Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Sarr from my TOTW pack.

Pleased with that given some of rubbish available.

Doesn't fit my Serie A team but he'lll be a decent super sub for the first couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads I cannot score for the life of me, pain in my bollocks with it already 🤣

Nothing from the 4600 FIFA Points from the pre-order.

Did get Ferland Mendy and Kounde from the Hybrid Nations mind so that should be touching on 200,000 over the next week or so when the meta players start rising with general release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Playing some friendlies this evening and I honestly don’t see a big difference between this gameplay on PS5 and when I last properly played in 20.

Playing 352 and you can transition as quickly as you want to, the slower buildup is probably just because people have low rated players with slow pace right now. The top tier players can still do what they want, playing with a few loan cards and finesse shots from the edge of the box are still OP just like they were before with players like Son.

On the topic of the player switching being messed up, I used to always use that as a barometer for who’s side “Game Flow” was swinging to at the time. If it’s messing up for you it’s a good sign it’s not on your side for that portion of the match.

Either way, found myself enjoying it more tonight and won a few friendlies as well as Rivals with my 82 team. Has me hovering over the buy button.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Caved and put together my squad - 4321:

IF Vini, Griezmann, Gnabry

Valverde, Can, Kroos

Moreno, Alaba, De Vrij, Dumfries

Handanovic

Only played two games but felt Griezmann was a bit anonymous, so might upgrade him to Benzema or wait and see if Benzema wins POTM. Have 10k left, might try trade a bit with it but I’m honestly not too arsed. Fodder for PL POTM could be a good shout tho.

• Advertisement

Jimenez can be easily got for 1k at the minute so I'm just going to buy as many as I can as surely that price for an 83 is a banker soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I genuinely don't think I've outperformed xG in a single game. Keepers are stupidly good, seriously needs fixing. Just played drafts yesterday and managed to pull Ederson, Werner & Mbabu so I've somehow ended up with 350k in week 1 of the game

What do 83's like him (non-meta, good league) generally go for when they get to some sort of "normal" price?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I seriously can't believe some of the teams I've come up against. I've only managed to pack two walkouts, TAA and Mahrez. Struggling to keep up with some of the teams out there.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement

Well I only played last year from April but 83s were going for a few K at that point.

Surely he'll go for 2-4k once things get up and running.

I dont see how he doesnt rise up a fair bit, even if just for a SBC.

Even the silver Championship players I was buying last year were going for 1k plus when the SBCs would launch in 2021.

Hes also an easy sell foe 1700 so I'll churn a few of them for the 700 profit and then I have more listed way above value.

Yeah I think you're spot on.

I'm stocking up on Hojberg at the moment. 900 coins for an 83 rated PL player just seems guaranteed to hit 1,500 easily over the next few weeks.

Maguire is my main investment this time around. Getting him for 2k-2.2k on bids. An 84 rated English PL CB is someone who should pretty much double.

The big thing is the Antonio POTM SBC should be out soon and I think a lot of people will want him, so those prices could offer us decent profit pretty quickly.

I packed Ferland Mendy last night and was going to hold him until general release, but I might sell him for 120k now because I reckon I could easily turn that into 250k+ with how cheap 83+'s are at the moment.

The only pain I find is when you load up your club with so many similar players you can't open packs when you go unassigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had no idea Mbabu was going for so much as a 79, was sitting in my club since launch. Might be able invest in some 83s with that and get things rolling for the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maguire is the safest investment you will ever make. Even now, in flipping a few a day for 2k profit each.

Running through the hybrid SBCs currently. Only one left which is the one that needs loyalty. Packed Insigne and Milato in one pack yesterday. Also just got an untradable Coman who seems to be worth 40k, so will be putting him in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anyone on the PS5 need to do the co-op objectives? Feel free to drop me a PM.

That Rivals rewards system is a bit strange. You'll get to a stage where you only need 7 wins each week, but for season rewards, you need 90 wins total in a 6 week season, which is 13 wins per week. The rewards generally don't seem great either, though there is far less effort involved.

I like the fact that you can experience in rivals with little to no consequence, and people can't self-relegate to make objectives easier but it's going to suck if you get stuck in a higher division for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

New loyalty glitch is very fast btw - hop into friendlies and quit out as friendlies now counts towards card stats. <5 mins I’d say to get full loyalty.

The best thing about FIFA22 is that you can now see which packs are tradeable!! This will come is so handy when saving packs.

If you log onto the Companion App, there's an option on the main home screen to sign-up to email alerts from EA Sports.

In return, you'll get a loan Base icon of Pele, Cruyff or Puskas (will take up to 72 hours to be added to your club).

Well worth doing to be able to use them in friendlies, especially if objectives are based in friendlies again this year!

I got that when I logged in this morning, I must already be signed up! Handy to have for friendlies.

Right, I'm very happy with my team and think it will do me for at least the next month to six weeks.

So I've sold everything else in my club to re-invest it into cheap 83's and 84's.

My main investments are Maguire (2k-2.2k) Tripper (1.7k), Henderson (2k-2.1k). All 3 are obviously English and in big leagues. 84 rated so I'd expect they will hit 5k+ in a few weeks.

Other 84's I've gone in one are Felipe (La Liga, Brazil, 84 rated, 1.8k) and Ilicic (Serie A, 84 rated, 1.5k).

Also have bought a good few of Hojberg at 900 which is way too low for an 83 rated PL player.

In total I've invested about 250,000 for now and would expect to at worst double that once the SBC's start dropping in the coming weeks, but the likes of Maguire could easily hit 6k-8k.

Hopefully the Antonio POTM SBC comes out at the end of this week as that will kick start things very nicely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Will Maguire really rise much with that 50 pace? Seems to be all most care about, sweat galore.

I doubt anyone will be buying him to play, but they will buy him for SBC's.

He's highly rated at 84, plus easy to link by being English and in the Premier League.

For example, if the Antonio POTM SBC comes out and they're looking at an 84 rated squad, or a guaranteed OTW pack comes out and they're looking for similar, those 84 rated players regardless of their stats, will be in demand and as a result their price will rise.

Can anyone recommend a decent cdm in the prem? Currently have a midfield of McSauce Ndombele and Van de Beek. I need to upgrade badly.

Maguire last year regularly bounced from 2k up to 6k, depending on SBCs. Being 84 this year instead of an 82 will make him an even safer investment. His pace just means he’ll drop lower in between SBCs, making it easier to restock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Have you had any luck getting transfer market access on the web app yet? Still none here and it's been nearly a week 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Should I transfer list all the players I got in my packs to get coins or is it better to keep for SBCs?

i haven’t got a proper squad yet as I have a total mishmash of leagues and nations, so they have limited to no playing value to me.

It really depends on personal preference.

I ran through as many SBCs as I could with the fodder cards, and then transfer listed anything I wasn’t going to use.

Have to say, I adore that Harry Kane is a proper beast in this. “Slow” but makes great runs, tall and strong and scores from anywhere.

• Advertisement

What do you consider fodder? I have a whole bunch of golds under 84.

If I am to transfer list, is there any advantage in waiting until Friday?

Advertisement