Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jesus that latest one was a hard watch. What an animal.

Lots of unanswered questions though - why he targetted them? Why the crazy level of violence if it was just a burglary?

He is up for sentencing on October 7th.

Incredible viewing. Was it a totally motiveless random crime? Was the purpose simply to viciously attack and leave or was it an aggravated burglary gone wrong?

he was a sex trafficker- did he turn to aggravated burglary for some reason? I was left with so many questions. There are certainly psychos out there- only in the last week in the UK a pizza delivery driver was arrested for an apparently random attack and murder of a young teacher. But it’s horrible when you actually see these attacks live on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Last night's show left a lot of unanswered questions alright.

I have a feeling there was more than meets the eye with the Chinese family.

The perpetrator of the vicious assaults was involved in the sex trade and people trafficking racket.

The house and car (and even the extent and quality of the CCTV system in the house) of the Chinese family seemed a bit much for a guy who worked in a nail bar (cash business).

Obviously I am not excusing the crime but they always say to start with the motive. This guy was an enforcer and maybe he was laying down a marker on behalf of his bosses.

I dare say, my mind did wander in a similar direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have agree, I was perplexed at why this family was targeted and also the determination of the father of the girl who was brutally assaulted to stir things up on Social media and the 20k reward, there was something very ,very odd about him and this toe rag didn't just happen upon this house, he was there for a reason, it was no chance burglary and dare I say he was looking for the Father IMO, the scumbag made no effort to steal anything, knew there was CCTV (thought he got the systems hard drive before leaving)

He was utter scum however and glad he was finally caught .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

He actually would not have been caught without the Social Media exposure, It clearly states a guy recognized him from the coverage in Romanian Media and called it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Look I would be lying if I said the thought hadnt crossed my mind about the Asian family...but there was zero indication of that. Would you or I automatically go to that if the family weren't Asian? Someone involved in that world tbh would not want the publicity....they would also have connections no doubt to find him. I know people who are involved in bars etc they have a lot of cash...the cameras are pretty standard, I would think nail salons are similar. It could however be in relation to "protection" money not being paid, or he reported the brothel, who knows.

The 20k reward helped....he fleed to Romania that night...he was all over the news by looks of it and made him too high profile to hide out.

Let's hope he gets a nice long sentence, no idea how he managed to get off with the sex trafficking/prostitution charge.

O, I'm not doubting that I just sensed the father was quite obsessive when it came to uploading video and seemed to be getting DM"s even after the footage was removed albeit well shared at that stage. I just found the father's behaviour generally very odd. Also the CCTV set up, I've 24 hr cctv at my home (outside) , but certainly not inside and in what seemed every room, very creepy indeed.

Personally I've not mentioned the ethnicity of the family or indeed the scumbag, I'm more curious as to why this house (actually I believe family) we're targeted, I'm also curious about any home needing CCTV in what appeared every room inside the property, very, very odd, somewhat creepy and certainly over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Despicable human being

I assumed the family owned the nail bar - and it seemed a busy place, cctv in the house is certainly common in the US and other places so that wouldn't make me suspicious

Still we will have to wait for the court case in about 10 days time to find out why he targeted them - he even knew there was cctv, maybe a family feud...

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I took from last night's programme, them local cops weren't getting anywhere......if the "ante" hadn't been upped with social media that scumbag would've had a year or two in Zurich with the lovely Anna & been back in business

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Imagine what violence he metes out to the women (children some of them) in his 'businesses'.

It's possible they couldn't find one of the trafficked women to give evidence I suppose, given that they all seem to have families back in Romania that he or his henchmen could target.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mad episode, hopefully he gets a life of pure hell in jail, especially if the inmates were watching last night.

I get the impression with the father/husband/son of the victims that it's not over yet if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I didn't think this was a great episode. Will wait for conclusion. Couldn't believe the level of aggression and violence

M

There is none, it's a single episode. Next Monday is a different investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

i concur with alot said above, so many questions, dont believe for one second a random attack, it was either protection racket or perhaps it was competition to his own brothel activities, even the cops kept asking why this house, was it random? they found it odd too, seems to have plenty cash and the CCTV indoors was very very odd

Anybody watching tonight??? Not a great episode....a bunch of lads kicking off about a peri- peri takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah, poor one tonight. Just a pack of scumbags taking shots at each other. Baffling how yer man with the shotgun, who was seen and arrested by police with the gun was found not guilty. Lol. Grand justice system.

It really shows that you get the 'representation ' you pay for....... that state prosecutor wasn't up to much.......obviously all them lads with machetes & guns had 'top drawer' counsel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Visible disappointment from the coppers too, he really held back what was obviously going thru his mind, must be ver disheartening to see that kind of thuggery go un punished, Crown prosecutor didnt come across on screen as the brightest bulb

• Advertisement

Therein lies the problem.....crown prosecutor on £90K a year........top criminal defence lawyer Looking at more than that PER CASE.

That was the one that stood out for me....what was his excuse...oh I am just taking my loaded sawn off shotgun for a walk...

Pretty sickening they all nearly got off, even the guy with the tonnes of drugs only got 2 and a bit years which seemed light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

We need another Anthony McGrath type episode to get the series back on track. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-56564228😎

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Fair weird looking fella with all the drugs in the shed.

Poor season so far from something that has been so good in the past!

Tonight's episode doesn't look too promising..... part1 of a 2parter, historic sex allegations in Luton???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jaysus that was rough. Yer man actually laughed at one point. Surely since they're airing all this, the case has to be done and him in prison already

I had a gander on the ol Google machine......... convicted last week on loads of counts............SENTENCING THIS WEDS 13TH

That was a very tough episode. The part where he rubbed the hair of the kid in the picture literally gave me shivers

Will definitely watch next week to see the outcome.

How the hell did he get away with that rape of an adult?! His semen was inside him and rohypnol in the drinks

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sentence delivered this afternoon.... life sentence.......MIN of 22yrs!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears even more victims have come forward since/ following Monday night's episode.

Methinks ole Carter Grimes is about to enter a world of sxxt

• Advertisement
    M

The guy from a few weeks who entered that home in the unprovoked attack was sentenced today, he got 16 years...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10092279/Fake-Amazon-delivery-driver-36-faces-jail-home-invasion.html

Advertisement