Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great losses guys.

@DvB - sorry to hear about the elbow, hopefully it wouldn't stop you from doing some stuff.

Needless to say I fell off the wagon completely over the long weekend and eat, drank anything in sight. Back to it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers DvB I will try keep the runs in but getting in a calorie deficit is tough. Im a weak man and my OH is baking again.

Tennis elbow is a pain, I though I had it once but ended but being the ulnar nerve being pinched in my neck which made my elbow ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Only really stops me doing biceps on the weights, the rest are fine. The really sore bit is work, typing & using the mouse constantly.

BTW, how them eagles doing!? 😉

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

What a terrible few days sports wise.

Europe got hockey'ed, Utd lost and Eagles got stuffed, by Dallas of all people!!

I had the reverse weekend sporting wise, Rovers, Arsenal, Leinster & the cowboys all won (3 of them derbies too!!)... not often that happens!! Had thought the eagles might push on after their opening w/e win but they've looked poor in the last 2 games, the cowboys could have stuck up 60 on them last night and they'd have had no complaints. The late TD when the game was over flatters the score line so don't watch the highlights expecting a tight game. Just glad washington & the giants lost as well...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I could say we are in a transitional period and working towards being good next year however doesn't make me feel any better!!

I felt similar last year when Dak got injured, wrote the season off straight away, enjoyed the rest of the NFL season as a neutral & started looking towards the draft.

Most likely me this year. Let new QB & head coach, rookies etc bed in, get rid of a few expensive vets, draft well and hope next year is better.

I went to a couple of Patriots games when I was in Boston for a few months when I had a girlfriend there many many moons ago. It was early Brady days. I have the shirt and all however it just doesnt seem right supporting them. So I took three quizes to see who I should support and got the following.

Damn it.

Not keen on Washington since the name change, I would have to google a few of the others.

Yeah, you don't want to be supporting the Pats, Steelers would be a big no from me as well, the Jets are just eternally weak & pretty much never achieve anything (even hope) the Browns though are an interesting one, the weakest team by a mile for years they've now invested heavily & made the playoffs last year & are likely to go some way this year too...

Of all the ones you have there the niners would be the most appealing to me, having been there SF is a fantastic city too... so the potential to travel over to see a game would be even more appealing.

• Advertisement

I hate, hate the word franchise and teams moving to other places. Imagine Leinster moving to Munster. So what teams are the real teams, who are still called what they were called and are from the same place?

Ive different feelings to SF, some lovely streets but gone to the dogs.

Agree with this.

We have a mate who was never into American football till he started watching it and now loves it. On a night out we had to come up a team for him to support as he not natural allegiances to any place in America. After going thru pretty much every team (a lot of person bias, i.e. I said if he picked Dallas I would never talk to him again:)) he ended up on the 49er as no one had a bad word to say about them.

Teams not moving... wow, depends on how far you want to go back... so many have moved over the years.

I honestly reckon the best way (& the way I'd do it now if I hadn't an allegiance) is to watch redzone a few times & see what teams you get drawn to in terms of play, players, dynamic etc. See if anyone tickles your fancy basically.

I've story not dissimilar to TRS30's with a friend to took to it late, I said follow anyone other than the pats, steelers & packers, ( & for divisional rivalries sake giants, skins or eagles... ) he chose the eagles purely because of the green colour & to wind me up... he works in the states a few months a year & went over a couple of years ago to an Eagles home game & came back looking to change teams as he didn't like the vibe around the supporters at all so ended up doing that... watched redzone for a few weeks & got drawn to the Panthers and has stuck with them since & has really gotten into it. So all allegiances aside thats what I'd recommend.

Not at all, I have no issue with the eagles myself, after all (not a slagging btw, just a fact) they've been the weakest of the NFC east teams traditionally in terms of success so were never really a rival in that respect.

All kidding aside we were looking to get a friendly slagging going as the rest of in our group all follow different teams, but he genuinely didn't like the vibe over there around the stadium & ended up not liking the idea of the eagles at all, think it was Philly in general TBH. Could happen any of us given we have little in common with the places in reality...

So tempted to follow the Pats, just kidding DvB. I id myself that I will have time to watch any nfl. I havent even have a chance to watch the hurling or leinster play in 2021.

Anyway, I had pints last night and loads of little dime bars.

Havent been a good boy of late myself, between one thing & another haven't managed to get to the gym since Friday, been okay on the food front but had a couple of guinness over the weekend and the odd slice of brack... the one good thing is my steps have been over 10k per day so that helps a little. Back at it tonight though, need to go handier on the weights as my elbow seems to be getting progressively more uncomfortable so will need to manage that for the time being methinks, thankfully it wont affect the cardio which is good though.

I can relate to that. My connection is through my wife's family that live in the philly suburbs and I've been going over for 15 years. Her uncles and cousins are all mad sports fans and I was a fan of NFL with no real team so was a natural thing to start supporting the eagles.

Been 'downtown' many times and like most cities has some bad areas and the the sports fans can be a bit on the aggressive side. The atmosphere can be an acquired taste, the all day drinking makes for a lot of drunken behavior, much more then we would be use to at sporting events over here.

Post edited by TRS30 on

Fi

Fair dues, that's a better reason for supporting your NFL team that most would have (myself included).

Funnily enough because the vast majority of us over here have little connection to these places we don't really generate the bitterness in terms of rivalries that you get with more local teams/sports. Given I deal with enough grief on that score with the LOI, Rugby & GAA its refreshing that the NFL stuff is more friendly banter (in the true sense of the word) though thankfully none of the teams supported in my group of friends have squared off in a superbowl yet, I suspect that may bring out some niggle 🤣

Have never been to Philly myself but its on my list, Chicago is next though, been looking to visit there for years and take in a white sox game while I'm there too. So many places over there I'd like to visit, even without sport as a factor.

I have been to Philly to visit a pal from there and loved it, some great bars. It was surreal that there were distinct bad and good areas where it was like the wire with lads hanging round on corners. Real no go areas.

Who's the worst team? I love an underdog.

• Advertisement

Was in Chicago years ago. A great city and one I would recommend to visit.

I have never done the West Coast so is on my list of places to visit. At this rate it could be a retirement thing. The OH and I talk about renting a RV and driving around the states when the kids are all grown up.

Reminds me of one time when we decided to get the bus to Atlantic City. I said to OH aunt that we were going by bus and the look on her face as the bus went from the 'bad' area downtown. She made my OH's uncle take the morning off work and drive us 🤣

Jets however that would take real dedication. They are terrible, like really really bad!

Yeah the Jets are the current basement dweller, and to be fair more often than not they'll be in the bottom 2 or 3. I wouldn't go there unless you're a glutton for punishment. The browns were for years, but as mentioned earlier they've gotten their act together and it would be a real shock if they didn't make the play offs now.

West coast is great, definitely worth a visit, San Fran and San Diego I loved (went on honeymoon), LA you could never visit & not miss much, Anaheim is nice though & worth visiting for the wines alone!

Roughest I've been to was New Orleans & Atlanta... oh boy, areas I wouldn't go into without a detachment of Marines to keep me company! Some real poverty & huge drug problems & off the charts crime levels... if I wasnt so bloody nervous I'd have felt sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry to drag the thread off topic lads 🤣 Feel like I’ve somehow cheated my way to a loss this week. Only 4 days in the gym, food wasn’t great and I was more smashed than Joshua after the fight on Saturday night

7 months: -7.6lbs

Week 31: -1.2lbs

Anyway, as you were. Go Rams

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rams fan here too! 😃

Great loss this week in the weigh in!

Just said the Rams to get a dig in at you 😅 I am slowly starting to change my opinion on the Kroenke’s though 🤐

Down again. I've been rock solid in the gym. I haven't focused too much on food to be honest but I mustn't be splurging quite as much as usual

7 months: -7.6lbs

Week 31: -1.2lbs

Week 32: -2.2lbs

Super work prof... super result.

Back in the gym myself tonight after a 10 day rest to try & help my elbow & boy am I looking forward to it, even if I will be largely limited to cardio.

• Advertisement

I have done zip in the gym. I basically need to stop posting here as I am making no effort.

Advertisement