissident republicans than SF. Maybe ask Fine Gael to use their contacts?

Changing your tune already. Mairia Cahill was never a member of Fine Gael. You might want to drop the lie completely about FG and dissident republicanism.

But hey, you give a free pass to Mary-Lou McDonald and the rest of Sinn Fein who refuse to condemn the dissident terrorist organisation (PIRA) they supported and continue to support, while you criticise Mairia Cahill who apologises for her support of a dissident terrorist organisation and admits she was wrong to ever get involved, albeit only for a very short period when young and vulnerable.

It really is a disgrace to see the way that you apply different standards to different people.

Ah, we are back again to the usual tropes about Maria Cahill anytime questions about SF get too close to the bone.

Every.single.time.

One would swear there is a playbook.

• Advertisement

The Lyra McKee killing had zero to do with SF or the IRA who signed up to the GFA. Let's be clear. They actually despise Sinn Fein.

Bit of a struggle, but you got there in the end fair play. They were criminal that committed crimes yes.

You have a very basic understanding of a much more complex issue but I'm guessing that's just a front in an effort to try throw a few political digs.

The IRA were illegal. By default any member was breaking the law. They behaved like a paramilitary organisation. They operated like an army. They carried out killings. All deemed criminal and illegal. They didn't see it that way. They never claimed or wished to operate within British law. In fact they actively fought against it.

So do you see where you are running into difficulty? They would not see themselves as criminal, even though they must admit under British law they were. They celebrate and stand by many of their people and actions. Exactly like the BA do. I don't expect one army in a struggle to feel answerable to the laws or the opposition in that conflict.

Since the Good Friday agreement and before, some of these IRA members joined Sinn Fein favouring politics. You and FF and FG can try use the troubles/conflict to deflect from real current issues, sure, go nuts. Don't expect people who fought in a conflict to apologise for every single act through the moral high ground lens of parties who all started out the same way or the British who butchered and murdered with the best of them, albeit all nice and legally like.

You know all this though. You are trying to discard context to get in cheap historical digs. Ask Boris Johnson does he condone stick broom shafts up peoples backsides or putting cigarettes out on eyelids, because that's the guys regularly get voted into 10 Downing street.

People are far more interested in how they can't afford their rent and might never own a home.

It has the added twist about Mairia Cahill having somehow transformed herself into a FG member. There are enough lies about her very short time as a young vulnerable woman (abused and abandoned by Sinn Fein) with dissident republicans without posters adding to the lies they tell about her.

When people like your good self try to confuse the issue equating dissidents to the former members of the IRA in Sinn Fein, it's important to point out Fine Gael have closer ties to the like shot Lyra McKee than Sinn Fein.

Once again you look for forgiveness for Sinn Fein figures who supported and in some cases helped with horrible acts of terrorism, yet you look for condemnation for Mairia Cahill for a brief flirtation with dissident republicans when a young and vulnerable woman.

The hypocrisy is nauseating.

What tune? I'm consistent. Your understanding may shift.

Never claimed she was. Stop lying.

I wouldn't expect former military from any party to condemn their army.

Any clear examples or more lies?

Stop lying. No point in making stuff up and getting upset over it.

Where have I said such a thing?

Again, more lies. I've no issue with her what so ever. I pointed out she was a dissident, opposed to the GFA and FG/Lab made her a senator. And you lads are trying to link Sinn Fein to the same dissidents 😎

Can you be a little bit against the GFA, briefly and it doesn't count? How long would it need be? 😅

The Lyra McKee killing had zero to do with SF or the IRA who signed up to the GFA. Let's be clear. They actually despise Sinn Fein

You miss the point. Martin Ferris was doing his level best to invoke that 'Might is right' when he talks about violent republicism. The men who murdered Lyra McKee were following in the footsteps of the PIRA, who killed scores of innocent people.

The IRA were illegal. By default any member was breaking the law. They behaved like a paramilitary organisation. They operated like an army. They carried out killings. All deemed criminal and illegal. They didn't see it that way. They never claimed or wished to operate within British law. In fact they actively fought against it.

They also fought against the Irish State and did not recognise the legitimacy of the Irish State or the Dail until very recently. They also murdered Gardai and Irish Defence Forces personal. I have a relative who was in the Defence Forces and to a tee, they all hated the PIRA and regarded them as cowards.

So do you see where you are running into difficulty? They would need see themselves as criminal, even though they must admit under British law they were. They celebrate and stand by many of their people and actions. Exactly like the BA do. I don't expect one army in a struggle to feel answerable to the laws or the opposition in that conflict.

ISIS see itself as following in the footsteps of Mohamed and the doctrine of Jihad when they chop peoples heads off and burn homosexuals alive. It does not matter a jot how SF/PIRA see themselves. People who drag out that excuse leave themselves open for a fall.

Since the Good Friday agreement and before, some of these IRA members joined Sinn Fein favouring politics. You and FF and FG can try use the troubles/conflict to deflect from real current issues, sure, go nuts. Don't expect people who fought in a conflict to apologise for every single act through the moral high ground lens of parties who all started out the same way or the British who butchered and murdered with the best of them, albeit all nice and legally like.

You mean since the GFA where Northern Ireland is still British and still ruled under British Law, the same law the folks in the PIRA think they are above? The same British Law where the New IRA see it as OK to murder Lyra McKee? You see the issue here don't you. If that murder was a crime, then surely all the other murders committed by the PIRA were crimes too, or do they get a pass now because they are all claiming expenses and pensions from the NI Assembly?

Oh great more lies layered upon more lies.

For someone who claims that others need to brush up on their knowledge, you need to hit the books yourself.

Maria Cahill has deep roots the Irish Republicanism. Her Great Uncle was a former PIRA Chief of Staff. Apparently, her Grandfather recruited Gerry Adams to the PIRA. Her being Republican royalty did little to help her though when a PIRA man raped her when she was still a teenager.

She has zero links to FG, none whatsoever.

There are lies about Mairia Cahill, there are lies about FG, there are lies about the British, there are lies about the criminal thugs that were in the PIRA, all told to deflect from Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

Except they weren't. You are confusing different organisations with each other to try link to Sinn Fein. It's dishonest. Fine Gael has more previous with dissidents than Sinn Fein.

They did. Illegal paramilitary organisation not following the rule of law from states it doesn't recognise. I'm shocked.

The Good Friday Agreement was kind of a big deal. It showed the IRA had aims outside of random acts of violence. They were happy with what was on the table and accepted. It's a peace agreement not the deeds to the six counties.

ISIS and the Taliban all the same? Give over. Strolling off the reservation now.

Yes, they were all crimes. One organisation isn't responsible for all others. As you point out, the BA killers aren't responsible for other British killers such as the ones killed Lyra McKee. Different groups of killers chief.

Advertisement