Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lot of calls about to be made, the shorts don't wanna lose all their money

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Belgacoin.com Not an exchange, per se, but they function via SEPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah and there was even a major China Bans Bitcoin Scare around now back then aswell, I dont want to sound like one of the morons on Twitter but its a bit uncanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well I'm not into cryto but my brother has broken even just now. He didn't buy the dip he had already been invested and with the drops lately he was in the red but the coin he is holding has risen today. So just even hopefully it keeps going up and he can get a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The next halving will presumably with it dramatic price increases in most cryptos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

One of my Matic buys triggered yesterday and is already in the green. I may take the profit as I'm still fairly confident of a dip but that profit as it stands will be for a trade to BTC rather than stablecoin 😉

Surely counts as excited, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,052 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Was completely off on my previous prediction/guess that it would mirror 2018 closely and Eth would slide at that rough time, but we got an additional month or so of climbs (e.g. at the time I sold a portion at Eth EUR 2600, and I think it went as high as EUR 3300). As usual the market is predictably unpredictable. I would still think a long bear is on the cards in the coming months, but the usual disclaimer I really dont have a clue what is going to happen next. I sold a big chunk of portfolio in the first half of this year, so that 5 year pressure is off, but have kept a decent portion remaining for future bulls (I never sell the lot, ever) over the coming years/decade/more

Hilarious to see that one of my few indulgent buys this year is up 10x. As soon as I saw one of those new bullshit Bitcoin ABC's new on the listings at 20 quid I snapped it up, well over 200 now (changed to XEC or something)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How do the rest of you have your crypto portfolio?

I started with just ETH, but swapped it for a bit of a few others for no good reason other then someone online said these were good coins 🙄

• 75% - ETH
    • 10% - DOT
    • 10% - FET
    • 5% - ADA

Just curious if people tend to stick with one coin, or split it around a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

ADA 49%

ETH 35%

COMP 5%

MANA 2%

DOGE 2%

Rationalised a bit lately.

MATIC 3%

And the rest in stablecoin awaiting buys to trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

BTC - 43%

Harmony One - 30%

Ethereum 11%

Rest is made up of Rose, Link, Ada, BNB, Cake and Hyve

With Harmony One it is more i was a very early investor and it's grown a lot rather than putting a lot of money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fair play that's good risk management. I'd be a bit more risk on but I regret not taking more profits back in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

45% BTC

30% ETH

6% ADA

~3% each in LINK, SOL, AVAX, ALGO, DOT

and the rest made up of NFTX, C20, WAXP and CRO.

All that is about 40% of my overall portfolio, aiming to bring it up to around 50% over the next while.

I've completely changed my tact recently. Have most of my crypto tied up in farms. Now to learn exactly what Impermanent Loss is...

Binance academy has a fairly good explainer on it and if you want more depth there are plenty of jump off points from there once you have a better grasp of what you are after.

BTC 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Impermanent loss is basically opportunity cost. So the actual value of what you deposit will always stay the same but, if you would've made more money by not depositing your money at all (ie if one of the assets rises in value relative to the other), the difference is the impermanent loss.

So if you deposit $50 USDC plus $50 BNB ($100 total) and the price of BNB triples, you can always still withdraw $100 but the ratio will have changed so your $100 will now comprise of $75 USDC plus $25 BNB.

If you never deposited your original stake, you would've had $200 ($50 USDC plus $150 BNB). In this case, your impermanent loss would $100 ($200 minus your original $100). Hope that makes sense!

Love your consistency Cnocbui. Certainly a lesson to people like me who tend to chase and trade rather than HODL.

Balls of steel.

My allocations have added a little more, it's now.

MATIC 3%

VET 2%

Stablecoin 95%

With buys set for the entirety of the 95% covering a 65% BTC and 30% range of ALTs spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

38% XRP

38% ADA

8% VET

6% BTC

Rest is a mixed bag of sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

75% made up of

HBAR

SOL

ETH

BTC

KSM

LINK

Rest made up of FTM, MATIC, VET, XRP, DOT. And a few longshots/shitcoins. Also recently added a small amount of FUN and QNT on recommendation of a friend - don't ask me what they do, I do not know...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Very roughly 25% fetch (I've big convictions on that one lol), 15% eth, 15% stable, then likes of 10% or less of btc, chainlink, Thela, Qnt, Rose, hot. Crypto sitting at something like 20% of my overall equities portfolio, it's given a fantastic return on investment since I started just over a year ago, but I've certainly no plan's on ever increasing that above the 20% given the downside risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I’ve been picking up some SUSHI when the price is right. One quarter the supply of UNI so it could pump harder with a far smaller market cap, has more partnerships now. Nice UI on it too.

Thanks. My last crypto transaction (purchase) was in late 2017. I haven't sold any and wouldn't consider doing so until I have emigrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

The recovery is on (again) boys - hopefully this is the start of the remainder of the bull run for this cycle many of us have been anticipating, and it plays out like 2013, but won't feel too hopeful until we're back well into the fifties

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I had been mulling a purchase since the 21st and came close to pulling the trigger two days ago. As usual, I haven't a clue how to time the market 😂

Pffft timer the market is easy

😣 I dunno...

Pretty soon I'm going to have to stand firm on this 😉 as my stance for going to cash in August 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Advertisement